Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Do You Regret Your 2:2 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Regret Your 2:2 (20906 Views)

I Regret Going To The University / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by chinchonglee(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2019
clive2u:
There are first class holders riding keke and 2:2 holders working in big companies. Leave am for God
Be deceiving ursef

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2019
Just graduate, millions are not and just be grateful that you are, time and chance happeneth to all, the race is not for the swift neither the battle for the strong but all is determined by Almighty God. So cheer up, after all your president is a stark illiterate, didn't even obtain ordinary school cert. So be of a good cheer.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by chinchonglee(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2019
yinkarh187:
Scam. How many 1st class students have you seen riding kèké? This dodo don burn tey tey
Leave dem.. dey shuld be deceiving demselves.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Thane(m): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2019
tundeloveday:
Not true mate.....I finished with a 2.2 and I am living my life through scholarship abroad. Now I am aiming to achieve my life long dream of travelling round the world. Grade or not, Wake up every morning and start talking to your destiny. Dream big. Be smart. Don’t let anybody talk you down. Even without knowing your worth with a first class degree, you will be talked down and will stoop low.

Bros, I'm currently serving and I'm looking for oversea cholarships to apply too. Please can you give me some tips. I can drop my number
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by webizone(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2019
Mpcoll001:
... No, I didn't. I was actually on 4.2 in my yr 1(studied physics, unilag). When I got to yr 2 I had 3 F's grin, I wanted to die embarassed but I just told myself that this isn't the end of life. I can't let ordinary grade define my life.. Las las I graduated with 3.7 or so (can't actually remember sef) without an extra year..

Please do check my siggy and threads

Please help my hustle and patronize us o so that we can have bigger store smiley

Na so guy. U think say na first class u dey nah after d 1st year. 2nd year, lecturers go con clear ya eyes. Lol. Me and u, na d same experience for school be that. My own na missing result I pack 4 2nd year. Naija schools have a way of discouraging their students. Why do you think people are surprised when they see our citizens doing well in foreign universities/climes? Lastly, it will be alright na.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Blankstare(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2019
Juliearth:

Hey! Graduating with that class of degree is not a death sentence. Equip yourself with marketable skills( CCNP and the likes), an MSc probably and see these employers rush you like a piece of hot Akara. All the best!

Pls what's CNPP about?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by stunningjudy(f): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2019
I regret it sometimes only because I can't apply for certain jobs but guess what? I have a good paying job which most with 2:1 do not have but pray to have. Just know that making a 2:2 means u have to do extra and be dogged!

The degree is an advantage but you ought to have content as well.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Darkseid(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2019
blessednigga:
lie
Did you study physics or do you think I'm talking about secondary school physics here?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Masterpiece77: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2019
JahBwoy:
the biggest resource in learning an IT skill is time ... nothing good comes easy bro..
Thanks for this one bro.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2019
JahBwoy:
the biggest resource in learning an IT skill is time ... nothing good comes easy bro..
ok which IT skill can i learn? Nd mind u am a political science graduate
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by kaliboi94(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2019
clive2u:
There are first class holders riding keke and 2:2 holders working in big companies. Leave am for God
Leave am for God bro. No be lie
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
Olhomes:
I'm a current undergraduate here in Nigeria, but almost a month from my final exams.
There's no magic that can make me achieve a 2:1 no matter what my grades are in this final exams.

To be honest, it hurts me a bit whenever I remember my GPA knowing that I could have done better.

I'm really curious,
Graduates in the house who graduated with 2:2, are there points where you feel like you actually regretted your GPA?

Don't regret anything bro, the only thing you'd regret even more is if you did not learn the basic substance of what you studied in school, and how to apply it in real life.

So dust yourself, look past your grade, and think more about how to apply the knowledge you have acquired. Think of how to support that grade, I mean by way of additional certifications, internships, apprenticeships, work for free (to gain experience if you can), people that didn't go to school are the ones that have the money in this country, so what's the cry about grade??

Master's degree can come wayyy later, if you don't intend on being a lecturer, don't take any advice of going for a master's to support your 2:2, it never works!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Fidelismaria: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
tundeloveday:
Not true mate.....I finished with a 2.2 and I am living my life through scholarship abroad. Now I am aiming to achieve my life long dream of travelling round the world. Grade or not, Wake up every morning and start talking to your destiny. Dream big. Be smart. Don’t let anybody talk you down. Even without knowing your worth with a first class degree, you will be talked down and will stoop low.

What scholarship are you on?
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by ElSherriff: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2019
At some point I did, but you know what? I then proceeded to get several certifications including a doctorate and today I dont regret anymore!
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by TempleHouse: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
clive2u:
Prof Wole Soyinka had 3rd Class Honours degree.
Late Gani Fawehimmi had 3rd Class Honours degree.
Former FBN MD Abubakar Murtallab also had 3rd Class Degree
There are many Professors in Nigerian Universities today with 2.2 1st degrees.
The list is inexhaustible !
Believe in your dream !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
francisgodstime:
ok which IT skill can i learn? Nd mind u am a political science graduate

Doesn't matter what course you graduated from, what matters is what you want to do, what you want to be...then learn how to be or do that.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by maisauki: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
clive2u:
mark Zuckerberg, owner of facebook, is a dropout same as Bill Gates

u c, dear, it's better for you to go to school to get informed not necessarily because of the grades
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Pacesetter123(m): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
quinnboy:
What's 2:2?
It means draw game shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by kelvyn7: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
yinkarh187:
Can I pm you?
yes pls
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by kelvyn7: 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
Fvckmoderators:

wHAt codes did you learn?

Javascript, css, html, typescript, angular

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by kelvyn7: 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
francisgodstime:
pls which IT skill can i learn cos am a political science graduate nd what d cost of learning it.

What ever you read in school doesn't matter at all pls.
There are many areas in IT. you have to choose one and focus on it, eg IT security, Networks, Web Development, IT Support.

Social Media management and Digital Marketing is also a good area
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mpcoll001:
... No, I didn't. I was actually on 4.2 in my yr 1(studied physics, unilag). When I got to yr 2 I had 3 F's grin, I wanted to die embarassed but I just told myself that this isn't the end of life. I can't let ordinary grade define my life.. Las las I graduated with 3.7 or so (can't actually remember sef) without an extra year..

Please do check my siggy and threads

Please help my hustle and patronize us o so that we can have bigger store smiley

ur watsapp num
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Fabulous0019(m): 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
aybabz101:
I hates it the way people paints 2:2 as a very bad grade. I went to oau and graduated from Biochemistry department with the 2:2. I worked my ass out to get that grade and I am proud of it. only 4 persons graduated with 2:1 from my set and no first class. the best student from this set had a cgpa of 3.7.

I got a job in one of the commercial banks as a loan officer- although a contract staff- and I realize that even ppl with d so called first class and 2:1 grads who are my 'ogas' are not up to my standard- with all humility. I wrote their mails for them and draw out their presentations. I also had an interview with an NGO called CLAP- community life advancement project- and I performed better than most of the first class and 2:1's there. All these made me realize that I needed to fortify myself.

I resigned from the job after 1.6 yrs and took a masters form from a top university determined to come out with distinction. I am also taking a programming lesson every weekend to booster my skills.

what I can tell u is this...this life is not always about your grade its.........about u, luck or grace and the people u know and those who knows u.

the truth is the situation of the country right now is not palatable especially to the lower class because of lack of connection but I can tell u grade is not a barrier these days its u.....

many companies still accept 2:2 though they may not be multinational companies like d oil companies, and breweries; but I am sure most companies still do like pz and cadbury.
if u don't get those, start from somewhere.... build a career. apply online and even here on nairaland and build urself especially professionally and I believe the sky will b ur starting point.

I am still a hustler but I can tell u of friends who graduated from medicine yet no sustainable job. na from one private hospital to another and a first class friend after searching for job we are doing masters together now. every one of us.....na hope we still dey hope.

brother change ur perspective oooo there is always hope if u believe

oshe!!!
graduating with 2:2 in ogba femi no b beans... u have to read ur life out for that... you can even be compared to some pole with first class in other universities...
guy u try ooo...
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Yakzo(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Since when has 2.2 become a bad result? Majority of succesful people you see around graduated with 2.2
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by velmajdennis: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
These are old stories with a new breath. I recently listened to the song Loneliness. It reminded me of old Germany and my studies at the university. We studied poetry and wrote essays on philosophical topics [url]https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/freedom-of-speech/ [/url]. These times are associated with freedom of speech and loneliness. This is freedom of thought with notes of melancholy.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
Make i yarn in our local parlance...
if na by certificate or grade, Bubu no go tyrant us for our naija while Bros Osi turn to state visiting prof.
Bro when i enter uni..i be triangle studant o not untill "THREE IDIOTS" format my brain...see bai, use the remaining months fish out big sharks among students and connect with them..most of them have slots wey no need grade sef and is paying.. Na from experience i dey talk o..since 2012 wey i grad i never search for Jab but has been changing o and they are top notch..another fed own still dey pipeline now sef.
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Benjakido: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
It does not matter bro, just make sure u have a sufficient Affidavit and u will not even need ur cert
Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by magnificient7: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
It's so unfortunate we compare our selves with ourselves and on the basis of that, decide if we are failing or succeeding.

Op, u have identified your own problem, u said u could have done better, that's a great lesson you need to learn. If you try your very best subsequently, you would achieve excellence.

Truth be told, their is no glory graduating with 2.2. forget about all the people saying they are doing good with 2.2. it's either they learnt their lesson and buckled up, or they are swimming in mediocrity not knowing where they would have been if they have added a little more deligience.

Only few things are as painful as seeing a job ad you can do, but your grade disqualifies you.

Don't get me wrong,I believe in grace in its entirety, but let that grace produce excellence and not otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by ubcandid(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
Olamiconqueror:
The truth of the matter is that everyone is talking from their own opinions probably experiences. If I may say, there is more to life and getting jobs in Nigeria of today. Please for all undergraduates especially those that do not have any connection, ensure to graduate with good grades, that alone will open doors for you. Then your skills, attitude and capacities that you are expected to have acquired in a contemporary school beyond grades will keep you there. But just imagine not having good grades and connections in Nigeria of today, it's a big problem getting jobs. Don't let anybody deceive you, whatever worth doing at all is what doing well. In your own case brother, I wish you all the best. It is good you have planned for alternative by learning coding. Do well in coding and explore! Thanks.

Exactly bro, most people who got jobs through connection would come and make themselves an exemplary case when na push them push them. The bulk of 2:1 without jobs don't have the connect while the bulk of 2:2 with MEANINGFUL jobs na connect.

Just like my field Petroleum Engineering, guys don dey house tire. Even best for department them, all who got job in the field even with good grades na connect.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Your 2:2 by Synord(m): 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
kelvyn7:
Never, it doesn't matter.
Just learn an IT skill.

IT is the way to go

I am a developer and I am a happy man smiley

My advice to someone without a job out there, go and learn an IT skill now... in a few years you will thank your God you did.

bro. Good afternoon .. please I am interested in this IT skills of a thing.. Please I will be happy and appreciate if I can get some directions and advice from a seasoned expert like you please..can I private message ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of The Punishment Did You Hate Back At School. / FIDEI Polytechnic Gboko Protest, Police Accused Of Killing 2 Students (Pics) / Uniabuja Students Protest Over The Death Of A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.