Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. (466 Views)

Can I Still Go For Law After A Philosophy Degree In Nigeria And How Long Does It / Advice: Should I Go For Medicine Or For A Masters? / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. by philmubby(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2019
Good day, After writing Jamb thrice I finally got an admission to study Philosophy..The questions bothering me are:
What are the career opportunities in studying philosophy
And also is Philosophy a kind of relevant course to study in Nigeria..
Re: Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2019
Just go for philosophy, try a change of course in your second year. If you succeed fine, if you don't just go ahead and graduate with philosophy then you can take a masters degree in management or something.
Re: Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. by SeeMeForLAPTOP: 9:19am On Sep 28, 2019
philmubby:
Good day, After writing Jamb thrice I finally got an admission to study Philosophy..The questions bothering me are:
I wanted to say you should chose a different path but it seems our fate aren't the same.
The choice is up to you.
Re: Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. by eghuan1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2019
philmubby:

Take this from someone who studied philosophy. If you don't have passion to go I to teaching or lecturing or maybe further studies into law, just forget it.

If you want to Study philosophy because you want a degree to find job, my guy forget it.

Though as you know sha, your degree does not determine what work you do sha o.

And hope it's not Uniben you're going to?
Re: Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. by Kennyprince: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
I am a philosophy graduate, right now I am teaching in Lagos. Really after philosophy, if u do PGDE , you can be a good teacher of rebuts.
Re: Should I Go For Philosophy Degree. by hypergig(m): 12:49am On Sep 29, 2019
Job prospects as regards any course in the country is no guarantee for a job...I am a graduate of philosophy, did some backup IT courses when I rounded up my degree..now I am doing great in my niche.

The truth is whatever course you do, you have to back it up with a respectable IT skill or other practical alternative.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UNN; An Institution At Its Worst / Teaching In 2 Or More Universities Not Unusual – ASUU President / Complete Guide To Become A Big Data Engineer In This 2020- Free PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.