Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? (938 Views)

This Giant Wolf Head From 40,000 Years Ago Was Discovered In Russia(pics). / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor / What Drove Neanderthals To Extinction 40,000 Years Ago? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Read also https://brainerves.com/question/neanderthals-gene-found-in-humans-did-humans-mated-with-them/
Lalasticlala

There was an early interaction between humans and more intelligent species millennia ago, but these species have gone extinct, why or what led to their extinction remains a mystery. There have been different attempts to unravelling this mystery.

Neanderthals were an early species of human that lived primarily in Europe and southwest Asia from about 130,000 years ago until their extinction approximately 40,000 years ago. The first Neanderthal bones were found in the Neander River Valley in Germany in 1856, and at the time people thought they were the bones of strange modern humans. Neanderthals were generally more massive but shorter than modern humans. They also had a more prominent brow ridge and sloping forehead.

Since that first discovery, Neanderthal bones have been found across Europe and Asia...

https://brainerves.com/question/what-happened-between-human-and-neanderthals-40000-years-ago/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by HarunaWest(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2019
If they were more intelligent,they would still be here.
Homo Sapien is the embodiment of Perfection in terms of intelligence.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by selemempe: 6:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
HarunaWest:
If they were more intelligent,they would still be here.
Homo Sapien is the embodiment of Perfection in terms of intelligence.
homo sapiens are about to destroy the planet with their over sabi

4 Likes

Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2019
Homo Sapien’s killed them all ...

2 Likes

Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by Nobody: 3:20am On Sep 23, 2019
Phinity318:
Homo Sapien’s killed them all ...
I would prefer to agree with the theory of harsh climatic change caused their extinction. ..

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 23, 2019
The most outlandish I ever heard or read was the one which posited that the Homo Sapiens ate up or devoured the Neanderthals.

Who has read that too?

If you ask me though, I think Homo Sapiens had a part to play in the extinction of the Neanderthals. Think how the elimination of a particular new specie ultimately leads to the eventual elimination of the other already established one.

I like to liken it to the fate of the West Indians in some parts of the New World right after contact with the European adventurers and colonizers.
Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 23, 2019
BraiNerves:

I would prefer to agree with the theory of harsh climatic change caused their extinction. ..

But somehow, you just can't rule out the assertion{or theory} that Homo Sapiens might have had a role to play in the extinction of the Neanderthals. At least, not completely.
There has to be some truth to it.
Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by oyatz(m): 5:36am On Sep 23, 2019
Why didn't the Bible talk about Neanderthals?
Do they exist before Adam?

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between Human And Neanderthals 40,000 Years Ago? by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 23, 2019
oyatz:
Why didn't the Bible talk about Neanderthals?
Do they exist before Adam?

Dude... don't embarrass yourself here.

The whole Adam and Eve thing is a MYTH. Hasn't that occurred to you yet?

Go back and read about Neanderthals before trying to contribute to this discussion. I don't want you getting ridiculed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Has Increased Its Acceptance Fee (from #4, 500 To 30,000) / Renowned Economist And Academic, Professor O Teriba Laid To Rest. / Where Is The Best Country Learn French? Ivory Coast Or Cotonou?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.