Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

The Divorce Papers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Divorce Papers (10942 Views)

The 99th Divorce (HOT) / The Celebrity Divorce. ( An Interesting Hollywood Divorce Story) / Black Love Diary (A Story On Divorce) - MR. POSSIBLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:29am On Sep 20, 2019
Copyright © 2019 by Temitope Daniel Abimbola

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

www.temitopedaniel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:04am On Sep 20, 2019
Official Teaser drops 6pm.
Episode one drops tomorrow, 12pm.

Update drops on Fridays 6pm and Saturdays 12pm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Divorce Papers by Hantonia(f): 7:15am On Sep 20, 2019
Anticipating asap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
TEASER

TEASER

The white shirt was badly stained and he was also covered with sweat. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with his index finger and mopped his hand with his shirt. “I can’t find my wedding ring.” He announced, swooshing a long breath from his nostrils as he stood akimbo. He didn’t care that his hands were dirty, he knew the dirt he would land himself into by not finding the wedding ring would be deeper.
“Did you remove it from your finger now?” Tinuade asked. There was so much concern and guilt in her voice as she approached him to show how sorry she was. She felt she caused everything and happening. “I am sorry, Koku.”
“No, it’s nothing.” He managed a grin, bending down to check the tire but still couldn’t find it. He had checked the trunk of the car, checked inside car and underneath the car but still couldn’t find his wedding ring. “I think it’s high time you left here, Tinuade. It’s getting late already and you have to attend to Tofunmi, please.”
She shook her head in disagreement. She was on her way home when he met her battling with her deflated tire and he decided to help her, how would she leave without him finding his wedding ring?
Koku grinned again. “It might be in my car as well, Tinu. I think you should go, check your car tomorrow morning and I will check mine as well when I get home.”
Tinuade stood by her car with the pity face. “I am sorry for the troubles, Koku. I am very…”
“Please, don’t mention.” He turned around, crossed the road and opened his car door and met his phone ringing. He took a glance at his dirty hands and just shrugged, he had to pick the call so must overlook the dirty hand and clean his phone later.
“Good evening.” He said to the receiver.
“You left your ring here, fuckboy.” He heard.
He hissed and slammed the steering rack. He was late already and too far from her place to go back to pick up his ring. He ended the call and kicked his car. He saw Tinuade still by her car, staring at him across the road, he knew she was still feeling guilty that she delayed him and made him lost his wedding ring, if only she knew where he forgot his wedding ring. He rolled down the glass and waved at her.
“Have you found it?” Tinuade asked with a loud pitch.
He didn’t seem to hear her before the car moved. Tinuade hopped into her vehicle and felt she would call him to know if he found the ring later that night.

“Hey.” Koku entered the living room. He grinned as he approached his wife but suddenly noticed something was different. His eyes dimmed as he faced a high level of retardation in his walk towards her.
“Why are your bags here?” He asked with concern written all over his face.
“Where are you coming from, Koku?” She asked, dropping her phone by her side.
“Office.” He replied.
She chuckled. “You dare lie to me again, right? What office?”
“Debbie, please just calm down. I was coming from the office and someone’s car broke down which…”
“Which you helped them fix, right? When did you become a mechanic?”
“Can’t you see my hands? I actually was helping someone out with the car.”
She stared at his hands sternly. “Where is your ring, Koku?”
Shit! Guy, you Bleep up. Why did I show her my hands? “My ring?” He took a look at his finger and opened his mouth like he just noticed he was not on his ring anymore. “That’s true, you won’t believe that I am just noticing that I am not with my ring, dear.”
Debbie grinned. “You know the Bible says…”
“Please Debbie, don’t let us start with the Bible. I know what the Bible says. Isn’t it obvious that I got engaged with a car? Why do you lack trust like this?”
“I can still make do with believing that you helped a lady out with a car.” She stopped and stood up.
“I didn’t say I helped…”
“Just hold it.” She raised her palm at him. “You can’t tell me that you stopped by the road to help your fellow man with a car. I can manage to believe you helped a lady repair her car, but believing that your ring fell off while repairing the car is a big fat lie!” She slammed her hands together.
He scratched his head. “Debbie, I…”
“Still hold it, dear husband.” She raised her palm again. “Just hold on, let me do the analysis myself. I know you must have parked your car by the road and tamper with some things, just to get your hands dirty because you are coming from a stupid girl’s place.”
Koku grinned. “You know that can’t be true.”
She snapped. “Nothing is funny here, Kay!”
Koku looked away, frustrated. “You have taken this issue personal again. I need us to talk, I really need us to talk.”
“What is there to talk again? You need us to talk about your carnality, right? You need us to talk about the reasons why you are still not spiritual till now. See, Jesus…”
“Please, Debbie.” He cut in. “I also go to church every Sunday. I attend weekly services sef, so what do you mean about spirituality? Are you the first to know God? Little time, you will think not using earring and jewelries make you purer than those using it. It is evil when you see everyone as sinners except yourself. See, not putting on trouser and all these things is not the yardstick to measure that you are pure and close to God. Little talk, you will be talking about someone being a sinner and all, haha, Mary, the mother of Jesus didn’t even do this.” He blasted and hissed.
She smiled and took some steps backward to pick something in her bag. She dropped a file on the small stool before her. “These are the divorce papers, Koku. I am done.”
Koku looked at the file and back at his wife. “That can’t be true. “Debbie.” He called her.
“Bible says that we should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. I don’t think I can go on after I have even tried to change your life. I am done. Like, I am so done.” She walked near her bags that she had already packed. “I know it will be a big shock to you for now, I will come back to pick up the papers and some of my remaining stuffs. Please I cease to be Mrs. Adeyemi from now.”
“Debbie, what drama is this?” Koku glared at her. “What drama is this, Debbie?”
“Do I look like an actress? Do I?”
“Have you forgotten you were confirmed pregnant last week?”
She shrugged? “Oh, about the child right? The child is mine, Koku. I will be the one to carry him for nine months, not you. The highest you will ever do is to just want to sleep with me, nothing more.”
“Of which we still have to pray before and after having sex, madam!”
“Yes, our body is the temple of the living God. We have to honour him before defiling.”
“You see me trying to touch my wife as defiling? What is all these, Debbie?”
She picked the bag. “Like I said, I will come back for the documents. Please I beg you, don’t call me, please. What am I even saying, I am changing my mobile number tomorrow.”
“Are you possessed?”
“My Jesus forbid!” She shouted and dropped her bags again. “I cover myself with the blood of Jesus, cover my child also with the blood of Jesus.”
“Debbie!” He called again.
“Please don’t Debbie me, Koku. Just sign the papers. I believe you will have enough time to be able to bring your nonsense prostitutes home.”
Koku stared at the divorce papers as Debbie walked out.

THE DIVORCE PAPERS...

www.temitopedaniel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Divorce Papers by divinelypruned(f): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hahahaha
Praying before and after sex, for a married couple, no be moin moin ooo
Tdan I dey follow you kpankpe
Ride on

2 Likes

Re: The Divorce Papers by Teddiie(f): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
Mr Tdan is here again!!..
following..let me take my seat cheesy..More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by izaray(f): 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2019
divinelypruned:
Hahahaha

Ride on
As in ehn, the thing weak me oh cheesy
Re: The Divorce Papers by Treasure17(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
divinelypruned:
Hahahaha
Ride on
Anything goes in the zone. Going to be super duper story base on the premise.
Salute TD
Re: The Divorce Papers by Treasure17(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
izaray:
As in ehn, the thing weak me oh cheesy
You don fly reach here.. hian
Re: The Divorce Papers by Ann2012(f): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
I yaff siddon here
Re: The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
Lol... Thanks guys! Welcome here!
Re: The Divorce Papers by izaray(f): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
Treasure17:

You don fly reach here.. hian
Lol, you never sleep? Oya go to bed jor wink
Re: The Divorce Papers by Treasure17(m): 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
izaray:
Lol, you never sleep? Oya go to bed jor wink
Lol. sleep for where. I have a meeting at 12am
Re: The Divorce Papers by DivineSpecial(f): 12:47am On Sep 21, 2019
I yaff land ooh
Re: The Divorce Papers by genius43(m): 3:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Hmmm.

Different level of spirituality.
Re: The Divorce Papers by skubido(m): 6:30am On Sep 21, 2019
Hmmmm

O tu gaaa..

Following
Re: The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2019
EPISOSE ONE

Koku picked the papers and skimmed through. It was still a shock to him as he sat down. Why would a marriage of six month crash just like that? This isn’t just a marriage of six month anymore, Debbie just took in! Why would a woman just wake up and decide that she was going to call it quits like that? The marriage has been hell on earth for him but he still never thought it would get to this stage that she would pack her belongings and leave the house.
His hand creased his eyebrow as fuckboy re-echoed into his ears again. That was another aspect of his life again. Another aspect Debbie drove him into and he has been trying to drag himself out of. He whisked to his feet and dropped the document on the center table as he paced around the living room. She didn’t sound like she was joking or she was going to come back to him. Imagine the level of confidence that the unborn child would be for her because she would be the one to carry him for nine months, so? Could she have taken in all by herself?
Koku leaned against the wall and gave a loud sigh. He wished he never listened to his mother. She caused a larger percentage of everything wrong with him because of the hastiness to get married. He already rushed to get married and every indicator has shown that he’s ended up with the wrong woman. Debbie on her side also was feeling she just ended up with the ‘wrongest’ man in history.
Koku heard his phone buzz and reached for it. It was Tinuade.
“Thanks for the other time, Kay. I am so grateful.”
“It is nothing.” He replied with his fallen voice, just like his life seemed to have fallen apart now.
“What is wrong with you?” She asked him.
“Nothing.” He tried to brighten up.
“Are you sure? Have you found the ring?”
“No. I haven’t checked for it yet. I am tired, so I just want to rest for a bit.”
“Okay, no problem then. I have checked my car and didn’t find it there.”
“No problem, Tinuade. Thank you very much.”
“I should be the one telling you thank you, Koku. Thank you once again.”
“Sure, it is nothing. Please say me well to Tofunmi and have a nice night.”
“I would. Goodnight.”
The call ended and Koku dropped his phone.

Debbie dropped her bags by the side of the couch and sat down. She yawned and shook her head. “I am very tired, dear.” She said to her friend.
“I am glad that you are done with this nonsense on ground, Debbie.” Her friend replied her, dropping a bottle of water and a glass cup beside her.
“Thank you.” She picked up the water and poured inside the cup. “He didn’t believe I was really done, Sade. I don’t know the type of guy who sleeps around like that!”
Sade stood akimbo. “Forget, men are scum! All of them are the same.” She hissed.
Debbie sighed. Her mind creased on when she first had her first talk to Koku and he corrected her that all men are not the same, also told her that not even all women are the same and it is wrong to use just one man as a yardstick to judge all other ones. She sighed again and dropped the cup of water in her hand.
“So my friend, tell me, what really happened today?”
Debbie sighed again. “Dear, Koku cannot make heaven.” She shrugged.
Sade laughed. “I have always known that.”
“That is why I want you as well to change your ways. Get married and stop lazying around with boyfriends who sleep with you alone. You cannot…”
“Shhhh…” Sade raised her hand to stop her from talking. “Please, if this is what you have come here to do, maybe you should find another place to go to.”
“I am sorry, I just wanted to expound the truth to you. You know Jesus…”
“Debbie! I think this place is a wrong place for you to stay. I have decided to accommodate you and all you wish to do is to bore me with sermons? Please.” She shut her out again.
“I am sorry.”
“See, we have to have an agreement if you will be staying in this house with me. You are not going to do all these mummy church thing with me. Is that an agreement?”
Debbie was quiet.
“Debbie!” Sade shouted.
“Okay, I have heard.”
“Good.” She took her eyes off Debbie and picked her phone. That has always been their source of quarrel. Sade was Debbie’s roommate in their final year back in school, back then when the story of Koku also started. Every time she tries to think about how it all started, it brings back wonderful memories. The two roommates who seemed like word and opposite, yet seemed closer than their differences could have pushed farther from each other.
Debbie, the daughter of one of the most respected elders in a church. She has always been a lover of church and spiritual things, perhaps because that was all her parents offered her till she was able to gain admission into the university. She lived in the school hostel with various ladies till final year when she decided to stay off campus and her fate brought Sade to be her roommate. Left to her, she wouldn’t have agreed to Sade. But you know, most of the times, it is usually the unserious and crazy ones that top the class. This was their case and it was an opportunity for Debbie to clinch with Sade to shoot her grades that last year on campus.
As much as they seemed to have a lot of differences, their friendship began to wax strong poco-a-poco. If the hair strands on a head could be counted, the number of boyfriends Sade has dated would have been estimated. She has been a pro in the game, liking one guy, dating another one, trying to even shoot her shot at another. All Debbie had tried to do has been futile, Sade would never listen and she didn’t seem like one who was ready to even get married yet.
“Sade, I am pregnant.” Debbie dropped like a bombshell.
Sade dropped her phone slowly and reposition her butts on the sofa. “You are what?”
Debbie shrugged. “I am pregnant. Doctor confirmed last week that I am three weeks gone.”
Sade opened her mouth in shock. “I hope he does not know that you are pregnant already?”
“He knows.” She shrugged.
“He knows? This one is strange now, Debbie. You have dropped divorce papers, or I mean that you waited to get pregnant before dropping the divorce papers?”
Debbie hummed. “Maybe. I don’t know.”
Sade laughed. “I don’t know what to say about the child, Debbie.”
“Never mind, Sade. I am just telling you for official sake. I already told him the child is mine and I won’t drop the child for him because he’s not the one who is going to carry the baby for nine months.”
“Don’t you think this is becoming too much?”
“I don’t care, Sade. I am tired.”

Koku sprawled on the sofa. Everything about him has always been nothing more than a joke. His name has especially made people mock him. Like, who bears Koku in this generation with beautiful names? As much as folks had mocked him so much for name, he never hid it from anyone. That was not his type of person, anyway. You have to like him for who he is or just keep off and you no one will get to have a better choice than to like him because he has always been friendly and also confident.
Koku had always loved public speaking and it was still a part of what he does asides being an accountant of a food processing company. His path crossed that of his wife, or maybe his ex-wife, Debbie while he went to their school to speak with the final year students which Debbie was one. The story behind his name and the mockery the name has brought has been one of his main messages everywhere he gets the opportunity to speak.
On a beautiful day like that, he had gone to speak in Debbie’s school and spotted the beautiful lady who kept smiling and jotting what he was saying down. She was very beautiful even though she had no accessories on, no make-up, she didn’t even make her hair that day, just packed it with a rubber band and had an enchanting smile. He had already thought that he would have a word with her after the session before he saw her raise her hand as part of those who had questions to answer. The microphone was with the coordinator when it was time for questions and answers and he tried to streamline the number of people he would pick and he didn’t choose Debbie. He was invited to come forward to answer the questions and he did, when he was done, he stretched his finger towards her and asked her to ask her question too as the last question and answered her.
Koku didn’t know how he would tell her to wait behind, he gave an incomplete answer and asked her to wait behind to see him. He knew that was how he would start with her. He had just finished his Youth Service Corps and just started working when he came to speak in the school. Like his best friend would tease him that he really came to the university to get bachelor’s degree because he didn’t get involved with any lady till he graduated. Not necessarily because he didn’t want any woman in his life but he got turned down twice and gave up for that moment.
Koku picked his phone and dialed Tina’s number. “Hey.”
“Fuckboy, you have missed it, right?”
“Please stop this messy talks. I told you to stop calling me fuckboy, please.”
“Okay, Koku why have you called me?” She asked.
“My wedding ring, Tina. I need my ring.”
“Come over and get it, dear. I am down for you.”
Koku hissed. “I have told you such will never happen before us, Tina.”
“Before us?”
“I wanted to say between us. See, I am not in the mood for all these. My wife just left me angrily.”
“Left the house or pushed you aside?”
“She packed out. See, what happened between us that time was a mistake. I thank God nothing eventually happened. Just stop these talks, return my ring and get out.”
Tina laughed. “I know you have always liked me, guy. Should I come over?”
“That my wife left angrily does not mean I am done with her. You can’t come to my house.”
“You can’t sit there and be sad. Okay, will you come over to my place and spend the night?”
“I have to travel to South Africa tomorrow morning, Tina. See, my visit to your place today was to clarify the mistake that almost happened then. I am not that type of person and I cannot cheat on my wife.”
“Guy, you have not cheated on her and she has left you. If she values you the way you value her, would she leave you just because of a missing ring?”
Koku hissed again.
“I am being frank now, fuckboy…”
“Tina!” He shouted at her.
“Oh, sorry my dear Koku. Truly, if someone really loves you, do you think she would have left you for ring sake?”
“See, babe it is an accumulated issue. I know she loves me.”
“What are the issues? Tell me about it.”
“No. I don’t share my personal info with strangers.”
Tina laughed.

Debbie pulled the dining chair and sat beside Sade. They just finished making omelets and bread for dinner. The two have been talking about past experiences in school and NYSC year till they started eating and the discussion changed.
“Babe, how far marriage?” Debbie asked Sade.
“Don’t let us start that discussion again.” Sade snubbed.
“Don’t even try it. You won’t remain like this forever, dear.”
“So are you planning to get married again as well?” Sade asked.
Debbie’s eyes thinned. “I have gotten married and I am back.” She chuckled.
“I also don’t want to go in and back as well.” Sade shrugged.
“Are you mocking me?”
Sade tittered. “You will only see it as mockery because this discussion deserves it.”
“What of your boyfriend?”
Sade chuckled. “Which one?”
“Ha! Sade!”
She laughed. “That is the issue with you people. I am being real to you now that they are more than one and you are shouting. One of them is even coming tomorrow, he is coming to spend the night here.”
“Why would he?”
Sade shrugged. “What is your business?”
Debbie sighed. “I don’t know what else to say to you, Sade.”
Sade laughed. “Then just keep quiet.”

...to be continued...
www.temitopedaniel.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Divorce Papers by Ann2012(f): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2019
toyhin123 come and read oooo
Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Another mind blowing story. Thanks and welcome back.
Re: The Divorce Papers by izaray(f): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Divorce Papers by Hantonia(f): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: The Divorce Papers by Treasure17(m): 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
Men are not scum I repeat men are not scum...
Well done Temi D.
Re: The Divorce Papers by Nickibeauty(f): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
Temi is back keep it coming
Re: The Divorce Papers by toyhin123(f): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ann2012:
toyhin123 come and read oooo
Thanks for the update OP
Thanks sis
Following already

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by PrudySara(f): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
Welcome back T-Dan
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by Horlasmart: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
I use God beg you this time around, don't relay the updates, or better still give us a link to download complete story abeggg
Re: The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:17am On Sep 23, 2019
Horlasmart:
I use God beg you this time around, don't relay the updates, or better still give us a link to download complete story abeggg

Lol. We sha have agreement. Fridays x Saturdays.

Weeks with unlimited comments and reactions will attract more update.
Re: The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:22am On Sep 23, 2019
Don't want to start quoting every comment.. I'm grateful everyone. Thank you! Wish you a great week!

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
TemitopeDaniel:

Lol. We sha have agreement. Fridays x Saturdays.

Weeks with unlimited comments and reactions will attract more update.

Seriously; Dgrin, no problems.... Guys come and scatter this place with comments oooocheesycheesy

More grease to your elbow�� Man..

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by Nancydearie(f): 2:54am On Sep 24, 2019
Well done T-Dan, right on time.

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:25am On Sep 27, 2019
Hello everyone! grin

Thanks for the comments. Nancydearie! Been a while. I cheesy

Update drops today!

1 Like

Re: The Divorce Papers by skubido(m): 9:36am On Sep 27, 2019
TemitopeDaniel:
Hello everyone! grin

Thanks for the comments. Nancydearie! Been a while. I cheesy

Update drops today!

Waiting tinz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lucifer's Bride (18+) / Elements Of The Plot Of Tragedy / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.