Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,816 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops (1149 Views)

US Navy Seals Seized Weapon Sent By Iran To Arm Houthi Rebel In The Red Sea / Yemen Houthi Rebels Takes Hostage Of Cargo Ship 'Galaxy Leader' In The Red Sea / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by daroz(m): 7:46am On Sep 29, 2019
Iran-aligned Houthi rebels have claimed their largest operation yet, reportedly capturing "thousands" of Saudi troops in the border region. There has been no immediate confirmation from Saudi authorities.

Yemen's Houthi fighters have claimed a major raid resulting in the capture of "thousands" of enemy troops, including many officers and soldiers of the Saudi army, as well as hundreds of armored vehicles and weapons.

Houthi military spokesman Yahia Sarie told the Houthi-run al-Masirah broadcaster on Saturday that three "enemy military brigades had fallen" in the operation. He said the offensive was supported by drone, missile and air defense units.
"This is the largest operation since aggression started on our country," he said.

The operation, reportedly near the southern Saudi region of Najran, has not been confirmed by the Saudi-led coalition leading the fight against the Houthis. The Houthis have offered no visual evidence for their claims.

Houthi rebels have been battling Yemeni government and coalition forces in the northern Saada province in recent months, and have reportedly captured scores of Yemeni forces near the Saudi border.

Saudi Arabia has lead a coalition fighting the Iran-backed group since 2014, but has suffered several setbacks in recent months, most notably when half its oil production was shut down by an attack on a major Saudi oil facility earlier this month.
Houthis have claimed the attack on the oil facility, but Saudi Arabia and major Western nations have blamed Iran directly for the strikes.

There are fears the latest operation could hamper United Nations efforts toward peace talks.

Tens of thousands of people have died in the war and millions of people are at risk of famine and disease in the Arabian Peninsula's poorest nation.

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Efewestern: 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
They are mercenaries, Saudi Arabia doesn't have much booth on ground and Houthi claimed they captured 500 men.

It seems Houthi is now going offensive, observing how things play out.
Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Appleyard(m): 12:10am On Sep 30, 2019
Efewestern:
They are machineries, Saudi Arabia doesn't have much booth on ground and Houthi claimed they captured 500 men.

It seems Houthi is now going offensive, observing how things play out.

Suadi Arabia is a toothless bulldog. Even my grandmother in the village fight better than them. I remember watching a video where Saudi ground troops took to their heels like chickens, leaving their armoured vehicles and weapons behind.I have never seen such a sight of cowardice in my life. Car and leg,which one is suppose to be faster? grin But the Saudis said it ia legs and they ran away on foot from an advancing unit of houthis rabels. The only thing going for them is that they have jets. Otjerwise, they would have beenbbeaten black and blue.Very pathetic bunch.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by panafrican(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2019
Maybe Saudi soldiers are tired of their wahabi regime.They do not want to fight for the royal family's interests.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Efewestern: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2019
Appleyard:

Suadi Arabia is a toothless bulldog. Even my grandmother in the village fight better than them. I remember watching a video where Saudi ground troops took to their heels like chickens, leaving their armoured vehicles and weapons behind.I have never seen such a sight of cowardice in my life. Car and leg,which one is suppose to be faster? grin But the Saudis said it ia legs and they ran away on foot from an advancing unit of houthis rabels. The only thing going for them is that they have jets. Otjerwise, they would have beenbbeaten black and blue.Very pathetic bunch.

Lol, I really laughed hard reading this. But what do you expect from princes with poor training, no will power, highly undisciplined and being led by a 30 years old army general who have never lifted a gun in his entire life?

They just have 1st world guns, jets, tanks & SAMs with 3rd world military training and poor leadership.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2019
Efewestern:

Lol, I really laughed hard reading this. But what do you expect from princes with poor training, no will power, highly undisciplined and being led by a 30 years old army general who have never lifted a gun in his entire life?

They just have 1st world guns, jets, tanks & SAMs with 3rd world military training and poor leadership.
cheesy cheesy

I think they intentionally kept their military that way in fear of a military overthrow of the royal family grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2019
Some of you just comment anyhow based on whatever you see, have you even seen the video Appleyard?

Those people you see are also fellow Yemenis working as paid mercenaries, non even look like a Saudi, They are all
Yemen's own people paid by saudi to use even weapons they aint trained for.
Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Efewestern: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2019
kemicalreaction:
cheesy cheesy

I think they intentionally kept their military that way in fear of a military overthrow of the royal family grin grin

grin grin

You are not far from the truth bro, i think it's a deliberate effort, because they have no reason to be this weak.
Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by dermmy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
kemicalreaction:
cheesy cheesy

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Appleyard(m): 3:29am On Oct 01, 2019
illitrate:
Some of you just comment anyhow based on whatever you see, have you even seen the video Appleyard?

Those people you see are also fellow Yemenis working as paid mercenaries, non even look like a Saudi, They are all
Yemen's own people paid by saudi to use even weapons they aint trained for.

Modified**

Ordinary Yemenis? Are you even listening to yourself? Which ordinary Yemeni citizen would take up guns they can not use and marched on to the frontlines to fight an enemy knowing they can die? Can u do that?. undecided

Your excuses doesn't make any logical sense.and you want to make it look as if there is a sharp difference between Yemenis and Saudis. All Arabs look alike, and that's a fact in the middle east.

Those captured soldiers were mostly Mercenaries from Pakistan, Iraqis, and regular Saudi forces. They were all fighting for the house of saud ,and like the cowards they are, they were beaten black and blue and surrendered haplessly. So stop making excuses for them.

The Saudi's grand troops are well documented for extreme failure and cowardice. Even a combination of Nigeria Civil Defense and Niger Delta militants can demonstrate better bravery than this toothless bulldog of an army called Saudi forces.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Appleyard(m): 3:32am On Oct 01, 2019
Efewestern:

Very pathetic bunch of money-miss-road.
Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Appleyard(m): 3:33am On Oct 01, 2019
kemicalreaction:
cheesy cheesy

Maybe
Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2019
Appleyard:

Ordinary Yemenis? Are you even listening to yourself? Which ordinary Yemeni citizen would take up guns they can not use and marched on to the frontlines to fight an enemy knowing they can die? Can u do that?. undecided

Your excuses doesn't make any logical sense.and you want to make it look as if there is a sharp difference between Yemenis and Saudis. All Arabs look alike, and that's a fact in the middle east.

Those captured soldiers were mostly Mercenaries from Pakistan, India, and regular Saudi forces. They were all fighting for the house of saud ,and like the cowards they are, they were beaten black and blue and surrendered haplessly. So stop making excuses for them.

The Saudi's grand troops are well documented for extreme failure and cowardice. Even a combination of Nigeria Civil Defense and Niger Delta militants can demonstrate better bravery than this toothless bulldog of an army called Saudi forces.

India is not a member of Saudi led IMCTC coalition. So u r news of captured Indians is pure baloney.

There are no mercs in IMCTC , all are serving or reserve soldiers from Islamic countries fighting for the Saudis.

Indian soldiers operates only in India and UN designated missions in foreign countries.

Failed and near bankrupt countries like Sudan, Pakistan etc offer their military services to other rich gulf countries in exchange of money.
Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Appleyard(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2019
nemesis8u:

India is not a member of Saudi led IMCTC coalition. So u r news of captured Indians is pure baloney.

There are no mercs in IMCTC , all are serving or reserve soldiers from Islamic countries fighting for the Saudis.

Failed and near bankrupt countries like Sudan, Pakistan etc offer their military services to other rich gulf countries in exchange of money.

Oh,did I mentioned India? My bad. I meant to say Iraqis.But Houthis themselves claim there were Pak mercenaries alongside the captured.

https://www.newkerala.com/news/read/220969/houthis-claim-pak-iraq-mercenaries-among-hundreds-of-troops-captured-during-saudi-attack.html

There were mercenaries among them,and even the video released by the Houthis confirms it.

My point is, whether they are regular or mercs, one thing is always clear, Saudi Arabia is a coward bunch of lunatics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2019
Appleyard:

Oh,did I mentioned India? My bad. I meant to say Iraqis.But Houthis themselves claim there were Pak mercenaries alongside the captured.

https://www.newkerala.com/news/read/220969/houthis-claim-pak-iraq-mercenaries-among-hundreds-of-troops-captured-during-saudi-attack.html

There were mercenaries among them,and even the video released by the Houthis confirms it.

My point is, whether they are regular or mercs, one thing is always clear, Saudi Arabia is a coward bunch of lunatics.

Never disputed anything u wrote except for the mention of India

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia:Houthi Rebels Claim Capture Of 'thousands' Of Saudi Troops by Appleyard(m): 11:35am On Oct 01, 2019
nemesis8u:

Never disputed anything u wrote except for the mention of India
Thanks for helping to correct that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

China’s Digital Currency Is A Threat To Dollar Dominance / Video: Ukraine President Speech At Grammys 2022 / South Africa Rejects The Dalai Lama ( China's Puppet)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.