Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer (3792 Views)

These Three Church Leaders Were Bound For Hell Fire Because Of Unforgiveness / Maltreating Your Wife Hinders Your Prayer - Mike Bamiloye Tells Married Men / Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 29, 2019
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16"

Devotion : The opening scripture above is dealing with corporate prayer, which can be applied to prayer in general. Failure to forgive hinders corporate prayer; no wonder Apostle James said we should be bold enough to tell one another where we or they are going wrong so that corporate prayer can be a time of feasting and refreshing because answers are received and miracles, signs, and wonders are pronounced.

As a child of God, you should not keep offence inside you as it will pollute your spirit. Go to the offender quickly and show him/her his/her fault quickly and politely before it begins to harm you.

The enemy would want you to keep offence inside you so that he can rely on it to destroy your conscience and spiritual growth in prayer. Don't allow him; put him to shame and enjoy prayer any time you pray alone, and especially church/corporate prayer meetings.

Praise the Lord! Share your comments here!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:30am On Sep 29, 2019
This is so true.
One of our most favourite verse in the Bible below sums it all up.

Matthew 18:21-22 King James Version (KJV)

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Do the calculation of 70 times 7 and see what Jesus Christ really mean!

JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by iPhoneRepairer: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2019
Forgive because the Good Lord forgives our sins daily.

Also Forget (but not completely lest you make the same mistake again)
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Zinny25(f): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2019
unforgiveness is a deadly sin, it's not always easy but the grace of God is sufficient for us

1 Like

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Oluromantic: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2019
The fact is even the unforgiving has no peace!

1 Like

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by silverkings: 8:07am On Sep 29, 2019
Gradually, unforgiving spirit is leaving my life. Today I can comfortably chat with the perceived enemy/enemies.
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2019
Prayers doesn't need anything to hinder it, prayers are just naturally useless and this has been proven. it has nothing to do with wether you forgive or not.

Nigerians pray for long life everyday. the result? our life expectancy is now 54.5 years (the 7th lowest in the world) while a prayerless Japan comprising of atheist majority has a life expectancy of 83.7 years (highest in the world)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Nigerians pray against poverty a lot, this led to Nigeria being declared the poverty capital of the world http://punchng.com/with-87m-poor-citizens-nigeria-overtakes-india-as-worlds-poverty-capital/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2019
That's why I always pray for all my enemies, inclusive of everyone of them in Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Truefaith: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2019
dcfg
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by silverkings: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2019
post=82667241:
This is so true.

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? So you're a Christian shocked

22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by silverkings: 8:16am On Sep 29, 2019
post=82667241:
This is so true.

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Are u a Christian?

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Ritelar: 8:20am On Sep 29, 2019
I can't say less, this is so true
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by peteruuu(m): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
Prayers doesn't need anything to hinder it, prayers are just naturally useless and this has been proven. it has nothing to do with wether you forgive or not.

Nigerians pray for long life everyday. the result? our life expectancy is now 54.5 years (the 7th lowest in the world) while a prayerless Japan comprising of atheist majority has a life expectancy of 83.7 years (highest in the world)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Nigerians pray against poverty a lot, this led to Nigeria being declared the poverty capital of the world http://punchng.com/with-87m-poor-citizens-nigeria-overtakes-india-as-worlds-poverty-capital/

I'm sorry but, you typed like a f**lish man because, only a fool would type dung like that. That you're not Christian or you don't believe in prayers doesn't give you the audacity to diminish the effect of prayers with full alercrity. Verily verily I say unto you once again, you are a f**l.
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2019
Ritelar:
I can't say less, this is so true

i am a witness to this.

when i was looking for a job, i avoided women and was signing and doing cleaning in church,

i did everything to be clean.. but the job ddnt come. until one night i was in the dream and i saw this lady who offended me in school so badly,
she was trying to join others around to play with me but she was scared to come close, she was looking at me so soberly.

i woke and i ddnt understand the dream, few days a priest preached about unforgiveness and the hindrances behind it. then my mind reflected on that dream

i woke up and searched for her number and i ddnt see it, then i remembered she once sent me request on facebook, i went there to accept her and even chatted her, then i prayed to God and cleared my mind with her.

the next week i got two jobs... one in chevron and other at Zinox Abuja..

so my dear brothers, its hard to forgive but it can hinder many things...

3 Likes

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Grupo(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2019
peteruuu:

I'm sorry but, you typed like a f**lish man because, only a fool would type dung like that. That you're not Christian or you don't believe in prayers doesn't give you the audacity to diminish the effect of prayers with full alercrity. Verily verily I say unto you once again, you are a f**l.

Counter his points with a valid argument or shut the fucck up.
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Solsix(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2019
So true
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by lakesguy(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2019
Unforgiveness hinders every thing not just prayers... What will it take you to forgive? Absolutely NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by Dignity1997: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2019
Forgiveness is applicable to every believer of christ, if you don't forgive, you are not applying the commandment christ gave us.
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by SolarHub(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2019
We know so

You need an affordable 1kva solar power system to run for 10hours daily? Check my signature now
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by peteruuu(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
Grupo:

Counter his points with a valid argument or shut the fucck up.
I pity your soul. Bye.
Re: Unforgiveness Hinders Prayer by oboy81: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
are u serious?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Plans To Destroy The Muslims / Why My Prophecies Didn't Come To Pass- Apostle Suleiman / 1500 Year Old Bible Confirms That "Jesus Christ" Was Not Crucified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.