Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan (38271 Views)

World's Highest Infinity Pool Opens On 50th Floor Of Palm Tower In Dubai(Photos) / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by travelwaka: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2019
I have always heard of this place So I decided to travel to Ibadan to visit this historic structure that has been in existence since 1936 in honor of the first resident and travel Commissioner of interior Yoruba land Captain Bower.
It is located on one of the highest hills in Ibadan, from the top of this hill, you can see every part of the city. From the top of Bowers tower, You will different Landmarks in Ibadan such as the University College Hospital (UCH), Polytechnic of Ibadan, Cocoa House, The University of Ibadan, Agodi gardens etc
Ibadan offers lots of beautiful tourist attractions and the Bowers Tower will definitely blow your mind.

Picture One
Entrance to Bowers tower in Ibadan

Picture two
The bowers tower amp[hi theatre
This place has witnessed so many events in the past

Picture three
The majestic Bowers Tower

Picture 4
The Bowers tower steps

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/captain-bowers-tower-ibadan/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by travelwaka: 11:50am On Sep 23, 2019
Lots and lots of Beautiful destinations in Nigeria

We are going to la Campagne Tropicana on 1st October 2019.

Follow us on faceboo https://www.facebook.com/Travel-Waka-639942559751406/
Follow us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by travelwaka: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
This place serves as a watchtower during the colonial days to be able to monitor the activities of the city from a vantage point

Another View of Bowers Tower

info about the tower

Picture of Cocoa house from Bowers tower

Another Aeriel view of the city from the top of Bowers Tower. Lalasticlala Bowers tower is a top tourist centre in Ibadan

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2019
This will offer a great view of the massive brown roof city of ibadan.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by travelwaka: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
It is located at Oke Are Hill at Igbo Agala in Ibadan, it is opened from 9am to 5pm daily. It cost about 200 naira to get access into the facility.

Things to Do at Bowers Tower
1. Organise a picnic
2. Take panoramic Video of the city of Ibadan
3. See all the major landmarks of Ibadan
4. Enjoy the views
5. take stunning pictures

Picture one

Picture two
UCH from the top of Bowers Tower

Picture three

picture four
An aerial view of the brown roof city

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by roblance: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by KayCee92(m): 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by TheDestroyer: 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
The ancient city of ibadan unfortunately was overtaken by Lagos as a commercial capital. It's gradually taking its place as companies are gradually leaving Lagos for ibadan.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
Kukuma say you went to an ancient church in Ibadan...

BTW, what will it cost the government of Oyo State to wash all those 'BROWN ROOFS'?

THE IMAGE BELOW THOUGH...

6 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by spafu(m): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
Ok
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by emmybernard(m): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
Who does that ?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by slawomir: 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
Okay
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by hannysur8(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Ibadan lomo Omo Layipo, now you know the real Ibadan, awa lomo ajegbin jekarahun, Afikarahun for ori mu, awa lomo agesinkole,Ilu ti ole tin jare olohun

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Onlinealaba(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
We got many nice and historical places in Nigeria but the government has failed to see the hidden wealth in tourism..well I believe one day I will visit all these places cheesy

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by tot(f): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nice. Good job travelwaka. Unfortunately, Nigeria has refused to take tourism seriously. Countries like Turkey, Dubai, Greece are all making money for their economies from tourism.

The silly comments about brown roofs are quite ridiculous. These are things other countries would have turned around and packaged as a relic of the past. But Nigerians choose to wallow in ignorance and use it as a tribal slur. It's all your loss at the end of the day.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Brown roofs everywhere

17 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by mungoparks: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Omg,see brown roofs.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by DJJOVINO: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
pls were is this place located in Ibadan, I would love to visit this ancient tourist center.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by iWasNotHere(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
Very dirty state

7 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by feekman(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
Ibadan lò mò , ò mò làyipò grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Kreamie(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
The only Chocolate city I know wink

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by TheDestroyer: 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
Like abia right grin
iWasNotHere:
Very dirty state

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by ZombieTAMER: 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
By the time the rails start functioning...

Ibadan will take over from Lagos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by TeeBabss(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
#200?
I'm presently in Ibadan, I should go there

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by feekman(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
When u get to bèèrè market in ibadan, asked of òke-àarè old galaxy road in ibadan
DJJOVINO:
pls were is this place located in Ibadan, I would love to visit this ancient tourist center.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
TheDestroyer:
The ancient city of ibadan unfortunately was overtaken by Lagos as a commercial capital. It's gradually taking its place as companies are gradually leaving Lagos for ibadan.
it never stop being the capital of yorubaland. The entire yoruba was developing it before the creation of states. That was why it was forgotten buh ibadan is gradually standing back on it's feet.

13 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by ejimatic: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
travelwaka:
I have always heard of this place So I decided to travel to Ibadan to visit this historic structure that has been in existence since 1936 in honor of the first resident and travel Commissioner of interior Yoruba land Captain Bower.
It is located on one of the highest hills in Ibadan, from the top of this hill, you can see every part of the city. From the top of Bowers tower, You will different Landmarks in Ibadan such as the University College Hospital (UCH), Polytechnic of Ibadan, Cocoa House, The University of Ibadan, Agodi gardens etc
Ibadan offers lots of beautiful tourist attractions and the Bowers Tower will definitely blow your mind.

Picture One
Entrance to Bowers tower in Ibadan

Picture two
The bowers tower amp[hi theatre
This place has witnessed so many events in the past

Picture three
The majestic Bowers Tower This

Picture 4
The Bowers tower steps

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/captain-bowers-tower-ibadan/
This tower has a spiral... This is the etymology of Ibadan lomo o mo layipo....You know Ibadan but you don't know the spiral in the tower....The expression is still alive till today...

8 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Mires: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
Ha! And we wey de for brown roof city no know the place. Op thanks
Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by Angelfrost(m): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
Kukuma say you went to an ancient church in Ibadan...

BTW, what will it cost the government of Oyo State to wash all those 'BROWN ROOFS'?

THE IMAGE BELOW THOUGH...

You want the government to change the roofs of people's personal houses??!... You are kidding, right??!... undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan by kenny160: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is nice

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai / Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda) / Struggles Of Two Nigerians At A US Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.