Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For (478 Views)

Broke And Confused, I Need Your Advice. / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Godbuoy: 12:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
Good afternoon all.
I created a new nairaland account because of this, I got relieved of my job last month and I am willing to learn a new skill before the year runs out.

I am trying to choose between video (film) editing along with cinematography or web development (Php) but seems to be confused with which one to go for. I also have graphics in mind but that would come later so guru in the house, please help me decide the one I should go for so that I can have a side hustle with it.

If u have a better option, u are free to drop it as well.

Thanks.
Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Davash222(m): 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
But your two options are closely related. Can’t you devise means to merge them
Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Godbuoy: 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
Davash222:
But your two options are closely related.

That is why I am confused with the one to go for, assuming I have enough cash... I would have go for two of em
Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Davash222(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
Godbuoy:

That is why I am confused with the one to go for, assuming I have enough cash... I would have go for two of em
God wey provide money for one, go still provide money for two. Never give up.
Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Godbuoy: 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
Davash222:

God wey provide money for one, go still provide money for two. Never give up.

Yh thanks for that.
Which one should I go with first between the two?
Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by DEGABA(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
Video editing is easier to learn than web development but web will cost less in terms of material. If you have the capital go with video/cinema.
Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Godbuoy: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
DEGABA:
Video editing is easier to learn than web development but web will cost less in terms of material. If you have the capital go with video/cinema.

Thanks
Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
Cinematography is faster to learn but cost more
Depending on how you market ur service u can get a good ROTI(return on time invested) within relative short period of time.... It's less saturated but still needs more expensive equipment and software..... Both camera for filming and laptop for editing...

While web design and development is slower to learn... Wider in scope of work and market but a little bit more saturated...
Also cheaper to learn.... With a cheap laptop u can start and get paid.... ROI if faster here....

From what you said seems u don't have a lot of money... So take web design and development..

U can immediately start freelancing online...

1 Like

Re: Confused: I Don't Know Which One To Go For by Godbuoy: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
thariodamaniac:
Cinematography is faster to learn but cost more
Depending on how you market ur service u can get a good ROTI(return on time invested) within relative short period of time.... It's less saturated but still needs more expensive equipment and software..... Both camera for filming and laptop for editing...

While web design and development is slower to learn... Wider in scope of work and market but a little bit more saturated...
Also cheaper to learn.... With a cheap laptop u can start and get paid.... ROI if faster here....

From what you said seems u don't have a lot of money... So take web design and development..

U can immediately start freelancing online...

Thanks...

I made enquiries.
web dev and video editing were almost same amount.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Series: Practical Ways To Start Making Money Online Today! / Microbiologists Working In Hospitals, What Do You Do? / Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.