Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,451 members, 7,861,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Having Issues With Toyota Sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Having Issues With Toyota Sienna (1215 Views)

Transportation Business With Toyota Sienna / Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Issues With Toyota Sienna by nickxtra(m): 11:52am On Sep 18, 2019
Gurus in the house, pls my Toyota Sienna, 2004 model is making a sound "kor" when its changing gear. A gear box mechanic was recommended. The mechanic drive tested the vehicle and said the lubricant in the auxiliary has tried and needed to lubricate it to know if the auxiliary is still okay. He bought oil and mixed it with grease and lubricated it, yet the noise has persisted. Meanwhile, the gear shifts perfectly, but only the noise that it makes.

Now, the gear mechanic says the auxiliary is bad and requires to be changed. According to him, the cost is 100,000 naira for a new auxiliary.

What do I really do? Advice me professionally, pls.
Re: Having Issues With Toyota Sienna by billy187(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hi, any codes on the van?

I had a similar problem, as if the car was slamming into gear. it ended up being a rogue throttle body. My check engine light pointed me in that direction.
Re: Having Issues With Toyota Sienna by TRYGO(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
Is the truck a 2/4WD? The prices of the front differentials are different.
The 4WD is more costlier.

When getting the next differential, pls do not agree to the differential fluid to be mixed as he did. Get the right fluid and use directly. Mixing it, affects miscibility, and its viscosity.

When at it, you could check out the driveshaft hoses, for ruptures, and all that. Relubricate if needed.

Hope you find some sort of succour here.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532:calls/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo,
Lagos
Re: Having Issues With Toyota Sienna by nickxtra(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
TRYGO:
Is the truck a 2/4WD? The prices of the front differentials are different.
The 4WD is more costlier.

When getting the next differential, pls do not agree to the differential fluid to be mixed as he did. Get the right fluid and use directly. Mixing it, affects miscibility, and its viscosity.

When at it, you could check out the driveshaft hoses, for ruptures, and all that. Relubricate if needed.

Hope you find some sort of succour here.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532:calls/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo,
Lagos
The vehicle is 4WD
Re: Having Issues With Toyota Sienna by TRYGO(m): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Your mechanic is almost correct with the price.
Re: Having Issues With Toyota Sienna by nickxtra(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2019
TRYGO:
Your mechanic is almost correct with the price.
okay

(1) (Reply)

Back When Only Old Men Owned Range Rover Vs Now / How To Avoid Used Car Fraud / WHY YOUR CAR DOES NOT START IN THE MORNING(HARD STARTING/COLD STARTING)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.