Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss (632 Views)

Can People Gain Admission To Yabatech Without JAMB? / Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? / Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by horpigee1(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
suicide! suicide!! suicide!!!
it getting more rapid every single day.
I'm sure you all heard about the recent suicide about a young musician pelepele and a young lady who drank snipper because of her failed relationship.
I'm tired of hearing this shiit called suicide and that's what prompt me to create this topic.
please any nairalanders who have one or two things to say about depression should please share it... tell us your experience and how you overcome it.
another question is what are the causes of depression and how can it be overcome.... thanks.

pls move this to front page.. seun, cc: lala
ur comments can help pple who r battling with depression.

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by Tinocosta17(m): 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thanks for taking time out to do so..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
My own was caused by chemical imbalance. Shit robbed me of almost all my cognitive abilities.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by horpigee1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
Squillaci:
My own was caused by chemical imbalance. Shit robbed me of almost all my cognitive abilities.
thanks God that you later got over it
Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
horpigee1:

thanks God that you later got oveor it

I am still battling with it. Seems I get a new symptom every other month. I just hope the main cause is not a tumor, cos I won't hesitate to kill myself if it is.
Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by Antinatalist: 6:03am On Sep 22, 2019
Before I leave my response, I want you to understand that suicide is not necessarily caused by depression. History tells us that ancient Germanic tribes would rather gather themselves in groups and commit suicide than to allow themselves to be captured by Roman warriors and used as slaves and/or gladiators.
Some philosophers and poets actually committed suicide in the past out of philosophical reasons alone and mother out of depression.

So back to your question:
It surprises me that people still come online to ask about the causes of depression. Is being a human being not enough to give one depression? If I was born into this world, practically forced into school for almost 20 years of my life, and then I have to become a cooperate slave just to make enough money to pay bills till I eventually die, is that not enough to make one feel depressed?
Not only that, this life is just too hard for us humans. Almost everything in life is enough to drive someone into major depression.

Lastly, you cannot save someone who is unhappy, most people think they can quote Bible verses and motivational words to depressed people and that it can actually save those people. But fact is that real life is much more complex than that, words like "Believe in yourself", "Be happy", " Better days ahead", etc, are actually meaningless to a person in a state of despair and cannot sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by horpigee1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
Squillaci:

I am still battling with it. Seems I get a new symptom every other month. I just hope the main cause is not a tumor, cos I won't hesitate to kill myself if it is.
and you think killing urself would be the solution for it
ur problem is not more than what God can solve, pray ye unto God, he will surely answer ur player.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by horpigee1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
Antinatalist:
Before I leave my response, I want you to understand that suicide is not necessarily caused by depression. History tells us that ancient Germanic tribes would rather gather themselves in groups and commit suicide than to allow themselves to be captured by Roman warriors and used as slaves and/or gladiators.
Some philosophers and poets actually committed suicide in the past out of philosophical reasons alone and mother out of depression.

It surprises me that people still come online to ask about the causes of depression. Is being a human being not enough to give one depression? If I was born into this world, practically forced into school for almost 20 years of my life, and then I have to become a cooperate slave just to make enough money to pay bills till I eventually die, is that not enough to make one feel depressed?
Not only that, this life is just too hard for us humans. Almost everything in life is enough to drive someone into major depression.

Lastly, you cannot save someone who is unhappy, most people think they can quote Bible verses and motivational words to depressed people and that it can actually save those people. But fact is that real life is much more complex than that, words like "Believe in yourself", "Be happy", " Better days ahead", etc, are actually meaningless to a person in a state of despair and cannot sleep.

thank for shielding more light on this.

any advice for the depressed people??
Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
Antinatalist:

Gbam. So what do think is the safest way committing suicide?
I want a way that kills 100%. I don't what a method that if I failed I would have to spend the rest of my life disabled.
Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by tunjilee003: 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
Atimes not socializing with people ofyen leads to depression... once you meet people you can narrate your problem to them they can provide you with the much needed help....my own source of depression is going broke

1 Like

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by horpigee1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
another man take his life bcus he lost his bet9ja ticket,...wat could be the cause of this depression or wat, cus me I no understand why people are just taking their lives for no good reason..
fp.. seun, lalasticlara abeg move this nah
Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by horpigee1(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
tunjilee003:
Atimes not socializing with people ofyen leads to depression... once you meet people you can narrate your problem to them they can provide you with the much needed help....my own source of depression is going broke
we both broke.... my own is even broker... abeg keep on hustling make depression no catch you bro.. one day u go hammer

1 Like

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by VICTOR4LYF(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2019
tunjilee003:
Not just anybody. Meet the right people you can trust will listen to your problems & offer GOOD solutions to them.
It is not everyone you meet you open mouth to & start sharing ur problems with.
Some people don't want to hear your problems.Rather they will take advantage of it if you start telling them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by Suspect33(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
i don't even want to 'hammer' like the likes of dangote and otedola, i just want a simple life, be comfortable and have enough that i wouldn't have to worry about finance anymore, but still i try not to let anything bother me to the point of depression, i just say to myself that someday death would be the end of it all, worse comes to worst, I'll just cry, yeah cry, it help a whole lot

1 Like

Re: What Are The Causes Of Depression And How Can People Overcome It... Let Discuss by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nobody asked to be born.

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For MTN Foundation Scholarship 2020 / What Are Some Good Apps For Building Vocabulary? / Schools To Reopen August 4 For Final Year Pupils ― FG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.