Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State (29826 Views)

President Buhari Speaks On Murder Of Pregnant Lagos Lawyer, Bolanle / Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State / Pastor Masodje & Dead Beauty Ngegbarane: Body Of Pregnant Missing Lady Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by 0gaGist: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2019
Two doctors with the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba, have appeared before the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria Tribunal, to answer charges of gross professional negligence.

The doctors, Iyiola Adewale and Adigba Onodjohwoyovwe, are accused of gross professional negligence which led to the death of a patient in their care.

The prosecuting counsel, Nasiru Aliyu, told the tribunal on Monday in Asaba that the defendants while on duty on March 7, 2017, negligently handled one of their patients, a pregnant woman, Mrs Rita Uchebuego, now late. According to the prosecutor, they allegedly failed to attend to her as appropriate for the management of her condition.

The deceased's husband, Mr Ngozi Uchebuego, an Asaba-based surveyor, alleged negligence by medical personnel at the hospital and called for the dismissal of the medical director and four other doctors.

While the death of the housewife raises some controversies, the hospital management, however, through the Acting Medical Director, Dr. Victor Osiatuma, has maintained that she died of blood transfusion reaction, denying claims of negligence. Read previous LIB report here

Aliyu said the offence is punishable under section 16 of the Medical and Dental Practitioners Act. However, the defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge. Chairman of the tribunal, Prof. Abba Hassan, adjourned the case till Sept. 24, for address.

The tribunal was established for the trial of offences under the medical and dental practitioners act. This is the tribunal’s third session in 2019 and had already convicted some doctors during its second session for professional misconduct.

See more here: http://gistmore.com/two-medical-doctors-on-trial-over-death-of-pregnant-woman-in-delta-state

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by cosby02(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2019
0gaGist:
Lalasticlala
Wetin lala do... Nain be the doctor?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by Luvlyna(f): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2019
Doctors should be very careful please. No excuse for negligence.

Meanwhile..

Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by 4reala(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2019
This is good. Let everyone always be held responsible for their actions. So that we can have a better institutions

36 Likes

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by 48noble(m): 10:30am On Sep 24, 2019
see their defense...nonsense

1 Like

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by NaijaDonCast(m): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
Intellectual gone wrong, you know this medical practitioners modus operandi are similar to prostitutes, pay as u go....hope the husband had fulfilled all righteousness

1 Like

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by money121(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by ursullalinda(f): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
angry Nice one, I always said that if we are held accountable for our actions we will do better and be more careful.

19 Likes

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by saintaustine(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2019
Many doctors are guity of negligence,
Sometimes they equate themselves with God, forgetting they are common human beings too.

16 Likes

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2019
It is good that the case has come to court...

1.Let the evidence be laid out

2.And let us hope this leads to better care and service from our medical personell too.

11 Likes

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by Sonfethopia: 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
Luvlyna:
Doctors should be very careful please. No excuse for negligence.

Meanwhile..

Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact

Abobi if u really wan sell market, upload the device as snap pic as u de use am. No be all those jumia downloads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by 2shure: 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nigeria.
A Hopeless country for the poor and middle class.

1 Like

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by aroundtheworld(f): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2019
okay. Thanks for the info
Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
While the death of the housewife raises some controversies, the hospital management, however, through the Acting Medical Director, Dr. Victor Osiatuma, has maintained that she died of blood transfusion reaction, denying claims of negligence

crySad.

May the truth prevail.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
2shure:
Nigeria.
A Hopeless country for the poor and middle class.

Good you know that..let's vote for another party in 2023 that isn't PDP or APC, and that will guarantee true federalisim, fiscal discipline and the right of secession...

And if no such party exists, form your own, and work for victory.

Stop groaning. You are right...but people have said what you are saying since the 1970's...and even earlier.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2019
More details about the case...loading

Husband's side...

Early morning on Thursday, 9th march my wife called me by 4.52am to come immediately so I can help her, when I got there, she was left alone as the wicked Nigeria doctors and nurses were all sitting carelessly watched her struggle with the oxygen that was fixed on her and calling for help because of her new babies . Her mother was highly restricted from entering the ward according to FMC Asaba tradition. What is happening? I shouted, one useless nurse shouted back, are you not the husband? Go and pay for blood. My wife was shouting, heartbeat please come and help me with the oxygen she was trying to push into her nose. I was in the middle of different decision, please put blood, I pleaded, but they refuse that I should go and pay and bring receipt first. Quickly rush to pay within 7 to 10 minutes, only to come and met my wife lifeless……. So sad! This is after she has delivered a twin; two beautiful girls the previous day. This is my present predicament. MY WIFE DID NOT DIE, MY WIFE WAS KILLED by some wicked and heartless humans who claim to be Doctors and nurses at O and G ward FMC Asaba after I have paid for everything that was needed. This is our 9th month of marriage; our wedding was on the 11th June, 2016.” Read more:

2 Likes

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by ShitHead(m): 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2019
Two Traditional Doctors.

The second doctor's name sounds like incantation already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by solmusdesigns: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2019
angry

finally Board of medical and dental council gets inuagurated now time for crazy doctors to get tackled after a long break of do anyhow you like..

1 Like

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by Brownshugar69: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2019
This is one of the reason I didn't want to be a doctor. People's lives are at your hands! Except God be with you, you cannot do well as a doctor

1 Like

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by lyriclekidd(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
Okay
Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by flowx(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
post=82523045:

crySad.

May the truth prevail.

You even get remorse at all...?

You're very deadly and I hate you with passion.
Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by thesicilian: 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
Brownshugar69:
[b] This is one of the reason I didn't want to be a doctor. People's lives are at your hands! [b] Except God be with you, you cannot do well as a doctor
Then in that case you also cannot be a pilot, driver, captain of a ship, building engineer, president, governor, soldier, security officer of any kind, scientist of any kind, etc

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
Rip to them

1 Like

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by joytothewise(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
This new nairaland upgrade dey affect eye

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by alsudaes1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
saintaustine:
Many doctors are guity of negligence,
Sometimes they equate themselves with God, forgetting they are common human beings too.
Of course yes, they feel they ain't answerable to anyone, especially those working in the Teaching Hospitals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by slawomir: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
Okay
Re: Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
Brownshugar69:
This is one of the reason I didn't want to be a doctor. People's lives are at your hands! Except God be with you, you cannot do well as a doctor
Doctors care.
God heals.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osogbo Boys Protest Against 'EFCC's Harassment' (Pictures) / 20 Yahoo-Yahoo Boys Arrested In Benin City / Husband And Wife Arrested For Torturing 13-Year-Old Nephew In Delta. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.