Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B (2597 Views)

My 14-Year-Old Daughter Was Caught In Hotel With Boys, Smoking, Drinking / Dad Catches 12-Year-Old Daughter Having Sex, Beats Her Mercilessly / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by bugativeron: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2019
I am a father of two children. My children are addicted to two things, my son is addicted to watching English league even though he can't play soccer, but the one that disturb me most is my daughter addiction to cardi b. If you want to see her rage, just say something negative about Cardi b and she will talk none stop about her and castigate every other artiste such as Nicky minaj that she feels are against cardi b.
They both don't have access to social media, but my daughter access you tube once in a while when ever my phone WiFi is on.
This morning during family worship we spoke about Malawi and she said she had never heard of the country name before, so I and her mother started harassing her that she will never listen to news but entertainment. In annoyance I said if it is cardi b now she will know, and her mother ask her when kulture cardi b daughter was born, guess what my daughter knows the date, the day and time.
There I gave up. What do I do? The passion with which she follows cardi b sometimes is draining, she believes she is from the lower ladder of the social economy and she made it against all odds.

3 Likes

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by NwaAmaikpe: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2019
shocked

Individuals have unique fingerprints, they also have different interests.
You're lucky hers is Cardi B and not Mia Khalifa.

As a parent you should take it as a gift.
Michael Jackson, Kylian Mbappe, Tiger Woods, Serena/Venus Williams and Lil Bow Wow's parents took advantage of this same complaint of yours.

She's pointing you to the area of life she will effortlessly excel in.
Besides; Nigeria needs a quick and better replacement to Weird Mc, Sasha P, Muna and Mo'chedda.
Help her forge a career in rap.
Not everyone will be professors, doctors or lawyers.

Errrrhm.
But, how does your wife know that Cardi B's daughter's name is Kulture?
You may just be accusing the wrong person of obsession only because she is more vocal about it.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by JasonScoolari: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2019
You better try and caution them.

The electronic media always have some impact in our daily lives whether you're young or old.

Who knows, your son might just decide to give Bet9ja or Betway a chance due to their numerous adverts on match day live and from there, he'll start removing N100 from your pocket to place bet.

While your daughter on the other hand might just end up like one Tacha in the Big brother house whose brain is just channeled to nudity, rude behavior, Oloshoism and foul language she copied from wherever.

Remember, you spare the ROD, you spoil the CHILD.

This is Nigeria and not CANADA.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by omobs(m): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2019
I have nothing to say here, but anything NwaAmaikpe says is correct. Your daughter might just be the next queen of rap, groom her talent well and teach her how to twerk.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by CAPSLOCKED: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2019
SOME ADULTS' LIVES REVOLVE AROUND FOOTBALL AND TELEMUNDO TOO.

CURRENTLY, WE HAVE ADULTS FIGHTING OVER WORTHLESS BBNAIJA, TASHA, MESSI VS RONALDO, AND "IPIGS VS EWEDU".
YOUR DAUGHTER'S CASE IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER THAN THAT OF THESE SO CALLED ADULTS.

YOUR KIDS ARE STILL TRYING TO GROW, WITH TIME THEY WILL EMBRACE WHAT THEY SHOULD, AND ABANDON ANYTHING WITHOUT WORTH. DO NOT RUSH THEM.

FOR NOW, JUST LET THEM BE CHILDREN.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2019
I'm even more surprised you know who Kulture is OP

1 Like

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by bugativeron: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
SOME ADULTS' LIVES REVOLVE AROUND FOOTBALL AND TELEMUNDO TOO.

CURRENTLY, WE HAVE ADULTS FIGHTING OVER WORTHLESS BBNAIJA, TASHA, MESSI VS RONALDO, AND "IPIGS VS EWEDU".
YOUR DAUGHTER'S CASE IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER THAN THAT OF THESE SO CALLED ADULTS.

YOUR KIDS ARE STILL TRYING TO GROW, WITH TIME THEY WILL EMBRACE WHAT THEY SHOULD, AND ABANDON ANYTHING WITHOUT WORTH. DO NOT RUSH THEM.

FOR NOW, JUST LET THEM BE CHILDREN.
Got you. Will try to ignore it while pointing out the danger to her. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by bugativeron: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Michael Jackson, Kylian Mbappe, Tiger Woods, Serena/Venus Williams and Lil Bow Wow's parents took advantage of this same complaint of yours.

Besides; Nigeria needs a quick and better replacement to Weird Mc, Sasha P, Muna and Mo'chedda.

Errrrhm.
You may just be accusing the wrong person of obsession only because she is more vocal about it.

Thanks for your observation. I will check this out

1 Like

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by tillaman(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2019
She’s just being a child, with time when school stress sets and loads of assignment/practicals or projects sets in she will let go!! When I was younger I was so obsessed with Ronaldinho then, I played soccer and I always fight for his jersey number but when I got to the UNI and reality starts setting I didn’t even remember Ronaldinho and right now I am not a footballer, I am a farmer grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Rosarie(f): 11:58am On Sep 15, 2019
Anything u have no control over,u are a slave to that ,cardi b was a stripper,speak to ur wife.
Control what ur daughter watches.stop anything cardi b and replace them with other educative stuff.speak to her about cardi B's lifestyle.
If not soon it will be nude pics u will see her upload.

3 Likes

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by ogawisdom(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
The media projects the wrongs things for our children to copy I fear for future generations. Think of big brother Nigeria where nudity is celebrated and heavily rewarded. It's all about coping our useless celebrities n their immoral life style. They are the ones the media project n use as models. We now have slay mamas Instead of mother's, u see mother n daughter taking pictures on revealing clothes n sharing on social media.

Morally bankrupted generation n it can only get worse with unregulated social media space. It doesn't matter how money is made anymore just make it angry
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by missjo(f): 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
Cardi bom bom baecheesy
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by 24kmagic: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
This is hilarious.

Children of nowadays
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by shege45: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
Calm bro
She would get over it
Its a normal thing fot girls to be like that
She loving cardi b doesn’t stop her from learning other things. She just doesn’t want to learn
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by chigoziri2403(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2019
You should not be surprised, it's in the blood, her mum knows kulture, she knows cardi B
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by bukatyne(f): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
bugativeron:
I am a father of two children. My children are addicted to two things, my son is addicted to watching English league even though he can't play soccer, but the one that disturb me most is my daughter addiction to cardi b. If you want to see her rage, just say something negative about Cardi b and she will talk none stop about her and castigate every other artiste such as Nicky minaj that she feels are against cardi b.
They both don't have access to social media, but my daughter access you tube once in a while when ever my phone WiFi is on.
This morning during family worship we spoke about Malawi and she said she had never heard of the country name before, so I and her mother started harassing her that she will never listen to news but entertainment. In annoyance I said if it is cardi b now she will know, and her mother ask her when kulture cardi b daughter was born, guess what my daughter knows the date, the day and time.
There I gave up. What do I do? The passion with which she follows cardi b sometimes is draining, she believes she is from the lower ladder of the social economy and she made it against all odds.

Dear father,

What do you want for your kids?

Start shaping them into it. Though late, all hope is not lost.

Your complaints alone cannot achieve anuth3.
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by sisisioge: 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Teenagers are known to have one celebrity hero or the other. She will outgrow her. Meanwhile, encourage her to read more to learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by generationz(f): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
grin
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by ekitimanalways(m): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
tillaman:
She’s just being a child, with time when school stress sets and loads of assignment/practicals or projects sets in she will let go!! When I was younger I was so obsessed with Ronaldinho then, I played soccer and I always fight for his jersey number but when I got to the UNI and reality starts setting[b] I didn’t even remember Ronaldinho and right now I am not a footballer, I am a farmer[/b] grin
cheesy
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by yvesboss(m): 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Errrrhm.

Nailed it
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Themarkethere: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2019
Try to be careful with your words with her when you are angry, if it is you who ask about Cardi B next time, she would say she doesn't know.

Your son's addiction should also be checked, at this stage they are bored by a lot of things so if you don't engage them on time with things that interest them, when they find one they become hooked on it. This means you have to scout for other interesting things that also catches their fancy to share the time and energy given to their addictions and possibly distract them.

Firstly, I hope your wife doesn't watch entertainment too much as well. Find out her close friends, they may also be hooked on entertainment news mainly and it possibly takes 90percent of their conversation.

You can start to diversify her channels, when watching TV together, you can see some entertainment news not about CardiB to get glued to the same TV with you, after a while switch to news or something more educating yet entertaining and stay longer. While at it try not to comment, trust me they HATE it when parents make comments like what did you learn? what happened in a scene you both watch, interpretating characters or comparing them to their time etc you can watch their reactions with side eyes. Engage them in entertaining books reading, sports like basket ball, swimming etc allow them have their friends over so that you can spot and fish out negative influencing ones, you can also do this through your wife who can ask question about her friends and what they talk about.

More importantly, find out their primary love language and use it often. Build their self esteem with words, books. Children with esteem issues easily fall into the path that leads to addiction.
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by genq(m): 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's the difference between the two? both sold their pussay for a bag - only one got filmed doing it.

4 Likes

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
Her outrage when anyone says anything negative about Cardi B, and her castigating Nicki Minaj means her fanaticism for Cardi B is an obsession, which isn't healthy. That said, it can be replaced it w| healthier ones and it starts in the home.
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Houseofglam7(f): 2:20am On Sep 16, 2019
This is just hilarious cheesy
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by bugativeron: 6:28am On Sep 16, 2019
Themarkethere:
Try to be careful with your words with her when you are angry, if it is you who ask about Cardi B next time, she would say she doesn't know.

Your son's addiction should also be checked, at this stage they are bored by a lot of things so if you don't engage them on time with things that interest them, when they find one they become hooked on it. This means you have to scout for other interesting things that also catches their fancy to share the time and energy given to their addictions and possibly distract them.

Firstly, I hope your wife doesn't watch entertainment too much as well. Find out her close friends, they may also be hooked on entertainment news mainly and it possibly takes 90percent of their conversation.

You can start to diversify her channels, when watching TV together, you can see some entertainment news not about CardiB to get glued to the same TV with you, after a while switch to news or something more educating yet entertaining and stay longer. While at it try not to comment, trust me they HATE it when parents make comments like what did you learn? what happened in a scene you both watch, interpretating characters or comparing them to their time etc you can watch their reactions with side eyes. Engage them in entertaining books reading, sports like basket ball, swimming etc allow them have their friends over so that you can spot and fish out negative influencing ones, you can also do this through your wife who can ask question about her friends and what they talk about.

More importantly, find out their primary love language and use it often. Build their self esteem with words, books. Children with esteem issues easily fall into the path that leads to addiction.

This is wonderful, thanks for the insight and nugget sharing. Regards
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by bugativeron: 6:29am On Sep 16, 2019
theButterfly:
Her becoming outraged when anyone says anything negative about Cardi B, and her castigating Nicki Minaj means her fanaticism for Cardi B is an obsession, which isn't healthy.

Hmmmmm
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by yeyeosoronga: 7:13am On Sep 16, 2019
She will outgrow it...
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by mrdharkchild(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2019
These days, parents buy phones for their little kids, dress their female kids like grown ups.. all in the guise of living the good life. Most especially, they pamper them alot. I just laugh d gruesome pain they'd be in when they see what they r rearing. Kids are fast learners, so be careful what you teach them. I got full access to a phone when I was in my 100level. U may choose to quote me wrong, say I was brought up in poverty, less privileged...once things happen too fast in someone's life, it clearly signifies how fast the person is close to demise. That's why most kids venture into drugs and sex at an early age, when they can't keep up to the peer pressure and most times commit suicide before they clock 20. Many people will be pained by this and would want to dispute the fact, to liberate yourself and justify your actions, but deep down they know I'm right. Trust me, you ain't saving your child by pampering them, you are only rearing a time-bomb whose timers can never be reversed, and you'd be tortured by your kids and your mind, you'd lose your mind. U can punish me for today, but I promise and know you'd cry physical and hearful tears in the far future. Beat your child with your left hand clearly stating y you r beating her, then tell her sorry with the right hand( best way to pamper your child). A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Themarkethere: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2019
bugativeron:

This is wonderful, thanks for the insight and nugget sharing. Regards
You are welcome. I forgot to add start introducing them to adult responsibilities. They enjoy it when you or wife allow them be in charge occasionally, it makes them feel respected, like the adult they think they now are, what you will gain here is that with time they will become responsible because they are already taking responsibility. It should be introduced occasionally till they master it not full responsibility. Let them be incharge of the devotion, plan, cook and serve meals, do for the younger ones somethings your you or your wife do for the younger ones or how you run somethings in the house, try not to be judgemental when they don't do it perfectly, but guide and encourage, trust me they will become better. Also start with things that won't cause you too much heartache if they don't do it well.

Let them learn new languages, skills, if your son is older take to driving school. When you buy the kind of books I mentioned in my last comment, let them review it for you in writing and orally. I wish you grace with grooming these funny beings.
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Mizwisdom(f): 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by bujebudanu1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
Funny comments grin
Re: Help My 13year Old Daughter Life Revolves Around Cardi B by Ybaby: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
Where there is darkness, all you need is to switch on the light.

Light = (knowledge) Books

I love Cardi B she is talented and ambitious but I am older and can better navigate the waters - your daughter may not be able to - the only way to shift her thinking is through

Audiobooks
Podcast
Enid Blyton
Fairy tale books
Interesting money books

Give her a new role model..... gradually o and not by cane or you will harden her and she will hide things from you.
Rememeber sofly sofly catch monkey

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage, Money And Happiness! / Ongoing Female Onslaught Everywhere... Hian Old Women! / Adichie Argues, "We Should All Be A Feminists"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.