Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity (65540 Views)

Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo) / Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Kapeter(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
Otunbascotty:
you are still lying. The high chief arowa of ado- ekiti compound in ado- ekiti is just adjacent to the palace. I frequent arowas compound too. That's the only place where you find tomb of past arowas. Kings aren't buried oga they ain't human. Visit ewi of ado vast palace next year for udi uroko and kindly take pictures of the tombs u can find there and post here let's all see. Since you want to sell your lies by all means.
Kings are not buried? So they burn them?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by BRASH: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
Guy if i have the chance, i will sell it. What value does it add to ur life? Afterall, u can always make a replica of it.
ogbonti:

Must everything of value be sold? You come across as a prodigal son or at best a very hungry fellow... what makes you think there is any amount worth selling the Obalufon stuff for? Have you heard a Briton talk about selling artifacts from the Burkingham Palace?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Unicorno: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
nigeria is rich in culture sha
that deity would sum up to like a million bucks
quite an antique

Omo I think say na only me dey see the dwarf antique,na millions of dollars be that.o which keeps me wondering,who designed such masterpiece and could we possibly still have artists who can carve such in Nigeria today cry
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by ogbonti: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
BRASH:
Guy if i have the chance, i will sell it. What value does it add to ur life? Afterall, u can always make a replica of it.

And if u sell am buy food chop, u no go hungry again abi? Man go and look for work and stop fooling yourself on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Lee29: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
hehehehe. Sense will not kill you brother. God bless you for this wonderful response. The whites came here and told us our fore-fathers are all demons and lied to us about our culture and also distort history for their own gain.

do you know that those whites were also idol worshippers before embracing Christ? Jesus is the reason America and Britain became great; and they'll lose their relevance the day they reject him.

Many of your idolatrous practices like the Oranmiyan staff in Ile ife is like Asherah pole that God detests. The whites abolished idolatrous practices, and became great; whereas in this 21st century, Nigerians kept on killing people for rituals in the name of culture
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Kapeter(m): 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
sammhi:

The stupidity of Africans is legendary..no wonder they are the most backward race amongst all
What did so called deity done for him or third so called race? You are still enslave to the white man in every way and worse enslaved by your fellow Fulani man in same country you share with them
All your so called gods are so powerless hence they usually die and leave no legacy of any sort except barbarism , poverty etc
Even if you don't want to see the living God then stay human and stop being slave to things you are actually greater than.
you mumu sha. Just because where you come from doesn't have history and culture doesn't mean we all like that. My grandfather that died here in just early 19's was almost turn into diety by his children because he was so powerful while he was alive. One of them that eventually try the route once got his answers when he was having problems if he had not discontinued for christianity sake he'd have idolised the man and it'd have been today.

If you should have read your bible carefully, you'd have seen that giants(powerful) live in this earth at some point in time and the sons of God came down to mate with beautiful women God created and they have generations.

I know someone like you will surely believe in Greek gods(mytholdology) like Apollo, Poisedon and all. Your mumu will do someday.

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by KingOdart(m): 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
Lee29:

do you know that those whites were also idol worshippers before embracing Christ? Jesus is the reason America and Britain became great; and they'll lose their relevance the day they reject him.

Many of your idolatrous practices like the Oranmiyan staff in Ile ife is like Asherah pole that God detests. The whites abolished idolatrous practices, and became great; whereas in this 21st century, Nigerians kept on killing people for rituals in the name of culture

You are still mentally enslave to your white masters and you are trying your best to copy them because to you they are perfect and only what they do is right.

The same white people have now legalized homosexuality, Transgender, gay, lesbianism that are all against what Christianity stand for unless you now believe Jesus was gay too according to those fagg0ts.

But somehow you slavery loving Africans still think of them as Christians that must be ass lick despite the legalization of those immoralities in their societies.

Sodom and gomora is now a child play compare to the Western world

You must also be advocating for homosexuality and transgender in Nigeria because the Europeans practices and approved it too

The most popular Religion in China is their traditional religion and they are very progressive.

The Europeans that legalized homosexuality are now no longer pagans but real christians to you while your own race are the true devil worshippers grin

The Europeans are hardly having any problems for legalizing immoralities and all kind of things the Bible is against and their crimes against humanity but it is the Africa continent that must drown in problems for every silly things.

Wow you are indeed mentally enslave to your white masters

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by iamfromlagos(f): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
hehehehe. Sense will not kill you brother. God bless you for this wonderful response. The whites came here and told us our fore-fathers are all demons and lied to us about our culture and also distort history for their own gain.
#word
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by KingWarri: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

In as much as you belong to a community with a traditional ruler, you are a subject to the ruler of that community the same way an English man is a subject of the queen.

Common gerraroye... Na by force to be subject

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by uuzba(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
immortalityk:

Don't ask questions about what doesn't concern u
An advice
Doesn't concern me? What do you mean?
Is the Ooni guy not a Nigerian? Is he not here in Nigeria?
Abeg shift.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by immortalityk: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
uuzba:

Doesn't concern me? What do you mean?
Is the Ooni guy not a Nigerian? Is he not here in Nigeria?
Abeg shift.
Ok
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Kapeter(m): 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
Lee29:

you these people sha. God mad America and Britain great buh didn't make Israel which He love the most greater than both countries. I laugh in Yoruba. There is nothing like idolatory, idolatory is when you carved out a god for yourself and worship it. Celebrating our fathers and fore-fathers is like when you remember your late grandfather, like when Christians celebrate Jesus.

Lemme tell you this, you know when my grandfather was alive, every jan 5th he always host his family, i mean every f**king person(all his children, grand children and great grandchildren). After his demise his children carried it upon himself and till datem evey jan 5th, it's always observed, he always kill goats for this occasion when he was here, and his children always do same, we all gather, and celebrate every 5th, before starting the ceremony, the family pray, sing granpapa eulogy and the feast begin. Someday, an ignoramos will show up and tell us we are worshiping an idol. They will tell us how we are worshipping late grand-dad and wouldn't see it as a legacy.

That's exactly the yoruba culture that has been demonizsed looks like, that was how it all started.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Starhearts: 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Davash222:
Who transformed him into a deity

U well soo
Who did diz to u

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by sammhi(m): 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
you mumu sha. Just because where you come from doesn't have history and culture doesn't mean we all like that. My grandfather that died here in just early 19's was almost turn into diety by his children because he was so powerful while he was alive. One of them that eventually try the route once got his answers when he was having problems if he had not discontinued for christianity sake he'd have idolised the man and it'd have been today.

If you should have read your bible carefully, you'd have seen that giants(powerful) live in this earth at some point in time and the sons of God came down to mate with beautiful women God created and they have generations.

I know someone like you will surely believe in Greek gods(mytholdology) like Apollo, Poisedon and all. Your mumu will do someday.
I don't believe in the Greek gods too....
I dont see any value the Africans gods have offered to these so called deity except backwardness . It is best to forget them all. They are at the root of the backwardness of Africans and African leaders . They serve these demons and In turn commit all sorts of evils like killings, human rituals, murder , injustice .they also become greedy , selfish, stealing their citizens Commonwealth and creating widespread poverty and highly poor and defective intelligence. eg Mugabe , Idia Amin , Mobutu Seseko, etc
So you choose to serve the demons God chased from Heaven .....na wa!
The living God ways is the best . It a a way of love , peace , justice and prosperity for all.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by AreaFada2: 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olysblog:
Lived for 500 yrs. Oba, abeg tell us who count the exact yrs?
Who counted Metuselah's age? You and I certainly weren't there to do the counting, were we? grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by centboy123456(m): 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
useurkidney3121:
Can u stop replying that mad man pls

hahahah leve them na am enjoying it
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by cyojunior1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olysblog:
Lived for 500 yrs. Oba, abeg tell us who count the exact yrs?

while ur own Jesus also existed 2000 years ago too , and who counted that years too

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by tspouse(m): 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
shineeye1:
And a "Prophetess" married him! Where did she throw away the injunction of not being unequally yoked? Beware of the clamour for worldly glamour. Truly the Master said, if any man or woman loves this world , the love of the Father CANNOT be in him or her
why do Christian still join army and kill,when the bible says thou shall not kill

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by follock007(m): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
what is he holding?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by cyojunior1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
Lee29:

this guy's is just another clown . America and brritain are great because they accepted jesus ?

ye pa ! what is has gone wrong with ur dear Nigeria ?
I can't just stop laughing at ur stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Rajiokazaki(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
if your cultural believes isn't this rich or have this sort of records, it doesn't make others any less true .... it's their culture and belief ....probably we are to leave it for them that way ,, instead of arguing and starting to look very foolish and thoughtless
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by criuze(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
A lot of human sacrifice for this subservient culture
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by shogsman(m): 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
One idiot is saying he so much love his humility, how d heck does that relate to this picture.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Marculey58: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

By their subjects. Ogun and Sango are two very popular Yoruba deities that are still being worshiped till today all over the region. Both were Kings during their lifetime. In fact, Ogun is the predecessor and father of Ooni Obalufon Ogbogbodirin that Ooni Ogunwusi recreated in the above picture.

In the palace of every leading Yoruba Monarch, there is a groove/shrine where former kings are buried. The people of the town go their annually to worship and offer sacrifice.
Sango was never a King
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by follock007(m): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
cyojunior1:

this guy's is just another clown . America and brritain are great because they accepted jesus ?

ye pa ! what is has gone wrong with ur dear Nigeria ?
I can't just stop laughing at ur stupidity

he is telling the truth... but that is not to say there are no fanatical extremist of mixed christiandom... why begin to cram all the titles of the same God (like a little good student) when all is embedded in one name Jesus, as if you don't have a job?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by follock007(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
criuze:
A lot of human sacrifice for this subservient culture

you don't say smiley
i am a living sacrifice about to experience a transcendence... i am drooling for the Nigeria cultural factor in policy making, bro
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by follock007(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
shogsman:
One idiot is saying he so much love his humility, how d heck does that relate to this picture.

it is a side effect of highness

just like you can convert YEAST into Yea Sit = Yes Kid ... All join
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
This thread is really cracking me up ������

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by NkitaAla: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
[s]
ola33t:
First time I could ever remember I saw this pics was on TAO11 profile days ago (26/9/19) when i mistakenly clicked her profile and I saved her profile for some reason that day.

Yesterday again TAO11 posted this pics on a NL thread.

Today again, it's the story about this same pics on TAO11 profile.

Sometimes I don't understand this NL and NLanders. Seems mysterious some times undecided
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.