Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,266 members, 7,822,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija (57949 Views)

5 Most Beautiful Female Housemates On BBNaija 2019 / Top 5 Most Expensive Housemates On BBNaija 2019 Show / Tacha & Mercy Eke: Are These The Hottest Girls On #bbnaija 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by BENJAMINEZE4: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2019
[quote author=nototribalist post=82695937]Dumb calculation, are you calculating base on population. 170m Nigerians can't be stupidd like that.

One person can vote up to 100 times it's not the whole of Nigeria that is voting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by pocohantas(f): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2019
How did you come up with these numbers and how do you assume everyone voted via SMS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Starhearts: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:
Some people are voting through Dstv/gotv mobile apps now. So, no b everybody dey use money to vote

U need mental therapy
So no be money dem dey take subscribe, abi
U need another head

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by lomprico(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2019
sinkhole:
God, please give me this mind and brain to happily scam 2million, brainless Nigerians, 20naira each. Amen!

it's easy and many are doing it! Simply goan open a church.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by ngwababe(f): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2019
You just sat down and starts calculating someone's profit after doing his business, and all you could come up with is that his customers are fools, na wa for una noooo! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by 3RNEST(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2019
Lordjb:
Na Audio money grin see my signature below for link to stream BBNaija live
They don't know grin

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by chukel(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2019
These useless youths are the reason this country will never progress.
Just tell me why buhari won't increase vat. Why won't CBN place charges everywhere. Why won't FIRS place tax on use of internet. There is money in this country. The youths have misplaced priority

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by bluefilm: 7:56am On Sep 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Bro BBN is a business geared towards yeye people who want to become famous at any cost, and foolish V0YEUR people helping them. Nobody is forcing anyone to vote.

You are so right.

Even God and Satan know that I cannot spend even shishi on voting for anything in that nonsense show.

In fact, even if the voting is free, I still wont participate.
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by RexTramadol1: 7:56am On Sep 30, 2019
nototribalist:
Dumb calculation, are you calculating base on population. 170m Nigerians can't be stupidd like that.

Only u reason
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by lomprico(m): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2019
Truflame:
Why can't the masses contribute these money to help unemployed people nationwide?

The afore mentioned amount of cash contributed so far can go a long way to reduce the spate of criminality happening in the country today.

Misplaced priority and the Nigerian people appears to be inseperable.

why cant tithe givers and seed sowers and first fruit givers nationwide contribute these money to help the unemployed also?
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by sinkhole: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2019
lomprico:

it's easy and many are doing it! Simply goan open a church.
thank you my friend, God bless you angry
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by joseph1832(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2019
samuelchimmy:
170,000,000 votes times 30naira = 5,100,000,000
How did you come about this?
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by openmine(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2019
RocksQueen:
It is not! Most of it are online votes. That is free and one person can vote 10,000 times. tongue

Individuals pay millions of naira daily and weekly to keep individual house mates in bbnaija!
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Barzinime(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2019
This one too will be claiming he is wiser than. Buhari oo

Did the voting occur only once?
Just one person can have 20 votes
I don't watch the nonsense anyways I only read about it online

nototribalist:
Dumb calculation, are you calculating base on population. 170m Nigerians can't be stupidd like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by lomprico(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2019
sinkhole:
thank you my friend, God bless you angry

you are welcome.
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by meobizy(f): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2019
These figures were pulled out of whose ass?

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by 3RNEST(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

Very wrong information you have there. Majority of the votes were free.

You can't just multiply the total votes by N30.

What happened to the 100 vote given to every GoTv and DSTV subscribers?

Plus 200 Online Votes via Mobile and Desktop.

Assume u have 100 Sim cards x 200 grin
Free Votes Rank More, they don't know...
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Truflame: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2019
lomprico:

why cant tithe givers and seed sowers and first fruit givers nationwide contribute these money to help the unemployed also?

Everyone must come together to rescue the unemployed from the misery afflicting them.

No one is exonerated. Infact, you should start thinking of alleviating the misery afflicting your next door neighbor.

Change begins with you and I

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Royalfurnitures: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2019
The figure could be higher that that, the organisers are really making it big

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by openmine(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2019
JJOF:
Pls how is bbn making money from the voting.
an individual votes for a specific house mate with 10 million naira worth of votes every day!
Let's say a 10000 individuals from different states in nigeria with #2 million each vote for different house mates,which is 10000 × 2million =?
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by bighorlus(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

BBN is what Americans call a rip-off. When people are tricked to pay for what doesn't improve their lives.

An example is 300% increase in a perfume's price due to carton design.

True nobody was forced, but they were tricked. Even 419ers don't force you to pay money.

Now that they sense that the public knows their trick, they'll probably come up with a new rip-off tactic in future editions. They'll start giving gift and price to random voters. Even that one too will be a bigger rip-off.

They have started giving gifts already, even the furnitures in the house would be won by random voters. Interesting times we live in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Timileyin1234(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2019
Starhearts:

U need mental therapy
So no be money dem dey take subscribe, abi
U need another head
Ur fada need mental orientation. Those that subscribe are dey watching bbnaija alone, moreso, na voting Op write. Don’t quote me again if u no wan Ogun to kee u
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Bolajilukmon93(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2019
I wonder why president M. Buhari said the youth are lazy. youth contributing this huge amount of money and effort to this useless show call BB9ja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by openmine(m): 8:10am On Sep 30, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

Very wrong information you have there. Majority of the votes were free.

You can't just multiply the total votes by N30.

What happened to the 100 vote given to every GoTv and DSTV subscribers?

forget about the free votes....the paid votes are the ones bbnaija will take into account!
and besides,can 100 votes keep or prevent a house mate from being evicted when an individual can part with a million naira worth of votes for an individual house mate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by skukimania(f): 8:11am On Sep 30, 2019
People vote online too. It's not all by SMS.
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by MoIbrahim: 8:12am On Sep 30, 2019
OP, where did you get the 170 million from?

samuelchimmy:
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Toks2008(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2019
samuelchimmy:

How does big brother naija make money?

The host of last year edition Ebuka Obi-Uchendu will be stepping in the third time to host the show. During last years show, he disclosed that over a whopping 170 million votes were cast in the course of the season. He said 30 million of it came in the final week. Wow! But, there has been an unanswered question in the hearts of viewers in Nigeria and Africa.

Nigerians and Africans who voted wanted their favorite Big Brother Naijahousemate to win the prize money of N25 million. But most Nigerians were not aware of the billions of cash their vote was raking in for “Multichoice Nigeria”; the organizers of big brother naija.

There are diverse comments on social media suggesting that even though the show may have made what looks like some ‘extravagant spending’, it may have raked well as much as N5.1Billion! Wow!

The above figures still show that the organizers of the show actually made something huge as profit from what came out of the show.

This also is because the revealed revenue from SMS does not include income from adverts and sponsorships from companies like PayPorte, Heritage bank, MiniMee, Pepsi, Dano milk, among a host of several others.

Even after the Telecoms have taken their share of their earnings of the Big Brother Naija organizers, there will still be a very significant profit for big guys.

We could very well point out that the several millions of Naira raked from advertising and sponsorship would be more than enough to cover the costs for putting the show together.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjaq_Ds_ffkAhWFyYUKHQm9AK4QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbbn.ng%2Fentertainment%2Fhow-big-brother-naija-makes-money%2F5712%2F&psig=AOvVaw2xLQBZQ2R9uFRvQwRJdjkZ&ust=1569913549593481

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Quorax: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2019
immortalcrown:
With the growing population of fools in a society, it is easy to make money in the society.

Your head correct. I for give you better beer for this comment.

I have always sympathise with people and not want to make money off their foolishness but heck, I know some guys in my clique who damned it and they are racking millions.

In 2020, I no go look anybody face.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by wonlasewonimi: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2019
emeijeh:
Jobless and lazy youths

I quite agree with you; substantial number of Nigerians are stupid.
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by bbamusa: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2019
samuelchimmy:
bunch of Lazy youth, you go dey blame Buhari for your woos again, .. spit....

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by NaijaDonCast(m): 8:19am On Sep 30, 2019
School em
fergieboy:
Lol na so na

Do you no how much them take build that house they are staying with all the world best interior inside

With all the food Cindy and other housemate they chop

The money that they will pay all those celebrities coming to the house and performing

Powering up generator for straight 3month
Re: This Is How Much Nigerians Have Spent Voting On BBNaija by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2019
pocohantas:
How did you come up with these numbers and how do you assume everyone voted via SMS?

Finally, somebody decided to use their brain....people just like to assume numbers...

170M indeed.....he’s just trying to induce people’s mind with fictitious shocking figures for reaction

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Pics Of BBNaija Bisola Wit Iyanya At 1st Ever MTN Project Fame In 2008 / BBNaija: Alex Mother's Kitchen By Dano Milk (Pictures) / BBNaija Vandora: I Saw Bitto's Manhood, I Ran Out Of The Bathroom That Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.