Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses (98718 Views)

Yahoo Boy Who Posed As US Army Officer To Scam Ladies Arrested (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by soliuwap(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
Man arrested over alleged N500m credit card fraud

A 30-year-old suspected internet fraudster, Victor Ojionu, who specialized in hacking into credits cards belonging to Nigerians and foreign nationals, have been arrested by operatives of the Inspector General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, for stealing over N500 million within the space of five years.

It was gathered that Ojionu, who is currently undergoing interrogation at the Abuja office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), was alleged to have succeeded in defrauding his victims using a popular online retail site, Amazon.com, where he allegedly sells books.

Sources disclosed that the Imo State-born suspect, designed a payment portal, known as Payoneer, which he linked to his book-selling website on Amazon.com and he steals credits cards details and identities of its owner using his payment portal.

It was gathered further that when Ojionu succeeds in stealing the credit cards details of his victims, he would proceed in buying baby dippers, wipers, wrist watches and other expensive items from another online retail store, Alibaba.com in China and send the purchased items to Ghana, where they would be sold to his waiting buyers.

A source explained that after the items has been sold, Ojionu would travel to Ghana, retrieve his money from his buyers and would send the proceeds to Nigeria through a Bureau de Change operator. The source added that the suspect has succeeded in buying two expensive cars, three mansions in Abuja, Cross Rivers State and his hometown in Imo from proceeds of his scam. It was also learnt that the suspect has a property under construction at Dabo Estate at Life Camp area of Abuja.

Ojionu ran into trouble recently when one of his victims alerted the police and the EFCC about the theft of his credit card details and the subsequent withdrawals from his accounts, running into millions of naira.

The IRT team was drafted to investigate the case and also arrest and hand over the suspect to the EFCC for onward prosecution. It was learnt that Ojionu was trailed to one of his mansions in Abuja and he confessed during his arrest that he was into internet fraud.

The electrical engineering graduate of the University of Nigeria Nsukka, stated that he became an internet fraudster in 2015, during his National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) in Calabar, Cross Rivers State.

“I learned the internet fraud business in 2015 during my NYSC days in Cross Rivers and I bought a house worth N60 million from the deal before I relocated to Abuja, where I bought another house for N65 million. What I do is mainly on Alibaba by trading with hacked credits cards. I buy my goods in China and sell them in Ghana and I bring the proceed to Nigeria where I have invested large portion of it on properties.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/man-arrested-over-alleged-n500m-credit-card-fraud/amp/

The suspect at one of his property under construction in Dabo Estate, Life Camp area, Abuja

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Flexherbal(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2019
Crime does not have a happy end.

258 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by marshalldgreat(m): 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hmm
Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by thorpido(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2019
No matter how much you think you have hit it big through fraud,there's just that one day that a transaction becomes the trigger to investigations and subsequent arrest.

Not worth it on the long run.Now he's going to have the houses confiscated and go to prison.

299 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
What did you gain in stealing people's hard earn money? I wonder how they feel flirting with riches that belongs to someone suffering, may Amadioha strike you dead in EFCC custody. Idiot

182 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Alex80s(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
Is EFCC going to return the money to the owners ?

204 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by jayson87: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
the guy said he designed payoneer... LWKMD

282 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Aladdin1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
Him water don "loo".

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Young03(m): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
I wan learn work from this guy

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Gulher: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2019
this writeup is educative in a bad way

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Nickshrapnel: 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
I hate fraudsters!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by nicepoker101(m): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
And he enjoyed prison happily ever after

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by livebyday(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by COURVOISier(m): 12:03am On Sep 25, 2019
So kdp na scam to our security operatives? Lmao, and he designed payoneer. I give up. grin

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by collins88(m): 1:55am On Sep 25, 2019
Alex80s:
Is EFCC going to return the money to the owners ?
You ask a very important Question, is about time the National House of assembly should deliberate on this matter.

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Barryseal: 3:22am On Sep 25, 2019
jayson87:
the guy said he designed payoneer... LWKMD
And the police believed him. Shows the Nigerian police is populated with stark illiterates.

212 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 25, 2019
He stole credit card details from his payment portal.... Payooner How does this make sense

He sells books on Amazon... Na d scam be dat??

Anyway using hacked credit cards is bad enough....

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Academicwizman(m): 7:36am On Sep 25, 2019
COURVOISier:
So kdp na scam to our security operatives? Lmao, and he designed payoneer. I give up. grin

Payoneer is his website? Intelligence at its peak! Considering this obvious 'inaccuracy' in this purported investigation, the guy might be doing a legit business. Unless, otherwise, the website he owns is a fishing site mimicking payoneer. Payoneer is a legit site.

Note: I do not absolve the suspected criminal of his crime but pointing out the inaccuracy of the statement that ' he owns payoneer'. If it is a Phishing site (a lookalike) that he owns, then it should be explicitly stated and not that he owns Payoneer. This becomes important because many of our law enforcement officers may begin to arrest anyone with a Payoneer card/account tagging it fraud.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Sirnose(m): 7:54am On Sep 25, 2019
See the way people are wasting intelligence.. cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Barryseal: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2019
Academicwizman:

Payoneer is his website? Intelligence at its peak! Considering this obvious 'inaccuracy' in this purported investigation, the guy might be doing a legit business. Unless, otherwise, the website he owns is a fishing site mimicking payoneer. Payoneer is a legit site.
I hate cyber fraudsters but I have a feeling this guy is doing a legit buisness. He's an Amazon Kindle publisher and Amazon is a very protected site. No way he can set up a phishing site with a backlink to Amazon. He may have been tortured into admitting he set up "payoneer".
The guy will be walking home free if he gets a good lawyer. The illiteracy in our law enforcement rank and file is staggering. Most of them got into police with forged certificates.

245 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by ruggedtimi(m): 8:38am On Sep 25, 2019
Becareful how you use ur debit/credit card details online.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Fingerlins: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2019
cool
Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by satowind(m): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2019
This Yahoo dey pay oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Kendumazy(m): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2019
Mheen! Now, Alibaba, amazon, payoneer will toughen their security system which will affect alot of innocent buyers. This is not a good news for us at all. If this story is true, this is not nice at all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by Zombiekiller010: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2019
Space booked
Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by midnighter(f): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2019
Cant believe somebody really answers "Ojionu" as a name...

He could just steal the initial money and then invest it. Stealing and stealing for years is a very stup!d business plan,at least you could wash the money clean with legit business so there will be no paper trail

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Ojionu: Yahoo Boy Who Bought N125m Houses During His NYSC, Confesses by yomalex(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2019
Chai
He designed payoneer? I dey laugh o

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mansions Owned By Notorious Criminal, Evans (Photos) / Photos Of Libya Slave Trade, Torture & Killings Surface (Viewer's Discretion) / Missing 17-Year-Old Girl, Lemachi, Found With 2 Boys, Lodged In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.