Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive (52078 Views)

How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Doctor Divorces His Beauty Queen Wife After Discovering She's A Secret Call Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by CHARLOE(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hobbsandshaw:

Bros, I wish you know me o, for you and the others that have been calling me all sort of names, I'm not a weak man,I just married the wrong woman.
Good, then prove you're not weak by taking decisive decision to safeguard ur life. This is no time for pity party, let her face d consequences of her wicked acts. Too many men have lost their lives to manipulative n wicked women.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Legendguru: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sad
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Lugianostar(m): 6:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
These maybe yellow fever syndrome and not HIV as you presume?
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Sadiama: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
This is so sad. A union built on deceit isn't marriage, however, the deed has been done and from op's explanation it's obvious he doesn't want a broken home cos of the kids. Pls find a place in ur heart to forgive her. Every marriage has it's ups and downs.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Debaiz: 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hobbsandshaw:

Even doctors are suprised.We have been doing skin to skin for over 6yrs now.From what I gathered, she discovered her status sometime in 2014.

The earlier you let her know you’re aware the better cos by the time she discovered herself that you’re aware, she might infect you and claim you gave it to her.

Let her know that you’re aware. Let her beg for forgiveness and if you want to forgive her then forgive her but if you cannot then move on. If she should know that you’re aware or suspecting, I’m afraid you won’t be safe.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by malele(m): 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
Kalixx:

This statement reeks of dark-age absolute ignorance. angry

Pls bro, no offence, you need serious enlightenment.

Bro u are the ignorant one here. So ignorant and pls don’t take it to the grave .
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Enemyofpeace: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
prettysom:

Enemy of peace, my job is all about managing HIV patients. That is what I do everyday. And this is similar to what we see on a regular bases. All I said is fact based. So you can use your parents for rituals now.
keep lying. To use you do sacrifice to sango just dey hungry me like shawarma

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Solsix(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hobbsandshaw:
I need mature advice from nairalanders.

I got married to my wife December,2015. The marriage is now blessed with two boys, the 2nd boy came last month.

The issue now is that I just discovered my wife is HIV positive during this 2nd pregnancy.The woman that I showed so much love tricked me into marrying her knowing fully well that she was HIV positive. I'm not really angry because she is HIV positive,I'm angry because she has been playing me all along.

She was in the Uni in another state while we were dating.Almost to the end of her study in 2014, she called that she was pregnant after I visited.She came to Lagos with PT and scan results to prove her claim.She then pressured me into paying her bride price before the pregnancy become public.We did our traditional marriage and went to the registry.Months after the marriage,my wife said the pregnancy has mysteriously disappeared, blaming it on "village people",but the gentle man in me didn't allow me to read any meaning to the movie.She tricked me into marrying her with the fake pregnancy after discovering she is HIV positive.

She eventually took in(for real this time),she came back from antenatal one afternoon crying, when I enquired what the issue was, she told me that they booked her for C-SECTION,that the doctor said the baby's weight is below 2kg and will almost be impossible for her to have the baby by herself,I was there consoling her not knowing that the doctor opted for C-SECTION because she is HIV positive.She actually told them not to disclose her status to me.The baby was 3.6kg at birth.My son was giving Nevirapine.I did some search and discovered that the drug is an antiretroviral drug,I became worried but I still played it down.

Her lid finally blew when she started antenatal for this my 2nd son in a different hospital, maybe she might have thought to herself that at this point there is nothing I will do any more, she told me that the doctor referred her to a government hospital for HIV confirmatory test.We went and did the test,I don't know the trick she played this time, the result was non reactive for her, me and our son.I went to the hospital and made Alot of noise,we went home and celebrated.Seven months later, she had an accident and was admitted, the doctor not satisfied with result of our confirmatory test,took her sample and send it to one of the best labs in Lagos,all the kits shows she was reactive.Because of the scene I created earlier, the doctor called me and showed me the result.That was when I started playing back to the first pregnancy scam, the rush for the marriage and the Nevirapine that was giving to my first son and I discovered I was being fooled by this woman all along.

This woman has hid her status from me and have been taking drugs under my nose for over five years without me knowing.I and my boy have gone for test twice at seven months interval and we are confirmed negative. I was told at one teaching hospitals I went for the test last month that maybe I'm just lucky or we are "discordant couple"
I have been expecting her to show remorse, and maybe apologize but she is still doing as if nothing happened.

I can't discuss this with my family or even hers, she will be stigmatize.I feel betrayed,I don't know how long I will stay in this marriage, but then I'm concerned about my boys. I'm afraid she might get desperate and try other means to infect me,I don't trust her.
What should I do?
Deceit is enough reason to annul a marriage even in Catholic Church
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Kingininge(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hobbsandshaw:

Did you say I had a choice to say No to the child of a woman I was in love with? Won't you be the first person to tag me a wicked?

You must not marry a girl because she is pregnant for you......
They are better reasons to marry a girl....Haba!
Infact you would have ensured she put to birth first before you start any marriage arrangement....
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Derea(f): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Stop pushing blames. She didn't force you into marriage. This is why I dislike getting pregnant out of wedlock and suddenly getting the man marry you. Most men who marry in such conditions only do so for the child, not for the woman. Davido impregnated 2, didn't marry any and wasn't forced. Even the Chioma he claims to have so much affection for is pregnant just like the other ladies. Question is, would he have married her if not for the pregnancy? Wizkid has his and wasn't forced. At least, not yet. Own up to your mistakes 'cause you could've said 'No' and nothing would have happened.

What happened to having your medical records before marriage? How insensitive were you that your wife was taking a particular drug for 5 good years under your nose and you had no idea? Just thank God you and your son's are immune to the virus.

Shut up.
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Zainab20198(f): 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2019
Please my brother divorce her as soon as possible . Take custody of your boys and God will bless you with a good woman who will take good care of your boys
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Samakus(m): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Stop pushing blames. She didn't force you into marriage. This is why I dislike getting pregnant out of wedlock and suddenly getting the man marry you. Most men who marry in such conditions only do so for the child, not for the woman. Davido impregnated 2, didn't marry any and wasn't forced. Even the Chioma he claims to have so much affection for is pregnant just like the other ladies. Question is, would he have married her if not for the pregnancy? Wizkid has his and wasn't forced. At least, not yet. Own up to your mistakes 'cause you could've said 'No' and nothing would have happened.

What happened to having your medical records before marriage? How insensitive were you that your wife was taking a particular drug for 5 good years under your nose and you had no idea? Just thank God you and your son's are immune to the virus.

All these reactions for a man in love and nothing said about the Jezebel that deceived her way into marriage?

Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by MOJ584(m): 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bro,

In fairness to the truth you sound so stupid!

Guy, for God's sake this is 2019!! You were never in charge from the first whistle. If you had tested positive, everyone including myself would have believed you infected her n you are here talking trash.

You even dropped a statement which clearly shows that you live at her mercy cus you fear she might poison you if you act funny.

And you are here looking for people that will give you words of encouragement to carry on" moral support "

Oga, respect yourself and restore the diginity of the man in you!!

Nonsense!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by TempleHouse: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
The irony of a man who disobeyed the President and got away with it, and was even rewarded with the powerful stool.
The same man had been brutally humiliated by the Governor without any resistance.
What goes around comes around !!
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by clems88(m): 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
HarunaWest:

You speak like a very dull weak man with short d*ck like the other dude rightly posted..A woman you call your wife breached Trust which is a sacred oath of marriage here and your here talking parables,talking of son and her stubborness..
So you don't know the way to police station or no court to file for divorce around your environs?

Ye are actually a weakling sha,that's how she convinced you to marry her at the beginning..
I don't advice plebs
could she have used a spell on him
The whole matter is complicated.
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Felicity001(m): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hobbsandshaw:

I'm still acting nice because she just had our second baby (her second C-SECTION) 3weeks ago
I must commend your meekness and gentleness even after knowing such a life threatening secret and wickedness of a woman who happens to be a wife. But, I'd like to advice you continue being gentle for some time considering she just had a C-section for the second time. Again, carry out a DNA test on those kids bcoz a woman who could deceive someone and hide such thing for years could as well sleep around while you think you're the biological father.
If her mum is still alive I'm sure she must be around for "omugor". Send her a test message from work that you know everything truth she has been hiding. Call her to make sure she reads the message. Get home and behave normal as usual then see how she reacts. If she still doesn't show any form of remorse or apologise seriously my brother run oh, run!!! Before we read another episode on SM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by clems88(m): 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
Op. I think you have a serious problem.
Are you scared of her that you can't take decisions ?
Some one whom you've lived with for 5 years , you didn't know she had HIV and you never observed she has been taking drugs
Or she's been taking some meds n you never asked her

I even read a comment you made that if she notuce you have a plan of leaving or change of attitude , she could poison you shocked .
Mehn... From all indication , that woman is the man of the house . angry . you better man up and stop being a weakling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Mutemenot(m): 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
Lucky man, if you happen to be in a white mans land, you 'll be used as a good laboratory sample. Your blood can even cure the HIV if transmitted to the carrier...
If I were you, my visa ought to be ready by now
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Ubdavis(m): 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
that woman is a murderer
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
malele:

Bro u are the ignorant one here. So ignorant and pls don’t take it to the grave .

Lol I know your type and your bloodline.

When your direct forefathers saw a plane fly in the sky for the first time, they must have said God was flying from east to west. undecided
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Ferdinandu(m): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hobbsandshaw:

Even doctors are suprised.We have been doing skin to skin for over 6yrs now.From what I gathered, she discovered her status sometime in 2014.
It has been discovered that someone with hiv but takes the drug regularly and always will not be able to transmit the virus. Heard about the discovery few months back on CNN. It was interesting to me because I was a victim of the same deception like you. My Ex was positive but was regular on her drugs but hid it from me. Like you I was stupidly having unprotected sex with her for 8 months but was never infected. I have even left the relationship before I discovered through a third party that she has been positive all the while. It was even her desperation of tieing me down and so many insecurities that I now realised it was due to her status that made me leave her. Her scheming backfired on my own case because maybe it would have led to marriage if she had acted coolly. I was really in love then I thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Hobbsandshaw: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Felicity001:

I must commend your meekness and gentleness even after knowing such a life threatening secret and wickedness of a woman who happens to be a wife. But, I'd like to advice you continue being gentle for some time considering she just had a C-section for the second time. Again, carry out a DNA test on those kids bcoz a woman who could deceive someone and hide such thing for years could as well sleep around while you think you're the biological father.
If her mum is still alive I'm sure she must be around for "omugor". Send her a test message from work that you know everything truth she has been hiding. Call her to make sure she reads the message. Get home and behave normal as usual then see how she reacts. If she still doesn't show any form of remorse or apologise seriously my brother run oh, run!!! Before we read another episode on SM

It's now an open secret...though is still between me,her and the hospitals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Beat123(f): 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
. You avoided my question. Answer it.
yes. I will. Assuming the same incident occurred
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
Beat123:
yes. I will. Assuming the same incident occurred
.. Hahahahaha. I hear you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Hobbsandshaw: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2019
clems88:
Op. I think you have a serious problem.
Are you scared of her that you can't take decisions ?
Some one whom you've lived with for 5 years , you didn't know she had HIV and you never observed she has been taking drugs
Or she's been taking some meds n you never asked her

I even read a comment you made that if she notuce you have a plan of leaving or change of attitude , she could poison you shocked .
Mehn... From all indication , that woman is the man of the house . angry . you better man up and stop being a weakling

You all are just talking.Talk is cheap.
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by skinz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
My guy... japa ooooh, u were lucky you didn't get it... even if you are still married to her... You go still Bleep?��
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by vendredi77: 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
judgment comes when their is knowledge...
and mercy prevailed wen their is no knowledge... It was God that was protecting u... at this stage I will urge u to stop having sex with her strictly till when you both get rid of it
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by aoofbeautifulme(f): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sorry ooooo but I think there is more to this
Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by Olayetan(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

I like you for being straight....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by hallmarkacademy: 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
I am a Nigerian based in SA. The headquarter of the whole world HIV. I once had a similar experience 6 years ago. I was counsel by nurses to leave the lady and move on. I was lucky to be negative too. Leave her and move on. If she could trick you to marry her because of her selfish interest. Knowing fully well, you can get infested and kept it silence. She does not love.
The only situation I believe divorce is required is when it is life threaten.
She should have come our plain for you.
Human being are dangerous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by hallmarkacademy: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Na person wet dey leave they take care of children o. Bro find your way. If it is the other way around what do you think will have happened between two of you guys now? lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive by ceeceeuwa: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
prettysom:

Baby can be breast fed by an adherent mother and remain negative. We even encourage exclusive breast feeding.
Thanks for the enlightenment

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / This Is The Best Gift A Mother Can Give Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.