Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre (15830 Views)

Adachukwu Chukelu Okafor ‘Inserts Hot Knife Into Housekeeper’s Private Part’ / Jamel Nwokoye: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Attempted Rape, Assault (Photo) / Nigerian Jailed For Raping Five Teenage Girls In The UK (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by WNRblog: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigerian man, 30, who took a knife into a Home Office immigration centre 'to stab people' was TRYING to get himself deported

*Oluwaleke Yisa is said to have been in UK seven years after losing his passport
*He wanted to be repatriated but felt his case 'wasn't be treated as a priority'
*The 30-year-old walked in London immigration centre with a knife in his bag
*He has now been jailed for eight week and told to speak to the Nigerian embassy

An illegal immigrant walked into a London immigration centre with a knife because he wanted to be deported, a court has heard.

Oluwaleke Yisa, a 30-year-old from Nigeria, told an immigration officer 'I want to leave this f*****g country' during an appointment at the Home Office's Becket House, Bermondsey, on 20 August.

A large kitchen knife was then found on him and he told an officer it was 'to stab people', Inner London Crown Court heard.

Lawyers have now claimed his alarming behaviour was a desperate attempt to be sent home after spending seven years in London and becoming homeless.

Yisa was today jailed for eight weeks and told to contact the Nigerian embassy while he is in prison.

Describing the events on last month, prosecutor Nicholas Mesure told the court: 'Mr Yisa left his bag behind as he went through security... nobody bothered to make sure the bag was searched.

'He went up to the counter and spoke to a member of staff. She asked him some of the standard questions, and he became very irritated and aggressive as the questions progressed.

'He then said things like "I want to leave this f*****g country".'

His bag was then searched and the knife found.

'He said he had the item to stab people, which was obviously of some concern. He told the police that he was homeless.

'He said he had been living in a church and had been thrown out of the church. He made it quite clear he did not want to be in the United Kingdom any longer.

'He hasn't been served deportation papers. I do not think immigration is treating him as a priority case.'

Yisa, of no fixed address, admitted possession of an offensive weapon.

Sentencing him to eight weeks in prison, Judge Donne told Yisa: 'Whilst I must punish you for possession of an offensive weapon, I entirely understand the circumstances in which you came to commit this offence.

'I do not really think you present a danger to anybody. This is an offence which passes the custodial threshold.'

'After release you will remain under supervision for another year, unless you leave this country before then.

'That is clearly what you want and it is what this country should want for you as well,' added the judge.

'I hope you are successful getting back to Nigeria. I strongly recommend you contact the Nigerian embassy, it will be able to assist you.'

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7456143/amp/Nigerian-man-took-knife-immigration-centre-deported.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
7 yrs in the UK without a home and now he wants to go back to 9ja at any cost....I can feel the suffering he must have gone through in his British eldorado. To the point where he is willing to do some madness to be deported back to Nigeria.

Kai!

43 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by xana101: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Where is airpeace

21 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by SamanthaDavis: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Sad
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by ekaette1621: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Igbokwenu grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by geokay777(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by franciscom: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
wish me happy birthday nairalanders

17 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Doesn’t add up
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by eikechukwu8(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
haaaaa

Meanwhile, is your laptop faulty, slow, non functioning or needs upgrade? Do you need I.T Support? dont worry call us, We gat you, for contact check my signature.
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by NaijaNaWaa: 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
Name checking from Mzansi land

5 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
Noted, nwanne wot were u thinking, entering a home of Uk immigration with a knife sad...... U get luck ooo if na here na shot at sight

7 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by dexcira(f): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
No place like home.
Check my signature for affordable Lagos land

1 Like

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by CHARLOE(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by handsomeyinka(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
He probably taught Buhari was no more the president..

My guy no know say financial heat wey dey naija pass hell fire..
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by penguinpikin: 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
wen ur village people are your fans

10 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by solmusdesigns: 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin

Na by force

Oga won come Nigeria, they were doing any how, they still use excuse to detain him for another 8 weeks.. same way foolish South African Government and Immigration stoped 100s of willing Nigerians from joining Airpeace in lieaving there xenophobic land for Nigeria, claiming one stupid documents

6 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by princedmiayer(m): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nawa oooh

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
ekaette1621:
Igbokwenu grin grin grin

[/b]Oluwaleke Yisa[b] is said to have been in UK seven years after losing his passport
*He wanted to be repatriated but felt his case 'wasn't be treated as a priority'
*The 30-year-old walked in London immigration centre with a knife in his bag
*He has now been jailed for eight week and told to speak to the Nigerian embassy

8 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by Sirseedorf(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Seven year in UK and you're still homeless and scouting in the church?

and you are happily and reluctantly wanted to come back to Nigeria.

Is this village people doing or a curse ?

MEHNNN YISA TORY WEAK ME O

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by TeamSimple(m): 5:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
xana101:
Where is airpeace
You no well o cheesy
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by Starz825(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
Na wa ooo.....some people wan japa ...one person wan come house by force...

But na him know where shoe dey pain am for leg....

I guess Uk isn't a good country compare to the north Americans in terms of hospitality

Sometimes except you are heavily loaded u don't get to know what await you in all this country wey person wan travel go sef
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by PeaceGord: 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
Freehuman:
An Afonja went to make money in the United Kingdom, it's been 7 years no money , no home. The young descendant of Oduduwa has to return to his brown roof territory with something, what is that thing he must return with? Something peculiar to their people- A human head in a black nylon bag.

The sophisticated boy departs with a kitchen knive to mine the head of an European which he believes will yield more returns .

Your very funny.
I agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by PeaceGord: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
Freehuman:
An Afonja went to make money in the United Kingdom, it's been 7 years no money , no home. The young descendant of Oduduwa has to return to his brown roof territory with something, what is that thing he must return with? Something peculiar to their people- A human head in a black nylon bag.

The sophisticated boy departs with a kitchen knive to mine the head of an European which he believes will yield more returns .

Again, are you sure you're not Nwamaikpe
Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by israelmao(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
But here a herd can freely and confidently carry AK47 around unmolested.

4 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by molybdenum0012: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Na waaa ooo.. While some people are doing fasting and prayer to leave the so called shitthole to be in the same country this guy is.

If someone is ready to stab just to return to the shit hole, does that mean the so called shithole is better than the U.K? Use your head.

But seriously let discuss. What are the factors that will make someone live in the U.K. And be homeless for 7 years?

Illegal immigrant? No job? bad economy?

2 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
He is not the first to have this kinda problem.

Ironically, some people would do anything to stay in the UK. Then again, life here can be very unkind if one do not Possess the nercerssary Documentations.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwaleke Yisa: Nigerian Jailed In UK For Taking Knife Into Immigration Centre by Destined2lead: 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
This wan think say na Mushin him dey

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FHQ Condemns Bolanle Raheem's Death - FPRO, Olumuyiwa Adejobi / Soldiers Arrest Criminals In Taraba State As Exercise Cat Race Ends - Pictures / Nigerian Student Accused Of Kidnapping Three Girls As Ghanaian Launch #bringback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.