Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria (42557 Views)

Ighalo Hints At U-turn On His International Retirement After A Cryptic Tweet / Tammy Abraham Tells England FA He Remains Available For Selection / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Updatebaze(m): 11:46am On Sep 16, 2019
In-form Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham has given Super Eagles a major boost by refusing to rule out switching his allegiance to Nigeria.

The 21-year-old who was born in the UK to Nigerian parents is currently the joint-leading scorer with Sergio Aguero in the Premier League, So far, the pair have seven goals each.

Despite representing England at Under 18, Under 19 and Under 21 levels Tammy is still eligible to play for the three-time African champions, through his Nigerian parents.

Speaking on the situation, Abraham told Goal: ‘Yes, I have heard the talk. I have not really been focused on that yet.

‘I think when the time comes, the times comes. It is about focusing on Chelsea and hopefully scoring goals and getting victories.

‘We never know. You can never say never, whatever comes first really. I just have to keep full focus on Chelsea.

Source: https://updatebaze.com/2019/09/16/never-say-never-in-form-chelsea-striker-tammy-abraham-hints-at-switching-allegiance-to-nigeria/

5 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by uchaymart(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
Because you know harry Kane has 10 years more to play for the team.
Please stay there

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by superlanny(m): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
Tammay Abraham had better choose naija, or eles the bench e go chop for england!!! Kane will always be num 1, even vardy that is on form, will queue behind. Goodluck to him.

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by GloShare(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
Boy dont try it. Focus on Chelsea for now.

You dont want to be owed your pay.

25 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by SammieLowkey(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
Mheeeen. Why overflogging this issue.. The matter is getting boring already

My guy your life, your career.. Do what's best for you abeg undecided

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
NFF pursuing this guy because he plays for Chelsea. Because of his experience? Oh experience indeed. We don't have sense in this country, I swear. angry He'll be a fool to choose a shiiithole country like Nigeria over England.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
Every evil spirit from the village calling this boy to come back to the Hell called Nigeria. I BIND YOU cry

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by jovialswag(m): 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
You better switch

Kane-Vardy- Rashford see your contenders

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by DonXavi(m): 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
He should not even think it twice. Upon all his victories in the UK he still faces racism. He should come and play for his mother land where he can feel belonged

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by koxi: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
That guy ain't going no where...!
He's sticking with England....not with this backward entity called Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by mhktaryan: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
You beta hurry, ogbef
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by jagabanlewis(m): 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
Beta play fr nigeria oh.....dose British pple go pick deir useless players over u any day anytime

5 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by festacman(m): 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
It is not rocket science.

His first priority now will be to use his current form for Chelsea FC to boost his worth as a striker.

His second priority will be to study the current Three Lions to see if he has a chance of displacing any of Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling and Marcus Rashford for first team place. Given the age and experience of these players, it might be difficult to break in. And once he shows up for England, then he has sealed international football fate.

His third priority will be to play for Nigeria where he is most likely to give Victor Osinhem, Paul Onuachu and Henry Onyekuru a run for their money.

However, the truth is that where he decides to pitch his international tent is completely his headache. With or without Tammy Abraham, Super Eagles will continue to fly high.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
Dont try it, join the english team and win the next world cup

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by salford1: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
They should be begging to play for Eagles and not the other way round.

9 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by BlessedNuel: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ok....I will advice him to stick to England Abeg..... NFF fit frustrate him career oooh.
I wish him all the Best .

If yOu need Original Pure Honey call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below

4 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by tillaman(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
You better play for England if you want to be successful as far as football is concerned, you are still young please don’t be reckless don’t make that stupid decision don’t even consider it at all, stay in England

4 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by cenaman(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
quarter season wonder abeg we no want u.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by TheAngry1: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Dfisherman: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
bro naija na sure odd for u, or else na to dey chop bench for english team tayer

7 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by badinfluence: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Dont try it, join the english team and win the next world cup
Who does he want to displace in that English team biko??

2 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by TheExecutioner: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by FuckDaMods: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nigeria should just forget this player.. His current form won't last.
He is not that good and we have enough players already.

14 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Teewhy2: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Them no dey tell person, if he choose england after 2-3 years he might be abandon but here in Nigeria he becomes instant celebrities and major brands will be looking to do busy with him if he keeps up the form.

6 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by campusblack10(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Baba for a start focus on your chelsea career first! Wait for 2seasons before you know what up, you just inform not yet formidable

13 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by lyriclekidd(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Naso boy
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Crazeworld(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Alaaye you are welcome

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Chanchit: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
If he prefers to play for England, I wish him good luck. Cos we don't really need him here. But if he get sense, he can come. Though, I think he made that statement to make England call him quick.

3 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Sunofgod(m): 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Threatsl
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by bonnie31: 1:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
h

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Seven (7) Greatest Goalkeepers Of All Time / Qatar Vs Ecuador: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 2) On 20th November 2022 / Kelechi Iheanacho Undergoes Medical At Leicester City (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.