Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. (16617 Views)

Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time / 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / Dangers Of Placing Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by deelabs(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
Warning Lights to Observe On The Dashboard.

Dashboard warning light signs.
When something goes wrong with your car, a signal funnels through the electrical system and into the dashboard. This way, the driver is informed that there is a problem with the system, hence the display of different warning lights.

But what do they really mean?
Don't worry, in this article, you will learn the meaning of the most common warning lights.

1. Oil Pressure Warning
What it means: Your engine is running low on oil, or there is a problem with your car's oil pressure system.

How to solve it: You should always start to check the engine oil level at the dipstick of your car. If you can’t find your engine oil's dipstick, check your service manual for the correct information. If the oil level is OK and the light is still ON, it can be a problem with the oil level sensor or the wires to it, and it needs proper troubleshooting.

2. fuel level indicator light
What it means: This light means that the fuel level in your fuel tank is low and it’s time to refill it.

How to solve it: Normally, you have to refill your fuel tank to make this light turn OFF. If the fuel tank is full and the symbol is still there, there might be a problem with the fuel level tank sensor.To diagnose this problem, I recommend to let a skilled car electrician take a look at it.

3. Antilock break warning
What it means: There is an issue with your anti-lock brake system that needs to be diagnosed and fixed.
How to solve it: To get rid of the ABS Light, the easiest way is to read your trouble code memory. In most cases, there is a problem with an ABS ring, sensor or the wirings to it. But to find the right wheel to troubleshoot you have to read the trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner. You can also check the fuses for the ABS control unit.

4. Battery alert
What it means: The car's charging system is short of power. You are running solely on battery.
How to solve it: To fix this problem, you have to measure the voltage the alternator is charging the battery on idle. A fast an easy trick you can test if you can reach your alternator is to give it a small hit with a hammer when the car is on idle to see if the light disappears. If the light fades after the run, it means that the coals in the alternator are worn out and they have to be replaced, or in most cases, replace the whole alternator.

5. Tire Pressure Warning Light
What it means: The pressure in one or more of your tires is too low and needs to be attended to.
How to solve it: To fix the Tire pressure monitoring system light, you should first make sure that you have the correct Tire pressure in all your tires. After you have filled the tire pressure light, you have to reset the TPMS system. To reset the TPMS system several ways are depending on what car you have, some vehicles you just have to drive it for 15 minutes, and some cars do have a button for the reset.
https://carpartsnigeria.com/blogdetails/428

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Youmie234: 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
Alright then
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Freemanbobble: 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
Story
All these warnings go show for dash board if na better Moto

But the type when we dey drive for Nigeria nor go show anything

4 Likes

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
A good percentage of vehicles in Nigeria don't have most of these warning lights

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Olukologia24592(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Let me know these now o. I'll soon buy car sha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Today na car day angry angry
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Offpoint: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
The only 'Dash board' I know of is the dash board on Wordpress.

If only nairaland mod stopped removing my graphics design ad here, I'd have owned a car by now.

2 Likes

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nice
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by idesylvester(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Thanks OP, the number 5 is so common with me like hell
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by judetov2(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
Who cares?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by GentleMoney: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
mine was blinking this week. faulty coil
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by cenaman(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
My BMW car is 5years old, i drove it everyday but never been to any machenic work shop for repair before. the most suprising is that i haven't refuel it since the day i bought it.....

1 Like

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by ursullalinda(f): 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
OP thanks for enlightening me.... just learnt something new
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Tonysmith4sure(m): 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
I will check for the lights on the dashboard of my car on PS3 car race. Thank you.
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
Even people wey no get car go rush comment
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by nwamabo247(m): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
Good info for those who have car PLEASE dear nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.see my signature below for more details.

2 Likes

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Slimsly100(f): 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Freemanbobble:
Story
All these warnings go show for dash board if na better Moto

But the type when we dey drive for Nigeria nor go show anything
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Adarich(m): 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2019
Mine was brake light. Honda babyboy, just topped hydraulic reservoir and the light went off instantly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Gwan2(m): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
OP that yellow coloured sign showing the car on line track between the speedometer and the trichometer is what? My car showed it for days and it disappeared on its own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by GindoX(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
My BMW car is 5years old, i drove it everyday but never been to any machenic work shop for repair before. the most suprising is that i haven't refuel it since the day i bought it.....

Eweeey grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by ikdaddy01(m): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2019
Adarich:
Mine was brake light. Honda babyboy, just topped hydraulic reservoir and the light went off instantly!
Did you check your brake pads first b4 topping?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by iswallker(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
where is the check engine warning and the security light...
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
I bought an Honda Odyssey 2003 with almost all the Warning lights showing, I took it to my electrician to scan and fix the problem, at the end of the day he returned the car with all the warning light off, I paid him handsomely and promised to recommend him to as many people as possible, by chance after weeks I noticed at night I still see light emitting faintly from the warning signs, had to go to another electrician who opened the dashboard display in my presence and behold, the other electrician used buds of tissue paper to block each of the bulb shinning through the dashboard indicators and in some he removed the bulbs, I told the new electrician to remove the tissue papers and replace the bulbs, behold nothing was done by the previous electrician and I had recommended him to so many people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by Kekekenny(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
That former electrician na Saka..if na me I go arrest am
Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by waaclef(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
Thank you for the enlightenment. I wish each warning light mentioned have a picture attached.

2 Likes

Re: Warning Lights To Observe On The Dashboard. by saasala(m): 12:28am On Oct 05, 2019
flavnwokem:
I bought an Honda Odyssey 2003 with almost all the Warning lights showing, I took it to my electrician to scan and fix the problem, at the end of the day he returned the car with all the warning light off, I paid him handsomely and promised to recommend him to as many people as possible, by chance after weeks I noticed at night I still see light emitting faintly from the warning signs, had to go to another electrician who opened the dashboard display in my presence and behold, the other electrician used buds of tissue paper to block each of the bulb shinning through the dashboard indicators and in some he removed the bulbs, I told the new electrician to remove the tissue papers and replace the bulbs, behold nothing was done by the previous electrician and I had recommended him to so many people.

Warning lights can light up on your dashboard for two years and nothing go happen.

I have 4 warning lights beeming into my eyes everyday for the past 6 months and nothing do my car.

Na naija we dey. You are safe.

(1) (Reply)

How To Read Traffic Signs: Recognizing Shapes And Colors / Everyone Is Dumping Sedans For Crossovers / 10 Of The Most Famous Luxury Car Bonnet Ornaments Or Mascots Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.