Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Simeone: I Prefer To Win Madrid Derby Than Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Simeone: I Prefer To Win Madrid Derby Than Champions League (575 Views)

I Prefer Your Sister': Materazzi Reveals What He Told Zidane Before The Headbutt / Simeone: Ronaldo Is An Animal In Front Of Goal Who Is Hard To Prepare Against / Simeone: Messi Plays Better In Attacking Team; Ronaldo Can Simplify Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simeone: I Prefer To Win Madrid Derby Than Champions League by obembet(f): 6:24am On Sep 28, 2019
Simeone faced the media ahead of tomorrow's derby against Real Madrid: "What would I prefer to win, the Champions League or the derby? The derby..."

Diego Simeone faced the media ahead of tomorrow's derby against Real Madrid: "What would I prefer to win, the Champions League or the derby? The derby - because that's our next game..."

Atleti without Morata, how will that affect the team?

The club's working on what it needs to do and they'll inform us when they have news. As for Álvaro, we'll continue working as a team like we have been doing.

Zidane says Real Madrid get up early too and doesn't understand this neighbourhood/people's club tag...

I think Zidane explained it perfectly. There's no need to say any more because he's hit the nail on the head.

Who are favourites tomorrow?

These kinds of games tend to be close. It will be small details wchich tip the game one way or the other. In their most recent games, against Sevilla and Osasuna, they've been improving - they've made changes to the side and are sticking to the approach they showed against Sevilla. They've got a great squad, a great coach and we want to take the game where we want it to go.

What have you said to Morata?

We spoke to Diego when it happened, and we spoke to Álvaro yesterday about the pecking order but only he knows what was said.

What do you learn most from - defeats or victories?

You learn from everything. When you win, there are things that can be improved and when you lose there will be things that you did well. You should try not to change because that way, you will be closer to winning.

Which would you rather win - the derby or the Champions League?

The derby, the game we have to play tomorrow. We don't any further than the next game.

Barcelona have been hit with a 300 euro fine for tapping up Griezmann.

Madrid have a team with very good players, if they use spaces well then it's going to be complicated for us. Bale is growing, Benzema is looking sharp and Hazard has great technique and ability.

Have you decided on your XI?

Today, the effects of the efforts they made against Mallorca will be starting to wear off and we've been working with the ones who played the other day on one side and those who didn't on the other. We'll decide tomorrow.

Source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/La-Liga/Simeone-I-prefer-to-win-Madrid-derby-than-Champions-League/1837812

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

Re: Simeone: I Prefer To Win Madrid Derby Than Champions League by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 28, 2019
Re: Simeone: I Prefer To Win Madrid Derby Than Champions League by obembet(f): 10:28am On Sep 28, 2019
Winning Real Madrid is like winning the champions league, even Jordi Alba of Barcelona said that. Real Madrid is champions league itself. When you hear of Champions league national anthem you only think of Real Madrid lifting up the cup.

(1) (Reply)

UFC 243: Whittaker Vs. Adesanya live update / The End Of Our Oyibo Wall? Rohr Settles For Ajayi-ekong Partnership. / Vinicius Junior To Ask His Dad For A Tattoo To Celebrate UCL First Madrid Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.