Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,347 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! (12881 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / Why I Prefer My Husband To Slap Me…adaeze Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by bigfather(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2010
Was at a close friend's house last week , and a small argument happened btw my friend and his mother in law and just within a striking seconds,a loud SLAP just left the whole sitting room so quiet as a grave yard ! Guess what ? The mother in law gave my friend a jaw dropping SLAP !
What would you do if you were in his shoes ?
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Dyt(f): 9:27am On Oct 31, 2010
u too tell ur friend nt 2 live under dem
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by funkybaby(f): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2010
easy.

the mother-in-law should pack her things out of the house that very day and she must not step into that house again.

she has successfully created a big crack in her daughter's marital home. undecided
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2010
I'm usually quite a placid, peace-loving person.

But in this case, I will slap my mother-in-law twice as savagely. My own mother never slapped me as a child, as a grown man, my MIL expects me to accept one from her? I'm the man of the house, and will not allow my MIL to raise cain in my home. Never!
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by timascious: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2010
From the man's point of view MIL needs to apologise and take her leave, immediately. From the wife/ daughter's point of view, say a very BIG THANK YOU to the mother for creating a mighty crack that could cause her(daughter/wife) the so much worked for, marriage. Ultimately, take her mother back to wherever she came from, and warn her never to visit her house again. she'll continue to be the good daughter , bt the mum needs to be kept away from the daughter's matrimonial home. PLEAD WIV HER HUZZY!
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2010
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2010
But what you all fail to realize is that there are two sides to EVERY story! There must have been a reason for the slap.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Radiant(f): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2010
OP, u forgot to tell us about the arguement. Abi na so dem take deh slap in-law

On a second thought, couldn't the woman hold back? sad That's how problems start. I wouldn't give my Mum that kinda chance tho' if she's the bossy type neither will I let my husband talk back at my mum. shocked

Siena, are you for real? grin
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by MaiSuya(m): 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2010
[size=16pt]A-B-O-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N!!!! Of the highest order!!!  shocked shocked shocked[/size]

My mama wey carry nine months never slap me, how much less my mother inlaw

I can't even imagine what I'll do in such a situation. . .slap her back?. . .definitely not; that's another abomination, slapping someone older than yourself.

Kai! It will be a difficult situation. . .
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Romeo4real(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2010
What if the MIL had slaped him because he was beating her daughter (his wife), and when she confronted him about it, he showed no remorse and rather attempted to justify it? Or he had said something highly disrespectful to her? I'm sure she is old enough to be his mother!
Whilst any type of domestic violence cannot be justified, until we have both sides of the story, we cannot pass judgement.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

But what you all fail to realize is that there are two sides to EVERY story! There must have been a reason for the slap.

There are no justifiable reasons to raise your hand to another human being, so regardless of circumstances, the MIL was wrong.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2010
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2010
Radiant:

Siena, are you for real?  grin

Radiant, of course! If my MIL slapped me, I'd make sure my retaliatory slap would knock her across the room. I'm not into violence, and wouldn't hit anyone under any circumstance, bar they struck me first. I don't believe in turning the other cheek.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2010
chaircover:

^^^^ siena gotcha
Pls your attention is needed in the auto section. Thank you. I would have blown you a kiss but  . . . . . . .  smiley

Lol! grin

I'll have a look in the Auto section.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by MrsSiena1(f): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2010
chaircover:

^^^^ siena gotcha

Pls your attention is needed in the auto section. Thank you. I would have blown you a kiss but . . . . . . . smiley

Chaircover you can blow him a kiss oh I dont mind at all am not the jealous type. Afterall its gonna be an e-kiss not the real one grin
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2010
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2010
Romeo4real:

What if the MIL had slaped him because he was beating her daughter (his wife), and when she confronted him about it, he showed no remorse and rather attempted to justify it? Or he had said something highly disrespectful to her? I'm sure she is old enough to be his mother!
Whilst any type of domestic violence cannot be justified, until we have both sides of the story, we cannot pass judgement.

My point EXACTLY! I don't believe she would just slap him just because! I am more than certain that was not the case.

Siena:

There are no justifiable reasons to raise your hand to another human being, so regardless of circumstances, the MIL was wrong.

@Siena To every action there is a reaction. There is ALWAYS a reason to do something, we are just NOT supposed to do it. . .most of the time anyway. I do not believe in turning the other cheek myself therefore had he hit her back I wouldn't judge him if he were innocent. But if he beat her daughter, insulted her daughter or herself then although she should learn to tame her temper, I wouldn't blame her.
It's just part of being human. If you were given a gun and had the option to take revenge on someone who butchered your family by just cursing them out or shooting them, I guarantee the butcher-er would see no mercy from you therefore the second option would be chosen. You'd give them the ultimate payback right? Some people say there is no reason to take someone's life. I say there is but should you? In this case she had the option to leave the argument as it was or let out her frustration. It was wrong but something was said or done to her that bothered her so much that she took the physical route.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Radiant(f): 12:03am On Nov 01, 2010
Siena:

Radiant, of course! If my MIL slapped me, I'd make sure my retaliatory slap would knock her across the room. I'm not into violence, and wouldn't hit anyone under any circumstance, bar they struck me first. I don't believe in turning the other cheek.

Rofl. . . shocked Siena you get temper o. grin Mrs Siena, you hubby needs some knots tightened wink grin

Btw, how is baby Siena doing? cheesy
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 01, 2010
Lol, Radiant. Baby Sienna's doing just fine, thanks. I don't have a temper, no. I'm no push over either, and Mrs. Siena knows that too. smiley
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by ifyalways(f): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2010
Thers more to the story,The man must have said something demeaning to get that slap. undecided
If my mum slaps my Hubby in my Parents house,I and my Hubby wud quietly leave and if its the other way round my mum has to leave at that instant,laterz when tempers are calm,we sort ourselves out.
My mum is not the type that goes abt slapping ppl though.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2010
Lol MIL slap me? ROTFLMSGBO

Let me recite my high school rhymes: Slap me I slap you, no be ojoro because God no vex cool

@CC

Give up on vicker already angry angry angry
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Radiant(f): 10:10am On Nov 01, 2010
Siena, aight.  wink

A big kiss to baby.  smiley
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2010
If my mum slapped my hubby, i would simply beg and calm my hubby , at the same time make arrangement for my mother to leave immediately even if she was defending me. My mum is a level headed woman infact much more than me.So she cannot not do that.But if she happens to do that, my hubby has no choice than to let it go because of me. But if my hubby dare to slap her back, then hell is let loose, i would never forgive him, infact he has to kill me that very day. because i know i would never slap his mother back if it was the other way, I would rather run from her than hit her back.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by bigfather(m): 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

My point EXACTLY! I don't believe she would just slap him just because! I am more than certain that was not the case.

@Siena To every action there is a reaction. There is ALWAYS a reason to do something, we are just NOT supposed to do it. . .most of the time anyway. I do not believe in turning the other cheek myself therefore had he hit her back I wouldn't judge him if he were innocent. But if he beat her daughter, insulted her daughter or herself then although she should learn to tame her temper, I wouldn't blame her.
It's just part of being human. If you were given a gun and had the option to take revenge on someone who butchered your family by just cursing them out or shooting them, I guarantee the butcher-er would see no mercy from you therefore the second option would be chosen. You'd give them the ultimate payback right? Some people say there is no reason to take someone's life. I say there is but should you? In this case she had the option to leave the argument as it was or let out her frustration. It was wrong but something was said or done to her that bothered her so much that she took the physical route.

Nothing was said, it was just a mere argument about money issue . So are you saying this is justifiable ? For me ; whatever the reason is, i see no reason why a mother in law would slap a 40yr old man !
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Radiant(f): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2010
big father:

Nothing was said, it was just a mere argument about money issue . So are you saying this is justifiable ? For me ; whatever the reason is, i see no reason why a mother in law would slap a 40yr old man !

Ermm. . that's a huge insult to the man! I still feel there's more to the story though. Either they've always been cat and rat or the woman has been hoarding something against her son in-law. Dang! The village elders must hear this grin
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Outstrip(f): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2010
The poster said it was a small argument and there were also guests in the house so I am not sure how this can be justified. I know for sure though that I would never judge a mother in law that slapped a son in law that hits her child. Though it does not seem like the case here.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by MrsSiena1(f): 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
Chaircover dont worry se you can e-kiss even if we get to see each other you can give him a kiss too but only on his cheeks grin

@ Radiant my little princess is doing great thanks.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Romeo4real(m): 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ Siena -  I think your statements below are conflicting - especially as you point out that "regardless of circumstances". There is either a justification, or there is NO justification. It cannot be both ways - unless you are saying that there is no justification to hit someone UNLESS they hit you first.

I'm usually quite a placid, peace-loving person. But in this case, I will slap my mother-in-law twice as savagely.

Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Magicwand: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
I will Slap the living daylights out of her and ban her from ever setting foot in my house! And if her daughter supports her, she is history too!
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by omar22(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2010
Well my Spouse didnt marry the whole family
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by luap: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
Oh please!!! If the son in law said something to the mother, she should just walk away, remover herself from the abusive envirnment. If she slapped him, he should walk away.

When either one of them come back together, tell the other person, you do not condone abuse. If the abuser can not resolve his or her issure. Always assume that the person is an abuser. When you talk to others and they wonder how come so and so is avoiding the other person, just say so and so is an abuser. The abuser will be treated as an abuser and eventually they will modify their behaiviour.
Re: A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Will I Deal With A Stepmother Who Loves Swearing,abusing And Problematic / Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents / Why Our Daily Living Is Becoming Less Fulfilling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.