Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen (19096 Views)

A Walk With The Devil 2 / The Devil In The Suit / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Present
Jonathan held Lasagba, the family idol he stole 138 years ago, the idol that has brought torment to his soul, he dropped it on the table before him and stared at it. He relaxed his back still staring at the idol, deep in thought.
Clara entered into Jonathan's private section in Hub and Hub and met him in deep thought, very very he didn't notice her presence. She stood by the entrance and studied Jonathan as he stared at the idol. She gently placed a knock on the door and got his attention.
"How long have you been there? " Jonathan asked and held the idol.
"Long enough to know you're somehow connected to that idol, it's ancient " Clara said and sat beside him.
Jonathan smiled and adjusted himself, to make space for Clara
"This idol, is the reason I am this, I've died thousand times to lay my hands on this and retrace my life, but all is not going as expected " Jonathan said and dropped it on the table
"Nothing matters to the devil as long as he uses you"
Clara smiled and places her hands on Jonathan's lap.
"Let's try another way"
"The only solution is what I'm working on, I made a deal with the Judecca Elders, once I return Judas back to hell, they promises to redeem me and lift my curse" Jonathan said and held Clara's hand.
For a while they both went into silence, staring at each other deeply in the eyes, somehow Clara felt connected to him, like she was only half of herself and Jonathan made her whole. She calmly leaned forward and placed her head on his Laos feeling very comfortable.
Jonathan's eye flashed white, he strained and closed his eyes as his wings suddenly sprout out, he held Clara by the waist and elevated them into the air, with both their body glowing white.
CIRCLE OF ELDERS
"The boy, Jonathan, that girl with him, is bringing out the angel of light within him, and gradually Lasagba is dying " an elder said angrily, moving his skull around as it went up I'm Flame.
"Calm, Soul Breaker, he does not know yet, he is ignorant "
"But not for long" Soul Breaker shouted angrily.
"What is your suggestion? "
"Kill the girl, Jonathan is a far more precious instrument to us and we can't let him go" Soul Breaker said and sat down.

Enchantress spread the silver coins with her on the table and ran her palm across it, with some odd words, each silver coins went up in flame and looked much more shiny.
"Done, it's time to crawl out of you hole" She said and returned the coins into her waist bag.
Jonathan stood up naked, with his wings flapping softly, he flexed his muscles and knelt down before Clara. He giggled and planted a deep kiss on her lips and gently pushed her on the bed.

Tbc

2 Likes

Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 7:05am On Nov 05, 2019
Support Project 00Prime and win a prize
Help review our story blog and help us make it better

https://iuprime..com/2019/11/we-need-your-opinion.html

Thanks.

Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 7:55am On Nov 05, 2019
Enchantress and Jonathan stood on the rooftop of the club building watching as people went in and out, she brought out a silver coin from her pocket and suspended it in the air, they both watched as the coin glittered and spanked around.
"Are you sure he'll come? " Jonathan asked already feeling tired of waiting.
"He is here already " She said and opened the hatch and quickly climbed down the ladder. Get into the club, Enchantress moved around through crowd, looking at the coins as a means of direction. She giggled and grabbed someone by the collar from behind and gave him and headbutt, instantly making him almost unconscious.
Jonathan locked the door and bolted it, bending the key in the keyhole so it won't be able to function.
"You've looked more handsome than the last time I saw you" the man said to Jonathan and giggled while laying on the floor.
"One way or the other, you're going back to hell, Judas" Enchantress said and quickly began drawing a triangle on the ground.
"Wait " Judas said and picked himself up then pointed to Jonathan's face "You have a cut on your face, and also on your chest " He said and took a step forward
Jonathan looked at his chest and made a look as blood oozed from it, then he trialed a finger on his face.
"You finally found your connection, I didn't come for the coins, that'll be silly, what did the elders promise you, a free life, well they lied, you're their puppet, the only freedom you have is the girl and trust me, she's far gone from earth" Judas said and looked at Enchantress
"You know better, Cleopatra, tell him what the elders did to you in hell" Judas said again
Jonathan angrily kicked the door, sending the roughly off it's frame and dashed to his private room, only to see blood stain on the ground, and a huge black mark on the wall.
Judas and Enchantress ran in seeing the room in disorder.
"She carries your seed, double up game for the elders " Judas said and sniffed around the room and placed his hand on the black mark on the wall.
"I swear, if anything happens to her, hell will let loose" Jonathan said and flashed his eyes red. "The elders have made the biggest mistake, I'll be the worst thing they have ever come across "
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by purples25(f): 12:47am On Nov 06, 2019
Speechless, over this story. You've really worked hard on it. I like the animation pic you showed earlier, thats nice. And the romance part of it makes sense. Altogether, i think this is all coming to an end soon. Its very interesting, well done OP.
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Bobosneh: 4:39am On Nov 06, 2019
dem dey fight for heaven he no concern earth but this na dem dey fight for earth dem go hear am for hell. thank op this is just getting hotter and hotter
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Ann2012(f): 9:53am On Nov 06, 2019
Jonathan was tricked, I just pray nothing happens to Clara
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
Chapter 13
Jonathan paced round his room, as both Enchantress and Judas sat down on the chair looking at him with a clueless expression. They all stood alerted as a knock cane at the door and instantly cane open revealing Angel walking in.
"You" Angel grumbled and pointed a finger at him, ignoring Enchantress and Judas
Jonathan stood speechless and looked at her blankly.
"No call, no checkup nothing nothing " She grumbled again and pushed him on the chest.
"Won't you answer, fine, heartless human"
Enchantress angrily stoodup in an attempt to use her powers only to feel empty, she grunted and bit her lower lips.
"It won't work, we are all vulnerable when she is around the vicinity " Jonathan said and walked out.
Judas giggled and stood up and patted Enchantress on the shoulder.
Angel became much more confused, almost feeling stupid, how could he have ignored her just like that and what is all about not being able to use powers with her around.
"Fine, another one I thought I already had" She said and grabbed the liquor bottle on the table.
CIRCLE OF ELDERS
Clara's body laid on a huge rectangular alter, which had huge red candles on all four edges and guiding the alter was three huge anaconda looking vicious with red glowing eyes and rough scales like iron on them, their breath bringing out thick smokes and their hisses bringing out lava like spits.
Clara slowly opened her eyes and grunted as she felt sharp pain in her forehead, she looked at the huge demonic drawing and sculptures on the wall, she looked sideways and saw the huge snakes coiling round the alter.
"Jonathan" She said slowly and coiled herself up on the alter in total fear. The huge gate that lead to where she was held captive opened and from it came three elders with flaming skull, dressed in overall dark attire and a staff on their hand.
"This is her" An elder said and hissed calmly.
"Yes, her, we should have killed her rather than bringing her here " Another said angrily
"Micheal stopped us, both we were only lucky to bring her here " A dwarf said and cane out from the dark corner of the hall.
"Jonathan is cursed why does Micheal take interest in him? "
"Please let me go" Clara shouted and busted into tears sobbing as the snakes coiled around her, causing bruises on her fair skin.
PAST
137 YEARS AGO
Jonathan watched as three cars parked before him and walked to the one in the middle having tinted glasses and entered into the back door.
"The idol" Jonathan said to the pot bellied man he worked for
"Calm, Jonny, our business is not done yet, I have the idol, I know you can feel it, but I still need you to clear my name from a dirty record"
Jonathan got more frustrated and banged his hand on the car, shattering all the glasses.
The man gasped in fear and immediately calmed himself maintaining the position of the alpha male.
"You have no choice, tomorrow I need you to kill the local government chairman, make it untraceable back to me, don't let fingers point at me " the man said as tapped the driver.
"Get down "
Jonathan smiled and looked at the man with his glowing eyes.
"After this, any other job without that idol, I promise to end your entire family, it cost me nothing" Jonathan said and alighted.
Jonathan sat in a meditating position and began saying silent prayers, out of thine air a white portal opened before him, a man dressed in full with robe, having a sword hanging on his back came out.
"In hundred years, this is the second time, you're calling me" the man said to Jonathan.
"Micheal, I need your help "
"I know, but Jonathan, higher angels can't help, neither the lower, you haven't found redemption "
Jonathan opened his mouth agape and stood up.
"Please Michael, because of finding redemption I took on the journalist job, to help the less privilege " Jonathan said in tears.
"What better way, my entire saving I donated to churches, I have more than twenty charity home I donate too, every month I bring out more than ten individuals out of poverty, what else do God want for my soul to be redeemed " Jonathan said and knelt down before Michael
"Stand up Jonathan, all you've mentioned is not enough, but may his spirit lead you" Michael said and disappeared

2 Likes

Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by germaphobe(m): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
ok here we go again with more suprises from you, angel not just any but an arch helping lagbaja. Ok lets watch and pray for clara shaa
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Kindoo: 10:01am On Nov 08, 2019
Read a story, Tell a story. Wurastories.com.ng
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by PrincessGift(f): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Abeg people way don read this novel biko summarize it for us ...thanks undecided

1 Like

Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 10:44am On Nov 09, 2019
Clara was tightly strapped to a stake facing , below her was an active volcano, which had a huge creature, having the head of a snake and the body of a lion, tightly chained inside the volcano, the creature screeched loudly in annoyance, waiting for Clara to be let down into its mouth, which was all filled with deadly fangs, which could break down an entire building.
Clara let out a loud scream and began to cry profusely, she looked behind and saw the Elders standing distance away, all having a deadly stare at her.
"The lord is my shepherd" Clara said and closed her eyes tightly, and sniffed, and summoned all the courage and faith she could access.
"I shall not want, for he shall guide me and shield me "
She said and calmed her mind.
"Thousands shall fall on my right and ten thousands by my left"
A loud horrible screech came from every corner as Clara mumbled those words.
"Let her in" An elder shouted.
The chain that held Clara suddenly broke loose and instantly She fell down into the volcano, going down into the mouth of the beast.
"I lay down my life as a sacrifice for Jonathan, may he be free from his curse" Clara said with tears in her face and fell into the mouth of the creature.
The beast gave a loud noise and dived into the volcano.
"It's done, now let's deal with Jonathan"
Jonathan felt heat within himself and feel to the ground, his body began to wriggle, he slowly began to shrink, as grey hair formed on his head, his eyes closed together, his appearance making up for his past 138 years of immortality.
Enchantress eyes went up in tears, seeing Jonathan laying dead finally.
"This is not the redemption he wanted" She said and knelt down before the tiny body frame on the ground, almost shrinked into skeleton.
"This is not the life he wanted, the angels lied to him, leviathan lied to him, the elders deceived him".
A bright light shone before Enchantress and the body before her rised up in the air and mixed with the light. Jonathan came out from the light unclad ,with gold wings on his back, looking totally different.
"You're redeemed " Enchantress said as the light faded.
"She sacrificed herself, the elders should prepare for my coming, I'll shake hell, the remnant will fall on earth"

The end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by germaphobe(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
clara my flower
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by sunkoye: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
End bawo....
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by jenifer007: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
Devilpen wonderful story.....I voted for your work in the ongoing Nairaland literature award.... Keep it up
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
jenifer007:
Devilpen wonderful story.....I voted for your work in the ongoing Nairaland literature award.... Keep it up
thank you ma, I really appreciate ☺
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Jayslyder: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2019
I couldn't help but notice the subdued similarly with the movie series LUCIFER.
Any way great twist of characters.. But at the end of the day it's still the same Storyline with the movie
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by tunjilee003: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
Nice one devilpen but you decide to kill Clara, i hope there is going to be a part two.
Thumb up...
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 1:09am On Nov 13, 2019
tunjilee003:
Nice one devilpen but you decide to kill Clara, i hope there is going to be a part two.
Thumb up...
an intro to the new part is in the new one I'm writing POWER OVERLOAD
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by Devilpen(m): 1:10am On Nov 13, 2019
Jayslyder:
I couldn't help but notice the subdued similarly with the movie series LUCIFER.
Any way great twist of characters.. But at the end of the day it's still the same Storyline with the movie
theriously
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by purples25(f): 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
Devilpen:
an intro to the new part is in the new one I'm writing POWER OVERLOAD

its great, i want to read part two, though this part ended really sadly.
Re: A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen by kobosmart(m): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
purples25:

its great, i want to read part two, though this part ended really sadly.
kiss are u the one on your dp? Make i chook your socket,money full my pocket

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / The Killer Leggings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.