Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

5 Unique Tips That Can Make You A Successful Blogger(for Newbies) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Unique Tips That Can Make You A Successful Blogger(for Newbies) (776 Views)

How Can I Become A Successful Blogger? / Tips On Becoming A Successful Blogger / 5 Simple Tips To Become A Successful Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Unique Tips That Can Make You A Successful Blogger(for Newbies) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
What does it really mean to blog and make money?, this is a question clients always ask anytime they are thinking of owning thier own blog...I have answered this a dozen times and I will try to explain in this article in clear terms what it means to be a blogger and how to maintain and build traffic and user interaction until you can start earning from it.
Alittle information.
"Blog" is a term coined out of two words; 'web' and 'log' the Idea was initially introduced into the web to allow people keep a dairy online. Wordpress and other CMS made blogging easy and since then the population of active bloggers have increased drastically.
While some people see blogging as a way of expressing themselves others go into blogging for the money those hardly ever host original articles they always copy and paste, this article is geared towards those who aren't really fussy about the money but want to impart the world with the little they can lay thier hands on.
Without any further " ado let's begin with the tips.
1.choosing a TLD:
Tld simply means " top level domain" this has to do with the domain name which will project the files from your hosting.
Alwas choose domain names that reflect the ideas fuelling the blog.. however there are some common domain name that can be used anywhere and for anything examples are : .com, .com.ng, .com.au, .au, .ng, .in and other which are easily recognizable in your country..d secret is dat not all domain names propagate all over the world
Domain names like : .xyz, .blabla, .fun, .wa is not advicable if u wish to take blogging seriously, free domain names are enemies to the professional blogging profession.
2. Choosing your niche:
This is an hurdle newbies always find difficult to Cross, they want to "blog about everything" well if you are not running a news site I advise you stick to a maximum of 3 niches where you have maximum experience and expertise,but as a beginner start with one.
Choosing your niche comes from analysing your areas of expertise and experience, remember it's a web dairy, feel free to share your experience or the experiences of others on the niche you have chosen to blog about,.when you are blogging in the right niche, you will find it veerrry easy to think of blog posts and write up unique and original content, some do reviews, others blog on tech (like me), others talk about lifestyle, find out your own niche and stick to it.
3.what do you write about?.
This is a question I always ask myself before I start writing any article on my blog, using SEO tools to search for keywords related to your niche is nice and boastts SEO drastically but, believe me using keyword tools affects the level of creativity on each blog post you choose to write drastically.
So how then can you get original titles and content to feed your blog?, Simple write about hurdles that you found hard to cross in the niche you are blogging about, write about key players in the industry (on your niche) those you like and does you don't and general reviews on new products or innovation, write on your own perspective or view on a particular news or trending topic " avoid copy and paste" try to make out your own ideas from every trending news you fancy in your niche.
Try to stick to your niche while subtly interlocking other niches related to it, this will help you gather alot more audience while you get a broader option of what to write on.
3.digging for information:
Information is the key to writing great articles and freash information well manipulated will bring out an outstanding article that will literally blow the mind of your readers and make them come back.
Getting information is a problem which you will face and am going to explain just how you can overcome this. Use social bookmarking sites to gather scraps of information , gossips and gists, these information are often available there in a raw format, what you need is to follow up the story on Facebook or any other bookmarking site, try to get a broader picture of what the story is all about , then you can write about it in a more refined way in your blog, using qanda websites can also be helpful common qanda websites like quora, Qubweb and Yahoo answers are fine and can serve as an immense research tool for bloggers. Other forums you can try is nairaland ngstudentsforum etc.
4.Timing:
Timing is an important factor when it comes to blogging, set a regular posting time for articles in your blog, I advice you post on your blog every 2 days as a beginner but as time goes on your can either Start posting daily or reshuffle your posting schedule. Your readers always want to see new content on your website anytime they come and you have to work hard to make that happen, but the key is it you are on one niche I feel you will always have something to post.
5.user engagement
This is a topic on its own and I will address it properly on my next post.
User engagement strategies are the different techniques you can apply to make your reader or visitors feel more relax and feel the need to engage in a visible interaction with the features that the site provides, a client ones asked me, Mr hyde, how much do I pay you to increse the number of comments on my site, well I may not be a "pro" expert but from experience I know that users will always comment when they are engaged in an interesting topic.
Try to communicate through your blog posts , seek thier opinion, ask them what they think about your last post, ask them what dey expect in the next post, allow them express themselves on a trending issue in ground , all these lead to an increase in user interaction, then we have the use of pointers and feature -post user psychology, all these will be treated on our next post because they are really broad subjects.
Well I hoped you have learnt a thing or two from this post, feel free to tell me how you feel by commenting or simply liking this post.
If you haven't built your blog and you need a developer to do that for you, feel free to contact me, I can help you out at a very pocket friendly cost
Happy blogging
Re: 5 Unique Tips That Can Make You A Successful Blogger(for Newbies) by Cormung: 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
If you want to make your blog popular, you'll just have to invest some money in SEO. So I advise looking at services like https://naturallinks.net just to be aware of the prices. It isn't as important as the quality of content but even the most interesting articles won't help you to reach the first search engine results page.
Re: 5 Unique Tips That Can Make You A Successful Blogger(for Newbies) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
Cormung:
If you want to make your blog popular, you'll just have to invest some money in SEO. So I advise looking at services like https://naturallinks.net just to be aware of the prices. It isn't as important as the quality of content but even the most interesting articles won't help you to reach the first search engine results page.
SEO can NEVER increase user interaction, it only increases traffic...user interaction is the skill that most so called SEO providers don't have and .
Traffic isn't the same thing as user engagement ,traffic will naturally come where there is a balance in usee interaction.
Re: 5 Unique Tips That Can Make You A Successful Blogger(for Newbies) by Emeka71(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
Blogging is serious business some people think blogging is fun.
Re: 5 Unique Tips That Can Make You A Successful Blogger(for Newbies) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
For does who don't understand what I mean by user interaction,
It is the ability to control and influence user psychology to enhance communication between the user and the prepared features...this is a arm of human psychology that cuts across various fields and can help you to control the flow of traffic which comes into your website as I said earlier in the post above, it involves the use of pointers and other tools that enables us tweak the "now" psychology and will greatly influence wether the user returns or not or even utilize the features provide on the site.
I will trash user psychology on my next post so stay tuned.

(1) (Reply)

Sold! / Non-hosted Google Adsense Accounts Plus Domain + Website Available For Sale. / Best Web Hosting Services 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.