Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes (7633 Views)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Donates 40M To Wives Of Nigeria Fallen Heroes / What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by jarawa: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
House on the Rock (HOTR), Refuge Parish says it will give posthumous award to families of 11persons who served, sacrificed and paid with their lives for the security, peace and unity of the nation. Pastor Uche Aigbe, Lead Pastor, House on the Rock, a Faith-based organisation, who disclosed this at a news conference in Abuja on Friday, said the gesture was in commemoration of Nigerian 59th Independence.

According to him, the second edition of the Refuge heroes’ award will honour 11persons drawn from the Army, and the Police force. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the award which take place on Sept. 29, will cost the organisers N5 million. Aigbe said that the 2019 honour award would be done posthumously through family members in attendance, adding that the honours would be accompanied with some financial assistance to the families they left behind. “At HOTR, we believe in the power of God’s word to transform our lives to become all He ordained for us.

“We recognise the duty bestowed on us to shine as light in our world, and as the salt of the earth, we are keen to make our nation and world a better place to live in. “The heroes’ awards and Independence Day Service was conceptualised in 2018, to celebrate our gallant military, para-military and police officers who have sacrificed for the nation, and in some cases paid the ultimate sacrifice with their lives. “It is part of the church’s corporate social responsibility, even as we prepare to mark Nigeria’s 59th Independence anniversary. “This has become even more significant as hundreds of military personnel have lost their lives with the advent of the Boko Haram saga. “Also, many policemen continue to die daily in the fight against criminal elements who seek to cause harm to the citizenry.”

Aigbe said that military men and veterans of war were celebrated in public places and places of importance in country such as the U. S. He said that in spite of the sacrifices of the military, para-military and Police, Nigerians were yet to develop the culture of honouring and celebrating those who sacrificed their lives for the peace and unity of the nation. “Our objective is for Nigerians to develop the culture of honour and appreciation of those who constantly put their lives on the line to protect us. “Our intention is that this will be a movement that will sweep through the country.

“We are aware that the government through the Armed Forces Remembrance Day reaches out to veterans, but it is obvious that the needs are enormous, hence requiring a public/private partnership and collaboration.” He said that the church in 2018 honoured the widows of the Seven Policemen killed in Galadimawa roundabout, three Naval officers, two Army Officers who died fighting the insurgency in the North East and two Naval Officers injured whilst on active duty. The lead pastor said that in addition to the honours, a token was also given to them from the church to support the families left behind.

He disclosed that the church had some criteria for selection of awardees, adding that the selection was made by the Armed Forces and Police themselves. Aigbe said that the church always considered officers in the lower cadre for the award, high ranking officers with compelling stories and those who died in active service. (NAN)

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/independence-celebration-church-to-honour-fallen-heroes.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by dappyboy: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
nice one

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
Welcome development
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Idris29(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
That would be nice. It shows we are waking up!
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Citytrend: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
This is something we don't do in this country. For goodness sake these men kicked the Bucket protecting you and I.
Please others should follow suit.

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsAp
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by YorubaNinja: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
angry
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by ZombieTAMER: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
We need to ask our colonial masters to come back...

Independence was a scam

Our moronic founding fathers put us in this predicament... That's why the likes of Buhari raped this country with their khaki by toppling a young democracy..

Believe it or not.. The same illiterate Buhari is still President decades after ... raping the country

I guess the young doesn't grow in this part of the world...

3 Likes

Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
Okay naa

Social Responsibility.
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Bennethanderson(m): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
Nice one
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by sonofanarchy(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
That's great
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by cooldipo(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Funmi Adams song for the ceremony

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by sylve11: 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
@ op, who you dey call hero could be a villain to another set of people. shey you understand me? sad cool

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
That's a good one.
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Digipro: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ok
Make over 200k HERE
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Duggedised12(f): 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
ZombieTAMER:
We need to ask our colonial masters to come back...

Independence was a scam

i will prefer Asians this time ,Japanese to be precise.
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by tolumizzy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2019
I wish other denominations could venture into this ASAP... Good job
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by StrikeBack(m): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2019
When are we going to celebrate 24 hours electricity in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by ibkgab001: 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
And the church should let our heros past know that their labour was in vain because the country is in the state of anarchy,
soldiers are running away from boko haram ,
soldiers can’t protect harmless citizen they gun them down at slighted provocation
Soldiers now steal mo eye meant for the whole month payment of fellow soldiers but the government lied it was owned by a vvip
Soldiers now steal iphone at computer village
Soldiers are fighting Fsars because of game boys
Soldiers kill soldier everyday because of bad deal

Nigeria will be great again but not in this greedy generation
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Maldini212(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hahahaha

Zoogerians
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by AsowebDesigns: 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
Noted
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by lyriclekidd(m): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by hopefulLandlord: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
StrikeBack:
When are we going to celebrate 24 hours electricity in Nigeria.
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east;When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by A305: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
Scamgeria
See my sigg and hit me up
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Jimalicoco(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
Good one
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by KraticKratus: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
Darwin's awards.
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hope dey will give oyo-ita Winifred some award for the job well done....

Seun should give me award for spending most of my time on nairaland website or else you will not see my post again forever
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Destiblack(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=ZombieTAMER post=82628360]We need to ask our colonial masters to come back...

Independence was a scam

Our moronic founding fathers put us in this predicament... That's why the likes of Buhari raped this country with their khaki by toppling a young democracy..

Believe it or not.. The same illiterate Buhari is still President decades after ... raping the country

I guess the young doesn't grow in this part of the world...

U are right,but time will tell the future of Nigeria with a destined man with Justice.
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
It's a good thing for those who put their lives on the line for others to to be safe.

Though I don't value the independence because I would rather they had left the white here to develop the nation and put systems in place for us before they left.

Now we are independent from the whites, but in dependence to the blacks.
Re: Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes by Tundeobama(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
Order for your pant trousers Europe designers affordable 1500 only quality top notch brands.check my profile for whatapps details

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria / Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians / Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.