Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? (347 Views)

Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor / Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Bacteriologist(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
Our knowledge of science rightly suggests that we have 8 planets in our solar system and we have multiple thousands of solar systems(and I'm pretty conservative with that estimate) in our galaxy, the Milky Way.

From the above, we can deduce that we cannot but have anything short of millions of planets existing in our galaxy alone. There are equally millions of galaxies in the universe.

This brings the possible number of planets to mind-boggling numbers. In the quintillions.

Now Theists, specifically Abrahamic theists,(Muslims, Judaists and Christians)believe that a god created this incredibly vast universe with the intent to have a personal relationship with them. Some believe that a god who made all these cares about what we wear as clothes or what we eat and who we have sex with.

Why would it make sense to think a god in all that might needs us to remind him every Friday/Saturday/Sunday about how great he is?

I find this to be a very narcissistic, self-centered and arrogant belief to hold.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Bacteriologist(m): 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
Afterthought 1:

Some Christians claim that living a good life is not enough to get a human into heaven except a belief in Jesus is compulsory confessed and confirmed.

How ridiculously arrogant does this belief sound? Why would a good god send a good person to hell simply because they didn't recite a statement of 3 lines?

1 Like

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by OtemAtum: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
Jehovah and thousands of his brothers and sisters on earth are after followers, same way a celebrity wants followers on twitter, facebook, instagram etc. And they can do anything to trend.

Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Mazda and the rest of the beings whom humans worship are not the creators of the Universe, but creations in the Universe. They are all striving to be relevant in the minds of humanity, just like some earthly celebrities.

1 Like

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by LordReed(m): 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Bacteriologist:

Why would it make sense to think a god in all that might needs us to remind him every Friday/Saturday/Sunday about how great he is?

I find this to be a very narcissistic, self-centered and arrogant belief to hold.

Thoughts?

Even when I was a Christian I struggled with the idea that Jehovah wanted me to dance alone in my room just so he can watch me and be pleased. It sounds creepy and crummy.

3 Likes

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
LordReed:

Even when I was a Christian I struggled with the idea that Jehovah wanted me to dance alone in my room just so he can watch me and be pleased. It sounds creepy and crummy.

There you go again you misinformed Churchgoer, you were NEVER a Christian! wink
Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
Bacteriologist:
Our knowledge of science rightly suggests that we have 8 planets in our solar system and we have multiple thousands of solar systems(and I'm pretty conservative with that estimate) in our galaxy, the Milky Way.

From the above, we can deduce that we cannot but have anything short of millions of planets existing in our galaxy alone. There are equally millions of galaxies in the universe.

This brings the possible number of planets to mind-boggling numbers. In the quintillions.

Now Theists, specifically Abrahamic theists,(Muslims, Judaists and Christians)believe that a god created this incredibly vast universe with the intent to have a personal relationship with them. Some believe that a god who made all these cares about what we wear as clothes or what we eat and who we have sex with.

Thoughts?

@bolded question!

That's a totally wrong concept Sir, God doesn't need anything of such.

All he wanted is for intelligent creatures {humans} to live happily and peacefully without anything making them fear!

It's false religions that has misrepresented him in so many ways, causing confusion. But when you come in contact with his true representatives, you'll marvel at the high intellect of TRUE Christians!
Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THEY HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT, AND NON-CHRISTIANS ARE MISSING OUT ON THE FAVOURS THEIR CHRISTIAN SUPREME GOD HAS MADE AVAILABLE FOR THEM. THEY BELIEVE THAT THEY'RE THE MOST SPECIAL OF ALL HUMANS AND DEMAND RESPECT, SPECIAL TREATMENT AND VENERATION.

WHERE IT GETS WORSE IS THAT AMONG DENOMINATIONS, THESE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THAT THEIR OWN DENOMINATION IS THE RIGHT ONE, WHILE THE REST ARE ATHEISTS AND PAGANS THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.

SOMETIMES IT'S STUPID. SOMETIMES IT'S FUNNY. MOST TIMES IT'S BOTH.

1 Like

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THEY HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT, AND NON-CHRISTIANS ARE MISSING OUT ON THE FAVOURS THEIR CHRISTIAN SUPREME GOD HAS MADE AVAILABLE FOR THEM. THEY BELIEVE THAT THEY'RE THE MOST SPECIAL OF ALL HUMANS AND DEMAND RESPECT, SPECIAL TREATMENT AND VENERATION.

WHERE IT GETS WORSE IS THAT AMONG DENOMINATIONS, THESE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THAT THEIR OWN DENOMINATION IS THE RIGHT ONE, WHILE THE REST ARE ATHEISTS AND PAGANS THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.

SOMETIMES IT'S STUPID. SOMETIMES IT'S FUNNY. MOST TIMES IT'S BOTH.

All you need to do is a careful study to be certain of what Christians are supposed to be doing,then watch closely those doing it!

I can claim to be a graduate of engineering, perhaps because i love to be addressed as engineer "Do Nothing". But it's only a slowpoke that will assume i'm truly an engineer when i can't perform any task in the field of engineering. wink

So instead of assuming that all those claiming Christians are Christians, why not try ascertain for yourself what it means to be a Christian?

For instance, most people thought they're Christians either because they're kind, nice, hospitable and so on. While some like LordReed thought he was a Christian because his parents claim to be Christians and they taught him some acts of worship that's widely accepted in the society! cheesy

After all there is a written document that tells how the founder of the group began, how he was accepted, the class of people who accepted him, how he was accused, arrested, arraigned, tried, judged and executed by religious title chiefs of his time, and how much those religious title chiefs fought tough to silence his followers from propagating [b[his teachings[/b]. He said "the same kind of treatment will be given to all those PRACTICING what he taught" Matthew 10:22-24

So if today you just see different types of religious groups having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all claiming followers of the same guy, and you simply concluded that they're all his followers. Well it tells much on the type of researcher you are and your level of intelligence! wink
Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by orunto27: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
Theists are not arrogant. God abhores arrogance.

Theists know who they are. All BornAgains know that they are The Faith, Sons and Daughters of Success and Co-Heirs to The Throne of God.
Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Bacteriologist(m): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
Maximus69:

There you go again you misinformed Churchgoer, you were NEVER a Christian! wink

I was busy at work I was going to post this as an afterthought 2.

The "no true Scotsman fallacy" is a sub-set of this egotistical belief-set. The idea that the Christian belief is perfect and so perfect to the extent where no 'true follower' would renounce it is ignorant and self-absorbant.

The Muslim also thinks the same; "Ex-muslims were never true Muslims to begin with." Same goes for Judaists, Buddhists and Hindus.

This logic would suggest people migrating out of Nigeria for whatever reasons where never 'true nigerians' to begin with? In like manner, Americans leaving their country to Europe were never true Americans right? Of course not.

Does it not occur to you how arrogant and narcissistic that sort of belief is?

1 Like

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Bacteriologist(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
Maximus69:

@bolded question!

That's a totally wrong concept Sir, God doesn't need anything of such.

All he wanted is for intelligent creatures {humans} to live happily and peacefully without anything making them fear!

It's false religions that has misrepresented him in so many ways, causing confusion. But when you come in contact with his true representatives, you'll marvel at the high intellect of TRUE Christians!

The commandment were god demands worship for himself and himself only indicates that god's needs human worship.

Humans are not the only intelligent creatures. If god was willing and able to make us live happily and peacefully -which honestly would be great- why did he create evil? Why does he not end it?

Have you heard of the epicurean paradox?
Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Bacteriologist(m): 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
LordReed:

I can relate with this. Although I often thought it was never enough. I usually pondered about how many churches would be singing praises to god every other sunday and it suddenly occured to me why a self-acclaimed omnipotent deity would need to be verbally massaged by his own handwork.

2 Likes

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Bacteriologist:

I was busy at work I was going to post this as an afterthought 2.

The "no true Scotsman fallacy" is a sub-set of this egotistical belief-set. The idea that the Christian belief is perfect and so perfect to the extent where no 'true follower' would renounce it is ignorant and self-absorbant.

The Muslim also thinks the same; "Ex-muslims were never true Muslims to begin with." Same goes for Judaists, Buddhists and Hindus.

This logic would suggest people migrating out of Nigeria for whatever reasons where never 'true nigerians' to begin with? In like manner, Americans leaving their country to Europe were never true Americans right? Of course not.

Does it not occur to you how arrogant and narcissistic that sort of belief is?

Instead of concluding without asking thought provoking questions to notice if it's just what you think! wink

This is not about ego Sir!

I'm not contesting that Christianity is whatever you use to quantify it, but try to know the difference between a Christian and a Churchgoer.
You can only do this by studying diligently the creeds of Christianity as written and practiced by the first century Christians, then you'll find it easy to say if someone was a Christian at any point in time or not. the group name "Christians" is not just good and kind people,according to the book {Bible} Christians have a given task that they must deliver! that's all i'm saying Sir. smiley
Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by TVSA: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
grin Religious folks are very humble people

2 Likes

Re: Theists; Why Are You All Egoists And Especially Arrogant People ? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
Bacteriologist:

(1) The commandment were god demands worship for himself and himself only indicates that god's needs human worship.

Humans are not the only intelligent creatures.(2) If god was willing and able to make us live happily and peacefully -which honestly would be great- why did he create evil? (3)Why does he not end it?

(4)Have you heard of the epicurean paradox?

If you carefully read my post, you'll notice the uniqueness in my presentation that totally differ from any of those religious individuals you've heard before. The reason is "i'm one out of over 8,500,000 true Christians who have formed a happy Global Family of Peace Loving Worshippers"

Our presentation will surely keep you in suspense until you realise that Christianity is not what most people have been taught!

Now to your questions!

(1) God never needed our worship as in bowing down or gesture of any sort from the start! Obedience is the only thing he demanded, and this is appropriate since man {the only intelligent creature in flesh given the privilege to oversee all other creatures} will need thousands of years to know enough about his home "Earth". Moreover since man {intelligent creature} will multiply and each one of us is unique, there should be a form of principle guiding us on how to relate with one another, we need to first know exactly what we want and how to go about it without causing harm to others!
But some of us feel like dominating one another due to few privileges we have over others. For instance one of the unseen powerful intelligent creatures "Satan" wanted lower creatures to revere him since he's more powerful, intelligent and experienced than them. He is the one behind all these forms of worship prevalent in the world today!

(2) God never created anyone to become evil so that such ones will later be punished for playing their roles which of course supposed to have been destined by God!
God said "i CREATED those good ones as well as those evil ones you're seeing around" Now most people without deep thoughts will simply conclude and say "that's preposterous". But let's take it from another point of view. If someone says "don't fear that machine, there is no permanent harm it could cause that i can't handle because i myself made it and i know it's capacity"
Surely your mind will be at ease to an extent.
In the same manner God is telling his loyal ones not to fear the evil people, because God knows that all they could do for now is to terminate the life of their fellow man but afterwards they can't do nothing more. Matthew 10:28
Whereas God has the power to determine who will be brought back to life when all evildoers are gone for good! John 5:28-29, Psalms 37:7-11

(3) Surely you aren't feeling bad about the evil happening around than the way God is feeling about it!
But "why does he not just end it?"
Well it's because he has the power to right all the wrongs you and i are seeing today within few seconds. He knows that most humans won't have turned bad if they're getting enough of what they needed to live the life to the full. So he is pleading with honest hearted ones to persevere in order for him to prove to Satan that imperfect humans can withstand any difficulty brought against them if they're loyal to him. Job 1:7-12 compared to Proverbs 27:11
God have declared that Satan {a creature without flesh which do grow old, die and decay} will later join his co rebels "Adam and Eve" in their return to nonexistence. Genesis 3:14-15
This is a conversation between two entities who can't die naturally. God can't die and Satan as a mighty spirit being can only be exterminated by God himself who knows how to destroy a spirit being. So Satan is all out to make sure that none of Adam's offspring gain what Adam, Eve and himself can't get on their own "everlasting life", that's why he's running up and down the earth causing confusion. But God has set a time in his own jurisdiction when Satan, demons and all evildoers will be exterminated for good! Psalms 37:34
(4) As for the paradox, it's when you're not thoroughly informed about what is happening that you'll be carried away by the gibberish protruding from the mouth of misinformed Churchgoers who aren't ready to humble themselves to learn from the right source! Roman 10:2-3 wink

(1) (Reply)

Hell Fire Is A Hoax / Nigerian Pastor Arrested For Preaching Without Permit In Kenya (photo) / How To Get Riches From Spiritual Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.