Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner (23521 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DecrossCFR(m): 2:22pm On May 27, 2019
Good day Fam,

I'm an average salary earner and I'll be buying my first car soon preferably Honda EOD 2005 Toks but I've got mixed feelings considering the wide complaints about the spec.

I've been dreaming of that car for long hence your advise is highly solicited on the pros and cons. I don't want a car that will drain me financially. Toyota corolla is another option but my budget can't exceed that.

What should i look out for?

4 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by badoh(m): 3:49pm On May 27, 2019
If you add 100k to that 1.5m, you can still get 2003 Corrola for 1.6m. That's my advise

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DecrossCFR(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2019
badoh:
If you add 100k to that 1.5m, you can still get 2003 Corrola for 1.6m. That's my advise

If only i can get 2004 corolla for that amount.. I still desire EOD

12 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by ChelseaDotCom: 4:36pm On May 27, 2019
I'm in the same shoe with this man...advise are welcome pls....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by justiniyke29: 4:37pm On May 27, 2019
how can someone advice you to pick a corolla over an accord?they are not mate na, the accord main competitor is the camry.
Moreover that corolla is boring, bland, soulless, small, too common and a friend or thiefs.
I wouldnt touch one with a long spoon, buy the accord of big for nothing, maintainance are similar and cheap.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2019
Buy a Civic. Thank me later.

19 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by RZArecta2(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2019
Even Rolls Royce and Ferrari’s have their own issue but some cars are more evil than others. If you decide to go down that Corolla route, be sure to install a tracker and make sure you do comprehensive insurance (no two ways about it) . As per that Accord, if you should buy it, make sure you use recommended transmission fluids (NOT ABRO OR ANY NONSENSE O, contact Luvinghubby if you have doubts) also check your legs regularly in order to prevent stories that touch. Me ? I prefer 07/08 >>> Civic but that’s just me

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by chibjohn(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2019
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by chibjohn(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

I'm an average salary earner and I'll be buying my first car soon preferably Honda EOD 2005 Toks but I've got mixed feelings considering the wide complaints about the spec.

I've been dreaming of that car for long hence your advise is highly solicited on the pros and cons. I don't want a car that will drain me financially. Toyota corolla is another option but my budget can't exceed that.

I have been using 2005 Honda EOD as my first car for a little over a year and I can't stop loving that car. I travelled with it to Aba three times last year and the car never disappointed. Buy a good one and you will never regret it. The drive quality and the sound system is way out of the league of corrolla. Don't listen to people that will tell you the leg pulls out. That only happens if you are not observant and bad at maintenance. Take good care of an EOD and you will never regret it. I drove my friends corolla recently and can tell you it's way below the league of EOD in every ramification except fuel economy.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DecrossCFR(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2019
RZArecta2:
Even Rolls Royce and Ferrari’s have their own issue but some cars are more evil than others. If you decide to go down that Corolla route, be sure to install a tracker and make sure you do comprehensive insurance (no two ways about it) . As per that Accord, if you should buy it, make sure you use recommended transmission fluids (NOT ABRO OR ANY NONSENSE O, contact Luvinghubby if you have doubts) also check your legs regularly in order to prevent stories that touch. Me ? I prefer 07/08 >>> Civic but that’s just me
Many thanks

10 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by DecrossCFR(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2019
chibjohn:

I have been using 2005 Honda EOD as my first car for a little over a year and I can't stop loving that car. I travelled with it to Aba three times last year and the car never disappointed. Buy a good one and you will never regret it. The drive quality and the sound system is way out of the league of corrolla. Don't listen to people that will tell you the leg pulls out. That only happens if you are not observant and bad at maintenance. Take good care of an EOD and you will never regret it. I drove my friends corolla recently and can tell you it's way below the league of EOD in every ramification except fuel economy.
Great one. I really love EOD for its class.

25 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mosho2good: 7:24am On May 28, 2019
*Before I date a girl now, I have to ask her the month in which she was born.*

How can we started dating today then you said tomorrow is your birthday.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by mosho2good: 7:24am On May 28, 2019
*Before I date a girl now, I have to ask her the month in which she was born.*

How can we started dating today then you said tomorrow is your birthday.
����������
��‍⚕

2 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by IamSoProlific: 7:27am On May 28, 2019
I sha wanted to recommend corolla sport as a first timer, but from your comment above it seems you're head bent on the eod or the like.

I'd say you take its maintenance very seriously, always set money aside for unforeseen circumstances as they're most likely to disappoint unplanned especially for a beginner that might not get to notice faulty feels. I started with the accord 2009, never regretted it.

Best of luck.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by KingMicky3286: 7:27am On May 28, 2019
Go for a business... car that will born another car. Public transportation is cheaper in Nigeria now. Car maintenance, fuel and other registrations are expensive.

DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

11 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On May 28, 2019
For a first timer.... A good EOD in a very good condition is a very good choice.

You won't regret it.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by helinues: 7:27am On May 28, 2019
Before you buy your first car, make sure you have extra savings at least half price of the car.

Mechanics, friends, family and colleagues shall take their rights.

Also, should your car get faults, people will first ask about your car before asking about you or your family

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by shortgun(m): 7:28am On May 28, 2019
Go n buy a Benz and stand out... shine like a Star
With that amount u can get a W202.
Zero leg pulling
Zero theft
Minimal maintenance.
Disgrace n humiliate d latest Toyotas n Hondas on d road.
Rugged, unkillable engine grin
Cheap spare parts.
Do ur James bonding on d road with confidence.
Let me stop here wink

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by largeman4u(m): 7:28am On May 28, 2019
Buy a Toyota Corolla. you wont regret buying.

you can check our blog to see over 160 Car deals @ www.largemanmotors..com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by gbefun40(m): 7:28am On May 28, 2019
It's better you drive a good corolla then having a car that won't give you a rest of mind on steering

7 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Amuocha: 7:28am On May 28, 2019
Wait for Mexico hurricane impacted cars to arrive Lagos

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by adecz: 7:29am On May 28, 2019
wink

Don't get distracted by ignorant people,
EOD is a good car.

In fact, Honda Accord models are generally
problem free with low maintenance costs.

I used EOD & DContinues without any problems &
used a Baby Boy V6 before them, so I am an
authority on the cars.

Just get a good one from the git go.

Involve your trusted mechanic during
purchase so that they don't dump a car on you,
that already has issues.

Do your oil change every 10,000km;
Mobil™ XHP is very good & keep an
eye on your Transmission fluid.

Best wishes & happy motoring.

9 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by chloride6: 7:29am On May 28, 2019
grin
Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Preshy561(f): 7:29am On May 28, 2019
So car is your priority?
With your small change that you still need to invest in more profitable business, it's car to carry ladies up and down that's your problem.

18 Likes

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by CarGuideNG: 7:30am On May 28, 2019
DecrossCFR:
Good day Fam,

Whatever your decision turns out to be, ensure you run a comprehensive VIN check or Vehicle History Report on it with the VIN/Chassis Number so you don't end up with a vehicle with dangerous damage.

In addition to the VIN check, also have the car inspected by a reliable professional before you make any payment decisions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner by Nobody: 7:30am On May 28, 2019
I prefer the 2006 camry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh. / Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. / Funny Car Concept For Kia: A Car With A Different Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.