Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Do You Regret Your 2:2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Regret Your 2:2 (20911 Views)

I Regret Going To The University / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Olhomes: 12:58am On Sep 26, 2019
I'm a current undergraduate here in Nigeria, but almost a month from my final exams.
There's no magic that can make me achieve a 2:1 no matter what my grades are in this final exams.

To be honest, it hurts me a bit whenever I remember my GPA knowing that I could have done better.

I'm really curious,
Graduates in the house who graduated with 2:2, are there points where you feel like you actually regretted your GPA?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by clive2u(m): 1:01am On Sep 26, 2019
There are first class holders riding keke and 2:2 holders working in big companies. Leave am for God

214 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Easykel21(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2019
Pray for grace ma Gee, pray for Grace, na Naija we dey, all na the same, what matters most is grace and what you can do, or bring to the table, not what your paper says...
Although on the other hand, getting scholarships abroad may be a Lil difficult, but nothing God can't do through Grace...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Olhomes: 6:48am On Sep 26, 2019
Lalasticlacla

Please help us push to front page
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Olhomes: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2019
Easykel21:
Pray for grace ma Gee, pray for Grace, na Naija we dey, all na the same, what matters most is grace and what you can do, or bring to the table, not what your paper says...
Although on the other hand, getting scholarships abroad may be a Lil difficult, but nothing God can't do through Grace...
I don't really have much problem with getting a job

I was able to pick up coding as a CS student while in school and have started applying to jobs now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Easykel21(m): 6:54am On Sep 26, 2019
Then you have nothing to worry about bro
Olhomes:

I was able to pick up coding as a CS student while in school and have started applying to jobs now

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by GavelSlam: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2019
Above all, know the course you studied.

Some really have no clue.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Makz: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2019
clive2u:
There are first class holders riding keke and 2:2 holders working in big companies. Leave am for God

In addition Mr. Poster, there's something called GRACE. Dino Melaye speaks volumes.

18 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by CaveAdullam: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2019
If bachelor's degree is your benchmark for measuring success you will wail with your 2:2 until Jesus comes. But if it is not, you better choose a niche you find pleasure and that you are passionate about. With this mentality you can dig deeper in your choice of endeavor and harvest all hidden golds.

The world today is not after people with good degrees because they are seen almost everywhere, the world revolves around men and women who are creative, know everything about the little things they do, provide goods and services that are worthy of help and are able to find a comfort zone during the odd hours of life.

If you are successful in life nobody will ask after your degree but what is inside your head that you are carrying.

Thanks.

God bless.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by peeps4u: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2019
Olhomes:

Please, just be good at IT. With professional skills like coding, your grade doesnt even matter. If it is by your certificate, I have to be factual with you, with 2.2, getting a good job is slim except a govt job. Check all these private companies, they require 2.1 at least. And to crown it all, if you experience delay getting a job due to 2.2, you keep getting older, once you clock 30, e don dey red totally be that.

But I'm happy for you, IT is the biggest thing now. I've read a story of a trained lawyer, who after looking for good jobs for years switched to IT skill he learnt in 3 months (the IT skill wasn't mentioned though), applied for jobs and already got 6 figure salary job.

You even have prospect of applying for foreign jobs with IT skill. Someone just told the story of his female friend who applied for IT jobs in Luxembourg from Nigeria and got it and now in Germany with her family.

Be focus on that IT

This isn't not to say one can't get job with 2.2, but the reality is that, the chances are usually slim and left to luck.

Good luck

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Regiomontanus(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2019
Commenters on this thread, don't deceive yourselves. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by peeps4u: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2019
CaveAdullam:
If bachelor's degree is your benchmark for measuring success you will wail with your 2:2 until Jesus comes. But if it is not, you better choose a niche you find pleasure and that you are passionate about. With this mentality you can dig deeper in your choice of endeavor and harvest all hidden golds.

The world today is not after people with good degrees because they are seen almost everywhere, the world revolves around men and women who are creative, know everything about the little things they do, provide goods and services that are worthy of help and are able to find a comfort zone during the odd hours of life.

If you are successful in life nobody will ask after your degree but what is inside your head that you are carrying.

Thanks.

God bless.

This is more like my advice.

OP, with 2.2, make your skill your priority and build on yourself. If you get good job with your 2.2, you will see it as luck or miracle, don't wait for good jobs with 2.2, especially if you've got no connection, the only viable option and sure jobs now are teaching. Waiting for jobs for years is depressing and I don't wish anyone.

People are saying grace, how many people or what's the percentage of people with 2.2 that have got that grace?

Don't leave your life at the mercy of "grace" with 2.2. Start thinking outside the box

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by CaveAdullam: 10:22am On Sep 26, 2019
peeps4u:

This is more like my advice.

OP, with 2.2, make your skill your priority and build on yourself. If you get good job with your 2.2, you will see it as luck or miracle, don't wait for good jobs with 2.2, especially if you've got no connection, the only viable option and sure jobs now are teaching. Waiting for jobs for years is depressing and I don't wish anyone.

People are saying grace, how many people or what's the percentage of people with 2.2 that have got that grace?

Don't leave your life at the mercy of "grace" with 2.2. Start thinking outside the box
you are very correct.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by TissuePaper: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2019
Lol even 2.2 grads are complaining, that means 3rd class grads should start committing suicide na ...no hope for those ones

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by kelvyn7: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2019
Never, it doesn't matter.
Just learn an IT skill.

IT is the way to go

I am a developer and I am a happy man smiley

My advice to someone without a job out there, go and learn an IT skill now... in a few years you will thank your God you did.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Jacseyi(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2019
People should not regret........having access to education should be more than grade

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by quinnboy: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2019
What's 2:2?
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2019
Life out there is more than all these school grades.
Especially from Naija schools.
You will understand better when you are out of school.

First class will not give you the best life,
Neither 2.2 will give you a bad life.

IT'S ALL IN YOU!

CONTROL YOUR FUTURE,
CONTROL YOUR LIFE.
CONTROL YOUR DESTINY.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by aybabz101: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2019
I hates it the way people paints 2:2 as a very bad grade. I went to oau and graduated from Biochemistry department with the 2:2. I worked my ass out to get that grade and I am proud of it. only 4 persons graduated with 2:1 from my set and no first class. the best student from this set had a cgpa of 3.7.

I got a job in one of the commercial banks as a loan officer- although a contract staff- and I realize that even ppl with d so called first class and 2:1 grads who are my 'ogas' are not up to my standard- with all humility. I wrote their mails for them and draw out their presentations. I also had an interview with an NGO called CLAP- community life advancement project- and I performed better than most of the first class and 2:1's there. All these made me realize that I needed to fortify myself.

I resigned from the job after 1.6 yrs and took a masters form from a top university determined to come out with distinction. I am also taking a programming lesson every weekend to booster my skills.

what I can tell u is this...this life is not always about your grade its.........about u, luck or grace and the people u know and those who knows u.

the truth is the situation of the country right now is not palatable especially to the lower class because of lack of connection but I can tell u grade is not a barrier these days its u.....

many companies still accept 2:2 though they may not be multinational companies like d oil companies, and breweries; but I am sure most companies still do like pz and cadbury.
if u don't get those, start from somewhere.... build a career. apply online and even here on nairaland and build urself especially professionally and I believe the sky will b ur starting point.

I am still a hustler but I can tell u of friends who graduated from medicine yet no sustainable job. na from one private hospital to another and a first class friend after searching for job we are doing masters together now. every one of us.....na hope we still dey hope.

brother change ur perspective oooo there is always hope if u believe

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Asowebdesign: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2019
When you graduate you will understand life better...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by William5432: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2019
Na grace wey fit do you that good.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by TissuePaper: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2019
quinnboy:
What's 2:2?
how old are u boy?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2019
Hell naw!!

I was told to make a first class during my undergraduate. I replied my coz, dont have plans to make a 2.1. Came out with a 3.35 CGPA. But I'm still alive and enjoying life's ride. I didn't go to school to make good grades. I went to school to meet new humans and learn.

Thinking of going back to do my PhD. But fvck school and grades. Making money is the new school. If you ask President Buhari or Hushpappi, they gon tell you the same..fvck school, living the good life is the new school.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by DevilhimseIf: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2019
[s]
post=82578176:
Life is more than all these school grades.
You will understand better when you are out of school.

First class will not give you the best life,
Neither 2.2 will give you a bad life.

IT'S ALL IN YOU!

CONTROL YOUR FUTURE
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Realgboyega(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2019
Newly Built 4 Bedrooms Terrace Duplex FOR SALE
Adedeji Adekola Close, Off Freedom Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos

PRICE : 130,000,000

CALL: RILWAN; 07063011326

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by siraj1402(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2019
Not really, but in some cases you will feel like regretting most especially in the area of scholarships for master or phD.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Olarewaju89: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2019
How can i regret my grade for what na?
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Juliearth(f): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2019
Olhomes:
I'm a current undergraduate here in Nigeria, but almost a month from my final exams.
There's no magic that can make me achieve a 2:1 no matter what my grades are in this final exams.

To be honest, it hurts me a bit whenever I remember my GPA knowing that I could have done better.

I'm really curious,
Graduates in the house who graduated with 2:2, are there points where you feel like you actually regretted your GPA?

Hey! Graduating with that class of degree is not a death sentence. Equip yourself with marketable skills( CCNP and the likes), an MSc probably and see these employers rush you like a piece of hot Akara. All the best!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unijos Admission Thread 2017/18 Academic Session / What Were You Known For In Secondary School? Share For Fun. / Uniabuja Students Protest Over The Death Of A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.