Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation (30417 Views)

Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices / Some Effect Of Cashless Policy / CBN Cashless Policy Is Good For POS Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by GreyLaw(m): 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
PassingShot:

Please educate me on why the policy is bad?

How about putting the charges on cash withdrawals only? Why charge fees on deposits? Those traders in Aba, Alaba, Balogun and other big markets make deposits higher than this amount. They are traders who pay taxes and make their koney in the rain and Sun, why discourage them from lodging their cash in the bank by charging fees on their deposits?

I feel the fees should be charged on cash withdrawals only, not deposits.
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Hallenjay: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
JKisOK:
Banks Defy Legislature, Serve Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation

Despite the House of Representatives directive that CBN and banks stop the implementation of the latest cashless policy initiative, some banks appear bent on going on with the move.

Polaris Bank, for example, has served notice to its customers.

Nigerians see the move as fleecing bank customers by financial institutions with the active connivance of the CBN.

The House of Representatives responded to these misgivings by ordering the banks to shelve the plan. But banks, standing to benefit, seem determined to go on with the plan.

Now it is a matter of who blinks first and whose words will hold water: the Legislature or the banks.

ATTENTION PLEASE...
only one NORTHERN STATE and five southern
Thus just reiterate the fact dat BUHARI is a curse.
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by 2rez: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
nick50:
..no we don't have legislators..we only have rubber stamp senate

...aka legislooters grin
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by BORNSTUNNER(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hello, guys it ain't only POLARIS Bank. Check out Union Bank mail I got :

Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Curry30: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
msmon:
YOU NEED TO BE EDUCATED ON THIS NEW CBN CASHLESS POLICY.

CBN Policy Says Cash Withdrawal and Deposits Amounting to 500k or more now are to attract additional charges,

The policy is Straight and Simple.

What it is saying is that if You want to make a cash withdrawal of 500k then you should be ready to pay 15k as charges.

Also if you want to deposit 500k then u should be ready to add extra 10k on it as charges.

Now the question is why?

The answer is beacuse the government is trying to encourage a cashless economy.

So how do you avoid this penalty?

Simple! Don't withdraw cash in excess of 500k to pay anybody, rather collect their account number and transfer the cash to them. Also if someone wants to pay You 500K don't collect it since You know You can't keep it in the house but will take it to bank who will then charge You for the deposit. Instead, tell the person to use Your POS or transfer to Your account or they pay You through USSD CODE.

This way, the Cashless Policy Will be Implemented.

Culled from:- Moshood Abiola Ologundude FACEBOOK PAGE

I'm only curious. How do you pay say labourers working on a project for you? How do you logde money in the bank in the first instance before going cashless? I think the Nigerian society is NOT advanced enough to implement these foreign policies. Well, it's just my opinion
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by TGM2015: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
Acidosis:

Well I feel the policy is too harsh. The cashless thing and charges can apply to Withdrawals above 500k, even 200 or 300k. After all, Nigerians pay N65 on ATM withdrawals as low as 5k or 1k.

Enforcing same on deposits does more harm than good. How do you encourage cashless policy by charging people that are trying to convert their cash to digits?
Okay, I can understand the deposit part but I bet you if all trader people start adopting paying through POS, buyers will adjust. All they need is for their market leader to connect with one or two telecom companies for better internet connection.

Alternatively, they can register their business to enable them deposit above N500K. At least, all business with turnover of millions should register with the government.
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by Godsonkemz(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
Gtbank also sent me the same notice. Gtbank always adheres to cbn policies that favours them.
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by King44(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
JKisOK:
Banks Defy Legislature, Serve Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation

Despite the House of Representatives directive that CBN and banks stop the implementation of the latest cashless policy initiative, some banks appear bent on going on with the move.

Polaris Bank, for example, has served notice to its customers.

Nigerians see the move as fleecing bank customers by financial institutions with the active connivance of the CBN.

The House of Representatives responded to these misgivings by ordering the banks to shelve the plan. But banks, standing to benefit, seem determined to go on with the plan.

Now it is a matter of who blinks first and whose words will hold water: the Legislature or the banks.

ATTENTION PLEASE...
bank taking the government for granted, well Buhari did same sometimes ago n got away with it so what do you expect? I dey wait make I see watin go happen anyways front role seat straight up
Re: Polaris Bank's Notice Of Cashless Policy Implementation by m140(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2019
msmon:
YOU NEED TO BE EDUCATED ON THIS NEW CBN CASHLESS POLICY.

CBN Policy Says Cash Withdrawal and Deposits Amounting to 500k or more now are to attract additional charges,

The policy is Straight and Simple.

What it is saying is that if You want to make a cash withdrawal of 500k then you should be ready to pay 15k as charges.

Also if you want to deposit 500k then u should be ready to add extra 10k on it as charges.

Now the question is why?

The answer is beacuse the government is trying to encourage a cashless economy.

So how do you avoid this penalty?

Simple! Don't withdraw cash in excess of 500k to pay anybody, rather collect their account number and transfer the cash to them. Also if someone wants to pay You 500K don't collect it since You know You can't keep it in the house but will take it to bank who will then charge You for the deposit. Instead, tell the person to use Your POS or transfer to Your account or they pay You through USSD CODE.

This way, the Cashless Policy Will be Implemented.

Culled from:- Moshood Abiola Ologundude FACEBOOK PAGE
My brother God will bless you ooo, i just told someone this two days ago he was just getting angry for no reason, he was even saying maybe am working in a bank . I was just like .... most Nigerians get problem. I beg how you go use 500k buy soup ingredients for one weekend, he said a lot , i just keep telling him this rule aint difficult. Maybe cus i hate carrying cash around,,,, 50k for house i dey always fear not to talk 500k. If e happen we go hear 9ja aint secured.most Nigerians really got problems

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerians Fighting To Use ATM To Cash New Naira Notes.. / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? / MTN Nigeria Grossed N700 Million Loss Due To Server Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.