Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently (3434 Views)

Cheating Husband Loses N26-Mil He Gave 'Bae' To Hide From Wife - SA Court (PIX) / Ladies: Would You Welcome A Framed Picture Of Your MIL In Your Home? / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
Is it right for a MIL to bring food for her son (he's an only child) and recently got married.
His wife isn't comfortable with the way Mama comes to their house daily with food and the guy doesn't know how to tell his mum to stop.
This whole thing is causing friction already..
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by donbachi(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nothing dey wrong..mind u,she wont do dat forever...if it was to be ur own mum,would u have complained?.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by catwalq(f): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Momma probably misses her son. Just give her time,she'll adjust.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
1. This shouldn't prevent the wife from preparing her own meals for her husband. She should just say, "Thank you, mama", set the food aside and cook for hubby as she normally would.

2. To look at it in a positive light, the MIL is saving them time and money. She obviously has the time and money to cook the food she's bringing, so they should allow her and enjoy the free food. On days when they're running late or too hungry to cook, they can eat mama's food.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Acidosis(m): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
Where is her father-in-law? When there's no responsible father-in-law in the mix, some mothers misbehave. Real fathers won't allow their wives try this kind of nonsense. She needs to go back to her husband's house and cook for him instead.

14 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by sisisioge: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Aunty...don't get yourself stressed unnecessarily jare.

Get a bigger fridge/freezer. Cook regardless and serve you meal if that's what you want him to eat that day and refrigerate mama's own. The days you don't feel like cooking, bring out her own for both of you to eat. Issue resolved fa.

17 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by LewsTherin: 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
sisisioge:

Get a bigger fridge/freezer. Cook regardless and serve you meal if that's what you want him to eat that day and refrigerate mama's own. The days you don't feel like cooking, bring out her own for both of you to eat. Issue resolved fa.

Makes sense.

But you know what they say about little foxes.

Or a stitch in time.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by sisisioge: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
LewsTherin:

Makes sense.

But you know what they say about little foxes.

Or a stitch in time.

Hmmmm...the fight shouldn't be her own. Let mama and her son deal with it. I'm sure mama will get tired pretty soon if she never receives more than a thank you for the meals and their body language is not very welcoming, she would stop. Imagine her son consistently complaining that he doesn't want Egusi today or saying the saki is too hard without dropping any money for groceries... No one will tell her to stop.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by seyigiggle: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
you should have envisage this.
tell your hubby to inform his mother to bring the food on 2 days rotation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by ireneidiva(f): 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
You have time. Stop cooking and enjoy the free food while it lasts.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Richy4(m): 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Key points

He is an only child..
Who Married Recently..

Many parents that got an only child will be conversant with this.. Some will be tempted to do this, Others will be calling on phone nonstop just to hear their voice... because the house looks deserted.. too many echoes around the house etc.. She's just being a mother.. She will adjust with time .. It is not easy for any parent that got an only daughter.. especially on her wedding day.. sons are a little bearable when they got married and were out of the house..

It's unfortunate the son married a possessive brat who thinks the mother inlaw got an ulterior motives.. This sh!t is not even supposed to be a problem in a situation where the wife takes the mother inlaw as her own mother

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by elektra(f): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
Look at what I am looking for in my life, someone is rejecting.

I go just relax, enjoy free delicious food.

My mom and mother-in-law will work for me oh. I want them to cook us food, watch the kids, e.t.c. They are always happy to help.

I plan to have child-free summer holidays as long as our parents are able to watch the kids. Ship them off to grand-parents and enjoy my life.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by desvi: 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
she can bring food as much as she wants as long as she brings enough for the two of us
I'd like that cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by desvi: 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
elektra:

My mom and mother-in-law will work for me oh. I want them to cook us food, watch the kids, e.t.c. They are are always happy to help.

I plan to have child-free summer holidays as long as our parents are able to watch the kids. Ship them off to grand-parents and enjoy my life.

exactly cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by chii8(f): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hmmm...the lady should have seen that attachment with the mother in law and the son during their courtship days,she can't separate a mother and her only son,she should start seeing the mother in law as her mother if she wants to last in that marriage.Because if it were to be the Lady's mother bringing food to the house, she won't be complaining, everyone would have been enjoying the free dish.

Someone is bringing free food and you're whining.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
ireneidiva:
You have time. Stop cooking and enjoy the free food while it lasts.

Wanted to say this fa, free food and she's complaining, it's for both of them to eat na, infact when they start having little ones the mother should continue bringing food, na she go tire.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
I am highly sensitive, but there are things I won't bother reading meanings to and this is one. My MIL is family, so why should I be pained?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Pavore9: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
It is not right but yhe mother is yet to accept the reality that her only child is now a husband and she is having issues with transitioning.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by 24kmagic: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2019
There's nothing stopping this from going to the promise land

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by mankettle(m): 2:21am On Sep 13, 2019
Oko mama. The husband is the mother's husband hence the closeness. You don't expect mama to stop feeding her husband because he is now married. Some wives Sha. What stops her from appreciating the food, collecting it and dishing part of it, or making a deal with her Co-wife(MIL), on bringing food during the week and allowing her to feed her husband weekends. With time when kids come she will appreciate all the help Mama is giving her.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by LewsTherin: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
No offense to all you guys here but any mother who refuses to realise her married son now has his own family and life to live, who is "just missing him" and to show how much she loves him is bringing food to him DAILY, has chosen to bring issues into said son's life.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Gloriagee(f): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thank you jare. I need some free delish food in my life right away.

elektra:

My mom and mother-in-law will work for me oh. I want them to cook us food, watch the kids, e.t.c. They are always happy to help.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thank you.
Acidosis:

Where is her father-in-law? When there's no responsible father-in-law in the mix, some mothers misbehave. Real fathers won't allow their wives try this kind of nonsense. She needs to go back to her husband's house and cook for him instead.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thank you very much.
sisisioge:

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
Richy4:
Key points

He is an only child..
Who Married Recently..

Many parents that got an only child will be conversant with this.. Some will be tempted to do this, Others will be calling on phone nonstop just to hear their voice... because the house looks deserted.. too many echoes around the house etc.. She's just being a mother.. She will adjust with time .. It is not easy for any parent that got an only daughter.. especially on her wedding day.. sons are a little bearable when they got married and were out of the house..

It's unfortunate the son married a possessive brat who thinks the mother inlaw got an ulterior motives.. This sh!t is not even supposed to be a problem in a situation where the wife takes the mother inlaw as her own mother

She is not being possessive, it her duty as the wife to cook na. Mama don live her life let her allow the couple to live in peace. I thst too much to ask.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
chii8:
Hmmm...the lady should have seen that attachment with the woman and the son during their courtship days,she can't separate a mother and her only son,she should start seeing the mother in law as her mother if she wants to last in that marriage.Because if it were to be the Lady's mother bringing food to the house, she won't be complaining, everyone would have been enjoying the free dish.

Someone is bringing free food and you're whining.
Please, his a man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by ambient: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2019
As i lazy reach i will thank mama with my whole heart,i will even remind her that her son is hungry.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Richy4(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
yazga:
She is not being possessive, it her duty as the wife to cook na. Mama don live her life let her allow the couple to live in peace. I thst too much to ask.

Haha.. The wife is insensitive. .. It was just a harmless gesture from the mother... He is just an only child.. she was trying to adjust to the fact that the home is empty.. Assuming she had other children and was doing that, trust me I would have ignored this thread..

I hope this will not be the case but I foresee an entitled couple that will take an advantage of the woman when the kids starts rolling out..

They will dump their kids @ her house and go on their various business.. She will be happy to look after them.. but the day she didn't, the daughter inlaw will feel she has altered her well planned business and there will be coldwar.. That's how some insensitive people act.. and the daughter inlaw already got the 'insensitive virus' smiley
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by Mizwisdom(f): 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
She can bring na but I won't eat out of it
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by egojeny1(f): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
If she brings the food once in a while no problem but bringing it everyday get as e be. Haba!
Re: Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently by yazga: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2019
y?
Mizwisdom:
She can bring na but I won't eat out of it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Spouse Matchmakers / Partner Sharing: I Borrowed My Friend's Husband For My Holiday / It Appears That My Husband Doesn't Want To Have Sex With Me After His Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.