Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation (30385 Views)

Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy / CBN Cashless Policy Is Good For POS Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by JKisOK(m): 2:32am On Sep 20, 2019
Banks Defy Legislature, Serve Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation

Despite the House of Representatives directive that CBN and banks stop the implementation of the latest cashless policy initiative, some banks appear bent on going on with the move.

Polaris Bank, for example, has served notice to its customers.

Nigerians see the move as fleecing bank customers by financial institutions with the active connivance of the CBN.

The House of Representatives responded to these misgivings by ordering the banks to shelve the plan. But banks, standing to benefit, seem determined to go on with the plan.

Now it is a matter of who blinks first and whose words will hold water: the Legislature or the banks.

ATTENTION PLEASE...

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by BarrElChapo(m): 2:36am On Sep 20, 2019
ofcourse they are the beneficiaries.. what do you expect.. being a Nigerian is definitely Hell embarassed

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by 2rez: 2:42am On Sep 20, 2019
Hahahaha! First of, shey Naija get legislature talkless of say dem wan defy am? Mstchew!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Goldencheese(m): 2:47am On Sep 20, 2019
Nigerians deserve better than this!

....we help businesses prepare their business plans, financials, carry out their feasibility surveys and generally support them through diverse business development services. You can try us today.

4 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by 2rez: 2:47am On Sep 20, 2019
BarrElChapo:
ofcourse they are the beneficiaries.. what do you expect.. being a Nigerian is definitely Hell embarassed

So u sef dey fly like me for night? U don shapaly reach here grin
I envy your flying speed. cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by BarrElChapo(m): 2:50am On Sep 20, 2019
grin grin baba I just dey test my new flying mat o.. V16 turbo supercharged engine. The best ! grin

2rez:

So u sef dey fly like me for night? U don shapaly reach here grin
I envy your flying speed. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by 2rez: 2:55am On Sep 20, 2019
BarrElChapo:
grin grin baba I just dey test my new flying mat o.. V16 turbo supercharged engine. The best ! grin

Chai! I talk am na. The engine na super true true grin. E go be the upgraded version of Aladin mat i guess grin. Aliexpress go get? Asking for a neighbor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by BarrElChapo(m): 2:59am On Sep 20, 2019
grin grin grin AliExpress too far nah.. you can source locally na BeninExpress sure die o.. Latest tech Fully padded cheesy
That your neighbor go dey eternally thankful cheesy

2rez:

Chai! I talk am na. The engine na super true true grin. E go be the upgraded version of Aladin mat i guess grin. Aliexpress go get? Asking for a neighbor.

5 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by 2rez: 3:11am On Sep 20, 2019
BarrElChapo:
grin grin grin AliExpress too far nah.. you can source locally na BeninExpress sure die o.. Latest tech Fully padded cheesy
That your neighbor go dey eternally thankful cheesy

shocked Infact ehn, i can't thank u enough. U be the realest. U just buttered a neighbor's bread with your stress free suggestion grin. Wetin dey sokoto wey man dey find go Sokoto, hmmn. Anywhichway, go update u as e be bruh grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Phace(m): 3:37am On Sep 20, 2019
The bank's excuse will now be that they've not received any directive from CBN, only because the policy favours them.

4 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by JKisOK(m): 4:38am On Sep 20, 2019
Phace:
The bank's excuse will now be that they've not received any directive from CBN, only because the policy favours them.

We all are victims and potential victims.

OP should please push and let this make front-page so it can attract the necessary attention and action.
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by philip0906(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2019
Complete ediots

If it is what will put money into our pockets, they will all be hesitant and not act quick...but if na to collect our money, sharp sharp, them don send notice & emails...clowns!

10 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by kirkwood: 10:46am On Sep 20, 2019
Lazy government!

Btw, I think banks are running away from the 60-40 deposit ratio.

It's not fukking any cashless economy.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by WalkerMichael(m): 10:46am On Sep 20, 2019
Polaris. Huge fraudsters. Read my experience with those scammers

Abalado:
These banks yaf kill their customers, Polaris is the worst bank I ever see in my life, thank God I've left their stupid bank for another one, they will just cut ur money anyhow, that one stupid charges, especially when I was rushing to the bank to withdraw my last 1k and to get their and met 865 naira, I treck from oshodi apapa that day

That Polaris ehn. Legit frauds. Same with fcmb. I'm going to be closing my two accounts with those two fraudster banks before this week ends. God. They're thieves!!!! I tried to close my Polaris sometimes in February but one agent was just advising me not to, I refused picked a form and asked for the closure. Till today, they haven't and keep deducting my 2,000naira balance that they said I can't withdraw. My own money ooo. I couldn't even load my phone with d 2k again. Ha God. My own money. And this is how these banks scam several other Nigerians.

Edit: just imagine I checked my Polaris balance after this post. See what they've reduced my 2000naira to!! cry shocked shocked shocked please what can I do? These guys are LEGAL THEIVES. THEY'RE THE REAL YAHOO YAHOO

6 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 20, 2019
Is it my end or you can’t see anybody’s signature from thread again ?
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by SniperSmurf(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2019
Polaris is a greedy pig � of a bank. God dey.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by zakim(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2019
Too bad cry
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by megafaraday(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2019
The House don't regulate the banks, CBN does. Let CBN issue another directive to this effect and the banks will comply
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by msmon(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2019
YOU NEED TO BE EDUCATED ON THIS NEW CBN CASHLESS POLICY.

CBN Policy Says Cash Withdrawal and Deposits Amounting to 500k or more now are to attract additional charges,

The policy is Straight and Simple.

What it is saying is that if You want to make a cash withdrawal of 500k then you should be ready to pay 15k as charges.

Also if you want to deposit 500k then u should be ready to add extra 10k on it as charges.

Now the question is why?

The answer is beacuse the government is trying to encourage a cashless economy.

So how do you avoid this penalty?

Simple! Don't withdraw cash in excess of 500k to pay anybody, rather collect their account number and transfer the cash to them. Also if someone wants to pay You 500K don't collect it since You know You can't keep it in the house but will take it to bank who will then charge You for the deposit. Instead, tell the person to use Your POS or transfer to Your account or they pay You through USSD CODE.

This way, the Cashless Policy Will be Implemented.

Culled from:- Moshood Abiola Ologundude FACEBOOK PAGE

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by JubrinElSudan: 10:49am On Sep 20, 2019
Should I share the ones Union Bank, GTB and Fidelity Bank sent to me?

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2019
Its time to build a safe in the house with that 3 & 5 % respectively cool grin
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by hush15: 10:51am On Sep 20, 2019
JKisOK:

Despite the House of Representatives directive that CBN and banks stop the implementation of the latest cashless policy initiative, some banks appear bent on going on with the move.

Nigerians see the move as fleecing bank customers by financial institutions with the active connivance of the CBN.

The House of Representatives responded to these misgivings by ordering the banks to shelve the plan. But banks, standing to benefit, seem determined to go on with the plan.

Now it is a matter of who blinks first and whose words will hold water: the Legislature or the banks.

ATTENTION PLEASE...

Do you think Emeifele decided it singlehandedly? Ofcourse, the banks are also culprits. Am not surprised about polaris bank neway, didn't it make the news that buhari's cronies bought the bank during the election year!!!

We dey watch as e dey go.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by chloride6: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2019
What are you doing with 500k cash in the first place? Are you a criminal?
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by YoungAncient1: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Polaris need to change their old and blind ATM machines.

2 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by PassingShot(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2019
BarrElChapo:
If you really understand the policy and desire the good things that come with a cashless policy, you won't see a problem in this.

In what circumstances do you think people need to withdraw or deposit N500k cash into/from their bank account?

2 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Yewandequeen(f): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2019
I think the charges are fixed.

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Revolva(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2019
Wat is d difference from any other bank cashless policy newsletter that was sent out

Abi una de promote polaris brand

Again I hate Polaris bank like.mad so slow
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Gentlemanforyou: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2019
But why is it only in lagos , ogun , ph, Anambra. Not understanding this shii

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Onyenna(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2019
Okay
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by dustydee: 10:54am On Sep 20, 2019
JKisOK:

ATTENTION PLEASE...
The legislators have no power to stop the CBN or the banks from implementing this policy. Only the courts or the CBN can order such.
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by PassingShot(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2019
JKisOK:

We all are victims and potential victims.

OP should please push and let this make front-page so it can attract the necessary attention and action.
Please educate me on why the policy is bad?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? / People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.