Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo (82841 Views)

Lady Commits Suicide By Drinking Snipper In Bayelsa Over Boyfriend (Graphic Pix) / Adenike Ishola Disappears As ICPC Discovers Her 60-Building Estate In Abuja / Lady Faked Her Kidnap To Get Money From Her Father. Her Boyfriend Did This... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by NwekeUG(m): 5:57am On Sep 21, 2019
Igberetv reports that a female apprentice at a tailoring shop in Lagos, Adenike Fatai, committed suicide just three months after her boyfriend known as Bayo Atanda did same.

The 25-year-old indigene of Kwara State who lived with her mother at Igbekele Street, Iyana Cele bus stop, Shibiri area of Lagos State has reportedly been battling depression since her boyfriend died and she took a poisonous substance suspected to be 'sniper'.

Though she left no suicide note, a quick check on her Facebook page revealed that she engaged in posts which centered on death and depression. It was further learnt that her trauma was heightened by her late boyfriend family and friends' allegation of causing his death.

Tawa, Adenike's mother who confirmed her death said that she met her dead after she returned home from an evening prayer.

She said, “That day, she finished cooking around 7pm and ate. She was outside after eating while I went to the mosque. Around 8pm, she came to the mosque to collect the key to our apartment and I told her to check the shop.

“On getting home some minutes after, I saw her lying on the floor with a bottle of sniper beside her. I called for help but it was late.

“She was learning tailoring in her sister’s place in Ikorodu. All of a sudden, her boss sent her away. She told me she had got another place to learn the vocation in Orile and that she would be living with a friend. I asked her to come and learn it at my place but she refused.

“Whenever I asked to see the friend, she would say she was not around. It was when I threatened to disown her that she told me she was living with her boyfriend. I tried to convince her that what she did was wrong, but she said the man’s (Bayo’s) house was close to where she was learning tailoring. I met with the man and he said he really wanted to marry her. He looked very gentle. We were planning the introduction when he died.

“On a Sunday around 11pm, my daughter called me and started crying on the phone. She said Bayo drank sniper. They took him to the Lagos Island General Hospital, but he died the following morning. That time, she said she would follow him and I tried to caution her.”

Tawa admitted that Adenike got depressed after her boyfriend's death and even relocated to Ikorodu area of Lagos state. She however said she (Adenike) returned after her condition improved.

“I never thought she was thinking of suicide because she looked happy. Some clerics warned us that death was hovering around her and I prayed over it.

“I learnt she called somebody that evening and told the person that she wanted to go and meet Bayo and that she would drink sniper. I don’t know the kind of love she had for him.

“There was a day a friend of Bayo called her and accused her of killing him. I told her to ignore them. The mistake I made was that I should have changed her SIM card,” she added.

Also confirming the death of his daughter, Adenike's father said he never knew she was battling depression. Idris said he only spoke to her on the phone since he separated from her mother.

“Since her mother and I separated, I usually talked to her (Fatai) on the phone. Probably she would have told me what was bothering her if we had the opportunity of seeing each other" he said.

http://igberetvnews.com/1009767/shocking-lady-commits-suicide-just-boyfriend-photo/

5 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Dareywest(m): 6:02am On Sep 21, 2019
Love till eternity

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 6:06am On Sep 21, 2019
I can not even drink goko bitters comfortably not to talk of ending my sweet life.....#icantkillmyself

405 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 21, 2019
Since I was born, this is the only time I'm seeing "I cannot live without you" put into action.

All others who have claimed that shit are just some fake a$$holes.

R.I.P to them both though.

Hope they find love in Hell.

You are committing suicide because a woman left you.

Is that how purposeless some guys can be?

196 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Lucky4real28(m): 6:16am On Sep 21, 2019
A lot of people are battling depression in Nigeria, if we were white facing this hardship 70% would have been gone now: so sad they both took what they considered the easy way out never to know what tomorrow would have brought. Without challenges maybe life won’t be so interesting, it only makes you stronger. Hard time would pass if you remain strong. Only the strong survives especially growing up in Africa, trust me if your weren’t strong maybe mosquitos would have killed you before you even turned 4.

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by EricBloodAxe: 6:17am On Sep 21, 2019
I can bet the dick was good...Just to make sure she could feel it again and be sure he wasn't cheating from beyond, she took the journey of no return. RIP peeps.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by kestolove95(m): 6:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Wasted kpekus guys will say

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 21, 2019
Be kind in your dealings with whomever you come across, we all have different depression tolerance threshold...

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by vibre: 6:48am On Sep 21, 2019
This should serve as a warning to all those committing fornication, the wages of sin is death sad

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 21, 2019
She Is Home now
Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by hamid6249: 6:59am On Sep 21, 2019
Oga with this your fine grammar you still fall my hand last last , hope buhari syndrome never catch u sha , you no read ni ?
Awol1:
Since I was born, this is the only time I'm seeing "I cannot live without you" put into action.

28 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by misreal(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2019
Meet me in hell says the lady

5 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by 2shure: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2019
Was it yemi alade that said na me and you forever,i go die for you,your love nor fit do me strong thing. Oya bori kiriborkiribo.
Suicide is becoming normal these days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by nicepoker101(m): 8:12am On Sep 21, 2019
I rather dedicate my RIP to the last fowl I slaughtered.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Lagbaja01(m): 8:17am On Sep 21, 2019
May life continue to be sweet for you...
Bouncingbabyboy:
I can not even drink goko bitters comfortably not to talk of ending my sweet life.....#icantkillmyself

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2019
Lucky4real28:
A lot of people are battling depression in Nigeria, if we were white facing this hardship 70% would have been gone now: so sad they both took what they considered the easy way out never to know what tomorrow would have brought. Without challenges maybe life won’t be so interesting, it only makes you stronger. Hard time would pass if you remain strong. Only the strong survives especially growing up in Africa, trust me if your weren’t strong maybe mosquitos would have killed you before you even turned 4.
Exactly, suicide isn't an option.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2019
Lagbaja01:
May life continue to be sweet for you...
Ase

5 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by ppreye(m): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2019
This is quite sad. The kind of comments above mine just shows the level of maturity of most nairalanders undecided

11 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by A305: 8:47am On Sep 21, 2019
They were meant for each other.

2 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by BobiNick(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Igbere reports again.... Na wa oo

5 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by tstx(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Suicide Pact....

Nairaland loves suicide posts like mad
Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by davillian(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Were your own problem stop na there another person own start.
Were you are right now are some peoples prayer point...
Bar man another bottle.

19 Likes

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Ishilove: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Wimps. It seems we're living in a generation of weak people who cannot withstand life's adversities. When life hammers them, they run to buy sniper, not caring about the sorrow they will cause others. Selfish, cowardly wimps.

“I never thought she was thinking of suicide because she looked happy. Some clerics warned us that death was hovering around her and I prayed over it."
Another problem with this country. We don't pay enough attention to mental health here. Gone are the days when people were stout hearted, and for this reason the government needs to recognise this and provide counseling centers where folks can go to pour their hearts out.

The young lady was putting up a facade of good cheer which a professional would have seen through.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Truthbites: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2019
I blame this regime . Nigerians used to be d happiest people on Earth...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Hexos01(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Nice
Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by BlackfireX: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Which country
Re: Adenike Fatai: Lady Commits Suicide In Lagos After Her Boyfriend Did Same (Photo by Truthbites: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Awol1:

After this ur very lengthy comment, I realized u neither read the caption nor the content

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta: Gunmen Assassinate Man In His Car In Broad Daylight (Disturbing Photos) / Yahoo Plus: "If Dem Go Use You, Dem Go Use You..." (Screenshot) / Son Stabs His Mother In Imo, Set Himself On Fire (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.