Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Wickedness In Ebsu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wickedness In Ebsu (976 Views)

Final Year EBSU Student Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / Police Arrest EBSU Students Protesting A Month Power Outage (Photos) / Ogah Onwe Chinedu, EBSU Lecturer Accused Of Sexual Victimization (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wickedness In Ebsu by Kiriku101(m): 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2019
ACADEMIC WICKEDNESS IN EBSU

I have been trying to be tight-lipped about the aberrant happenings in the Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki, but my spirit could no longer bear it, because it has to do with what would mar the future of our unsuspecting youths. Solutions to many problems or ugly happenings have been made through our unbiased criticisms and activities here on the social media, hence this piece.

Following the academically disadvantaged condition of our young state, Ebonyi, in the years back, EBSU was founded in 1999 by the first executive governor of the state, Sen. Dr. Sam Ominyi Egwu. The varsity has helped in rewriting the history of Ebonyi people vis-à-vis education, and today, Ebonyi people are rated one of the most educated in the whole country, Nigeria.

Studies have revealed that Ebonyi people are the most intelligent and brilliant set of people in different institutions of learning across the country. When I was an undergraduate in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), I observed there, you dare not challenged any Ebonyi indigene in academics. They used to call us "nwa Abakaliki" but would later came to tap our knowledge and help them proffer panacea to intense academic problems. Ebonyi students in other federal and state universities are also on top, academically. Ebonyi guy could be hustling and training himself in school, yet performs excellently more than those who receive millions of naira from their parents each semester. The brain is natural!

My perturbation is that our people are the best students outside Ebonyi, but in EBSU, they witness poor performances, hence massive failures in examinations. The students rubbished in EBSU with oversized carryovers are Ebonyi youths, hence it could be hypothetically stated that 90% of the students are Ebonyi indigenes. One who graduated with third class in EBSU would make a second class upper in other varsities. Why?

What joy will a lecturer derive from massive failures? It has been discovered that most of the lecturers that often fail students massively have tabularasa brains, hence have nothing to offer. Majority of the EBSU lecturers are Ebonyians. Now, of what joy will it be for lecturers to be victimizing their brothers and sisters? The lecturers who indulge in this mephistophelean act should repent. There is a reward for every deed. They should know that the students they teach and cause to cry today could be their boss or superior tomorrow, hence anything is possible. No one knows tomorrow!

I don't want to talk about the high fees paid in the said institution. I wouldn't also wish to talk about paying money and sex to pass examinations and other academic crimes rocking the institution. My utmost concern is, to free our youths from academic bondages, occasioned by incessant and unholy massive carryovers. How can a student spend up to eight years in studying a four year course in EBSU? Very bad!

I'm a professionally trained teacher, and I have taught in various secondary school within the southeastern part of the country. I learnt that if there are massive failures, it means the teacher or lecturer didn't teach well. I'm not saying that all the EBSU students should be scaling through. No! Those with academic imbecility (extremely poor students) should fail woefully, while those who deserve to pass, should be passed unconditionally.

It pains me when brilliant students have extra years in the university because of the wickedness of some lecturers. In EBSU, extra year attracts extra school fees. But nothing like school fees for extra years in UNN and many other higher institutions. Imagine a penurious student who starved and suffered to pay normal school fees going to source for extra year school fees! Most of them usually give up as the money to grapple with the challenge is not there, and of course, one's future has been marred. That's how we get school dropouts frequently.

Hear this:

In EBSU, sixty Students in 500 level in the department of Food and Science Technology (FST) were given "F" in their first semester examinations. There are also, reported cases of missing scripts and oversized "F" in 400 level Political Science students. In Law faculty, 500 level, many got "F" which made them threatened burning the faculty complex.
In Sociology, more than 80 students who were supposed to graduate last year are still writing extra year examinations. In fact, let me stop here. I don't want to say it all.

In view of the above, I call on the state Governor, the Chancellor, Pro-Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and other concerned authorities to intervene in order to revive our only state university and help the future of our youths which will go a long way to ameliorate our dear state, Ebonyi.

Anyi ario gi biko Dinwenu, Dinwenu anyi nuru aririo anyi!

Comrade Polycarp Obinna Alegu wrote.
Re: Wickedness In Ebsu by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
Kiriku101:
ACADEMIC WICKEDNESS IN EBSU

I have been trying to be tight-lipped about the aberrant happenings in the Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki, but my spirit could no longer bear it, because it has to do with what would mar the future of our unsuspecting youths. Solutions to many problems or ugly happenings have been made through our unbiased criticisms and activities here on the social media, hence this piece.

Following the academically disadvantaged condition of our young state, Ebonyi, in the years back, EBSU was founded in 1999 by the first executive governor of the state, Sen. Dr. Sam Ominyi Egwu. The varsity has helped in rewriting the history of Ebonyi people vis-à-vis education, and today, Ebonyi people are rated one of the most educated in the whole country, Nigeria.

Studies have revealed that Ebonyi people are the most intelligent and brilliant set of people in different institutions of learning across the country. When I was an undergraduate in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), I observed there, you dare not challenged any Ebonyi indigene in academics. They used to call us "nwa Abakaliki" but would later came to tap our knowledge and help them proffer panacea to intense academic problems. Ebonyi students in other federal and state universities are also on top, academically. Ebonyi guy could be hustling and training himself in school, yet performs excellently more than those who receive millions of naira from their parents each semester. The brain is natural!

My perturbation is that our people are the best students outside Ebonyi, but in EBSU, they witness poor performances, hence massive failures in examinations. The students rubbished in EBSU with oversized carryovers are Ebonyi youths, hence it could be hypothetically stated that 90% of the students are Ebonyi indigenes. One who graduated with third class in EBSU would make a second class upper in other varsities. Why?

What joy will a lecturer derive from massive failures? It has been discovered that most of the lecturers that often fail students massively have tabularasa brains, hence have nothing to offer. Majority of the EBSU lecturers are Ebonyians. Now, of what joy will it be for lecturers to be victimizing their brothers and sisters? The lecturers who indulge in this mephistophelean act should repent. There is a reward for every deed. They should know that the students they teach and cause to cry today could be their boss or superior tomorrow, hence anything is possible. No one knows tomorrow!

I don't want to talk about the high fees paid in the said institution. I wouldn't also wish to talk about paying money and sex to pass examinations and other academic crimes rocking the institution. My utmost concern is, to free our youths from academic bondages, occasioned by incessant and unholy massive carryovers. How can a student spend up to eight years in studying a four year course in EBSU? Very bad!

I'm a professionally trained teacher, and I have taught in various secondary school within the southeastern part of the country. I learnt that if there are massive failures, it means the teacher or lecturer didn't teach well. I'm not saying that all the EBSU students should be scaling through. No! Those with academic imbecility (extremely poor students) should fail woefully, while those who deserve to pass, should be passed unconditionally.

It pains me when brilliant students have extra years in the university because of the wickedness of some lecturers. In EBSU, extra year attracts extra school fees. But nothing like school fees for extra years in UNN and many other higher institutions. Imagine a penurious student who starved and suffered to pay normal school fees going to source for extra year school fees! Most of them usually give up as the money to grapple with the challenge is not there, and of course, one's future has been marred. That's how we get school dropouts frequently.

Hear this:

In EBSU, sixty Students in 500 level in the department of Food and Science Technology (FST) were given "F" in their first semester examinations. There are also, reported cases of missing scripts and oversized "F" in 400 level Political Science students. In Law faculty, 500 level, many got "F" which made them threatened burning the faculty complex.
In Sociology, more than 80 students who were supposed to graduate last year are still writing extra year examinations. In fact, let me stop here. I don't want to say it all.

In view of the above, I call on the state Governor, the Chancellor, Pro-Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and other concerned authorities to intervene in order to revive our only state university and help the future of our youths which will go a long way to ameliorate our dear state, Ebonyi.

Anyi ario gi biko Dinwenu, Dinwenu anyi nuru aririo anyi!

Comrade Polycarp Obinna Alegu wrote.

@ Bold, can you please cite the authority for this claim? I want to know more about this.
Re: Wickedness In Ebsu by Sammarshall(f): 12:57am On Jan 16, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

@ Bold, can you please cite the authority for this claim? I want to know more about this.

Thanks Op for taking your time to itemize all this. EBSU is my alma mater and to be honest with you, I regretted even concealing the idea to go to the school, but I still give God the glory.

EBSU is one of the worst worst state university in the East. Wicked and heartless lecturers. Chinedu Ogah, he will never die in peace.
God will judge him for ruining a lot of both young girls and boys in the university.

I pray he doesn’t ever have peace.

I thank God for saving me from that rat hole called higher institution, where uneducated people are hired because they’re an indigene to lecture what they don’t know, they will be following student with greediness.

If a student wear Nice cloth is a problem, the lecturers will be trying to compete with student. If they get angry they will fail you.

The likes of Chinedu Ogah will be bold telling you that he want to have sex with you and when you say no, he will tell you that as long as he’s in the University, you will never graduate and he will make sure of that!

That’s not to say that good lecturers are not found in the university, of course there are some and God will continue to bless them but they’re very handful.
Prof. Mgbada
Dr Uche Jacob
Mr Ugo ( we call him Ororo in HIR)
Re: Wickedness In Ebsu by pizzle123(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
Pls help me,a brother of my was given admission on jamb site but the sch is yet to give him admission....how can we resolve this...should he go to school

(1) (Reply)

There Are Four Types Of Men In Nigeria / Akeredolu Commissions Projects Abandoned For 8years In OAUSTECH (photos) / Mr Shape Mathematics Give Away Tuesday August 18th By 8:30pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.