Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,802 members, 7,837,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting (15274 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by ELEYINJUANU(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2019
By the grace of God it has solution, call me 07066243269
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Opexzy: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2019
darthv:

Go and buy spasmex...

Okay thanks...
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Okoroawusa: 10:28am On Sep 28, 2019
Wow...am surprised to see that most of you here r bedwetters...na wa o!

I had this friend that bedwetted on my bed once n I couldn't console her because she cried n cried even when I told her to stop she kept sobbing "... this thing don come disgrace me here". It was one of the reasons she stopped coming around.

Later it made me think maybe that's why she liked marathon sex at night so that we can sleep late n before you know it morning don reach.

Not a conventional beauty or pretty but I don't think any woman has come close to her sexual performance...at least not yet. It was through her I learnt that a woman's sexual satisfaction (orgasm) is as important as that of a man during sex so I must strive to help her achieve it. Na only that bedwetting spoil her...Fear Delta Igbo girls when e come for sex matter o!

1 Like

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Chartey(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2019
Solsix:

what baffles me is that, my bro doesn't show any sign of remorse. He is always unapologetic and doesn't really give a damn...
This is where his problem lies, he is not ready to solve his problem. There is nothing u guys can do for him except putting him in prayer
He has one problem, don't crush his self-esteem in addition.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Chartey(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2019
Offpoint:
Look for his crush and let sleep in same room with him, him go compose himselfgrin

There's no known medications for bed-wetting, try a therapist.

I heard this Hausas guys have something concoction that settles bed-wetting.

If none of this work, let try Yoruba pepper soup...

There are drugs to help with bedwetting. Please say things you're sure of.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 10:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Opexzy.
Make him stop watching and reading materials that arouse his sexual desires.
Take very light dinner before 6pm,
Watch his physical activities, especially if he is too playful.
Tell him to sleep early and wake up early.
Tell him to try to be conscious even in his subconscious.
He should always check if he is in real life, or in a dream whenever he wants to pee be it in real life or in the dream.
If he checks consciously, he will also be able to check in his subconscious.
Help him stay alert always.
Give him more chores to do.
Thank me later.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Offpoint: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2019
Chartey:

There are drugs to help with bedwetting. Please say things you're sure of.
And they work?

No, had a niece with similar issues. I ain't saying for saying sake.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Kingchineme6(m): 10:52am On Sep 28, 2019
Sometimes, laziness can make you pee in the bed,but try to buy the alarm for him, but what if you buy the alarm and he decide to off it or hide it under pillow because of disturbance? grin grin?
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by BabaIbo: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2019
Look for a tortoise or python and tie it round his waste, tell him if he bedwet he will be bitten...
That's a method used in the olden days, tho I may be wrong with the actual animal but it really works... Since I'm not sure of the actual animal pls you may not try it.

Also help him to recover by waking him up in the night to urinate and remind him to urinate before going to bed even when he sleep off, wake him up to urinate before going to bed properly, all the best.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by oladipojesse(m): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2019
JESUS...in the name above all name, in JESUS name, bedwetting stops! No longer will you be concerned.

Please send a text to 07059483820 if you are led, let me join you in prayers.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Cuteliar(f): 11:12am On Sep 28, 2019
Opexzy:
Good day fellow nairalanders, i will try to keep this as short as possible.

I have a sixteen years old brother that is still bed-wetting. Dad and Mom has done everything humanly possible, but all their efforts ends in futility.... So many methods have been devised to just help him but non worked.

Initially we thought it was because of late dinner, he was stopped from eating when it is after 7pm

There was a time that dad use to whip him, but he stopped when he realized he's not getting any better.

We have bought some medicines, but it is still the same story.

Currently everyone is tired and no one is talking about it anymore... my parents believes that when he gets to uni he will change after a single inglorious display of this act.. He is currently in ss3.

what baffles me is that, my bro doesn't show any sign of remorse. He is always unapologetic and doesn't really give a damn...

Please nairalanders, is there anything else we aren't doing...?
He is not doing it deliberately at all, he is more concern than you all will ever imagine. I was like your brother too same age and class and was still bedwetting, I stopped bedwetting when I realize that anytime i was in the toilet in my dream to pee is when I actually wet my bed in reality, after this realization i began to wake up if I get press in my dream and find myself about to pee in the toilet or anywhere. It's been 11year now and have never wet my bed not even once... it's more of a mind thing( psychological)

1 Like

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 28, 2019
mu2sa2:
He doesnt have to be apologetic, because it's not a deliberate act on his part. You should not give up on him. We were able to overcome a similar situation by perseverance. Stopping eating and drinking long before going to bed is important. If 7 pm is not working reduce it to 6 pm or even earlier. He should take very little drink or even nothing around that time. Secondly, he shouldn't go to bed early, maybe he should wait until at least 10pm. By this time, hopefully he would have emptied his bladder. He must always go and pee before going to bed - very important. Next, please wake him up at least once to go and pee. This approach worked in our own case. It would also work for him, but he must be consistent and you all should be sympathetic and continue to help him Good luck.
My dad did all this for me,las las i still piss for good 17yrs

1 Like

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Cuteliar(f): 11:20am On Sep 28, 2019
Lucky4real28:
He just needs to be more aware of himself, I want i believe he plays a lot and mostly exhausted, so he sees himself in his dream peeing in the toilet whilst same happens in reality only to wake up to the mess. This is normal for kids below 10, but everyone is not the same, help him train his brain to be recognize the prank and also to not sleep too deep and observe, this would help him and he ll stop.
This so True, I stop bedwetting when I realize the time I bedwet in reality was when am peeing in my dream. This realization stop my bedwetting days forever.

2 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by buiquiey(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2019
What your brother needs is:

1. If he is a playful type he shld stop it because when he is asleep and he is dreaming he wants to pee, that conscious thought won't allow him to regain his senses that we want to pee.

2. He shld take little water when going to bed at night.

3. If you can be helpful to him, around past 12 wake him up to go and pee. You have made a survey on the actual time he use to bed wet.

4. Let him pray for God to save him from the spirit of bed wetting.

Cheers
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Cajal(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2019
See urologist
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 28, 2019
I have been In that situation...
Even when I was in University, I bed wet ... My colleagues make jest of me...
I was given all sorts of drugs both local and medical drugs...no changes at all....
I kept on praying to my God to remove the shame.

What really help me to stop the habit might be series of change of location and prayers.... Because , I discovered that whenever I change location, I become uncomfortable and later acclimatise myself to the place. So, that feeling of uncomfortablity will not make me bedwet until I can later become comfortable....
I decided within myself that I will make my sleeping pattern uncomfortable until I stop bedwetting completely....

I don't bedwet anymore...to the glory of God

2 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by ucham: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2019
darichlife:
This might sound very odd but it was saved many families from this same problem.

Let him pee on hot charcoal fire before going to bed at night.

He will feel very hot anytime he wants pee on himself this will prompt him to wake up automatically and that is the end of the story

Stop peddling this kind superstitious beliefs in this 21st century.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Darevofpeace(m): 11:47am On Sep 28, 2019
Along with the various suggestions OP .Do not forget to tackle the issue from the spiritual perspective.
Who could tell maybe some forces want to put him into shame amidst his peers.
The spiritual controls the physical. If all solutions had failed.Built an altar of spiritual counter attack against the forces militating against his destiny by laying a sacrifice either to a widow or visiting any orphanage home.
Do this for 3months and see the supernatural turnaround in his life.
That case isn't ordinary, fight the battle for him by all means.
"There is no decency in fighting the battles of life"
Seek medical solutions and round it up with spiritual counter attack.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2019
You don’t have to go hash on him okay I stopped bed wetting at age 21 don’t make him feel like it is a bad thing or a spiritual thing please so he won’t go into depression what you just try and do is to support him and give him a routine you let him sleep by 7 pm by 11 pm you wake him up to pee then let him sit for about 30 mins then let him pee again then go to sleep by 5 am or there about you wake him up again l am sure you will see enough changes in few weeks. Thanks me later

3 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by VERQUEST111: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
Opexzy:

I have a sixteen years old brother that is still bed-wetting. Dad and Mom has done everything humanly possible, but all their efforts ends in futility.... So many methods have been devised to just help him but non worked.

Initially we thought it was because of late dinner, he was stopped from eating when it is after 7pm

There was a time that dad use to whip him, but he stopped when he realized he's not getting any better.

Currently everyone is tired and no one is talking about it anymore... my parents believes that when he gets to uni he will change after a single inglorious display of this act.. He is currently in ss3.

You can get a professional help. I dont think that will make him stop
lemme use me as a case of study I was more like that when I was in ss class
I got to finished secondary school before it could stop I didn't use anything tho my parent tried all their best buh it didn't stop
I am like 17 or more when it stop on it own without using anything.

1 Like

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by BRATISLAVA: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
Opexzy:

If he's not apologetic why are you more concerned that him? Leave him be. He will get the solution by himself.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by BRATISLAVA: 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2019
Karmatyra:
I don't see why this is a problem tho...i bedwetted till I was around 15...when i hit 16..the thing just stop on its own..see there is nothing wrong with your brother. very soon he'll stop,it's different for everyone, be worried when he still bedwets at 18,as of now...just keep waking him up and stop making him feel like there is something wrong with him.
peace. Did you attend a boarding school? How did it stop?
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by pharoahs(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
My advice, let him go on hols with friends or relatives, let him sleep out... and see what happens, or invite his friends for a night out...it would stop, trust me.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by sligo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
I stopped bed-wetting at 15 you can't force him...
His body will stop when it's ready
And he should stop taking lot of water... And you can decrease it if you can make him wake every 2 hours to urinate
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2019
Nocturnal enuresis as it is referred to in meds.
It is a normal thing for the 16 old boy to wet the bed. But there are many steps you have to procure and follow.
First ask the dad and mother when they stopped theirs. This is so, because evolution do occur!
Also, the family should give support to the boy. He shouldnt be stigmatized...stigmatization leads to depression and could cause a whole great bad things!
To the boy, he should try to avoid heavy sleeping, alarm should be set at intervals and he should sleep with the belief that he won't wet the bed.
Lastly, he should pray to the Supreme Being. For nothing is impossible in His front!
All is well with him bi idhnillah.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Pavore9: 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2019
darichlife:
This might sound very odd but it was saved many families from this same problem.

Let him pee on hot charcoal fire before going to bed at night.

He will feel very hot anytime he wants pee on himself this will prompt him to wake up automatically and that is the end of the story

It is called aversion therapy, heard it being discussed.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Joecruise(m): 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2019
Let him cut down on sugary things for now and especially at night.
The last time i wet the bed was during a particular siesta i took immediately after taking Garri mixed with milk and excess sugar. I was older than 16..alot older. I havent had an episode of bed wetting after that awareness.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by wakeel30: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2019
Yes, I stopped bed wetting @ 16th then I was in ss1, allow him sleep over at a friends place for 2 or 3 days. U won't understand it nw just try it n u will thank me later....
Noted!! I am talking from personal experienced
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Kennyideal(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
I stopped weeing at SS3 too, that was 2008.... This is my life story... I mean me that am typing this at the moment today Sat, 28 September 2019..

It's a natural something, u can't just stop it... Forget stopping food and drinks at certain times... It won't work....

I even went further to tying rubber band on my rod, thinking when the wee gets there, the pain will wake me...... It works at the beginning, but when my rod started taking a wobble shape, I stopped ni jareh.

As at 2006,07,08..there were no affordable smart phones for alarms.... But now, its easier...

Bottom line is, get an alarm... Set it at 2hrs intervals..... It works o...
And the person in question must show interest by willing himself to stop!

1 Like

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by SACI: 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2019
Opexzy:

Take from me...he doesn't need to show remorse outwardly,he feels worse than you can imagine or think.
I was once in his shoes, n at one point I was tired of always saying sorry coz it meant less and less as days went by as couldn't control the situation.
Understanding (on the family's part), determination (on his part) and coffee might help.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by ogunsbanjul(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
Wether someone else or you irrespective of the age, he or you should pray with believe into God surely the storm will be over. All will be well in Jesus name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Name 5 Things You Did As A Child During Christmas Period? / Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? / My Wife Is Dating 8 Men, Fights Me With Knife, Broken Bottles - Husband Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.