Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account (1473 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Brio984(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
good afternoon all it just happened to me I used pos to send money to a wrong account PLS is there anything I can do PLS those that work in bank PLS help.. I have the account number and the name of the person PLS is their a way I can get the persons phone number... the persons name is IZUWA EMMANUEL it's a FIRST BANK ACCOUNT..

PLS I NEED HELP
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
Take heart, Bro.

1 Like

Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
unfortunately, there's nothing you can do bro.
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by blessedvisky(m): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
Izuwa?? Sorry
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Tobinrobin(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
Yes call your bank & tell them this.. this should be easily rectifiable by Bank. They only have to contact first bank and help you. It’s no big deal

3 Likes

Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Flexherbal(m): 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Call your bank, immediately.

1 Like

Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Brio984(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
Flexherbal:
Call your bank, immediately.
first bank is yet to pick my call

1 Like

Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Brio984(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Tobinrobin:
Yes call your bank & tell them this.. this should be easily rectifiable by Bank. They only have to contact first bank and help you. It’s no big deal
thank you sir
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by damtan(m): 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
The transaction can be reversed. Call your bank or send a mail
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by ubcandid(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Brio984:
first bank is yet to pick my call

Contact them on Facebook immediately. Very swift.
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by pocohantas(f): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
OP, I am sorry about the situation. I also understand that you are under pressure- but it is not right to disclose the name of the receiver on a public forum.

-He didn't defraud you, neither has he been contacted to refund and he refused.
-He is probably a good Nigerian, wondering where money came from and waiting for the next working day to report to his bank.

What you should do?
If you haven't done that...
Contact your bank's e-team, via call or their social media page. Give them details of the erroneous transfer. They will contact FBN to RESTRICT the account. That is if FBN isn't your bank too. Same bank is always easier.

-There are two ways to get your money back.
1. The soft way: The RM will call the customer, explain to him and he will transfer it back to you with his church mind.

2. The hard way: Get a court order for FBN to effect a reversal.

Whichever way you choose, call your bank's e-team first. They work 24hrs. Sorry this came late...

9 Likes

Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by oloyedayo(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
A friend of mine made same mistake two months ago. He is still looking for way out till now.
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Chrisus(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Take down the guy's name biko
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by dingbang(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2019
Brio984:
good afternoon all it just happened to me I used pos to send money to a wrong account PLS is there anything I can do PLS those that work in bank PLS help.. I have the account number and the name of the person PLS is their a way I can get the persons phone number... the persons name is it's a FIRST BANK ACCOUNT..

PLS I NEED HELP
goodmorning Brio984. I understand your predicament, i just called you on phone. you'll need to visit any first bank branch closest to you to lodge the complaint and your money will be reversed. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Macgyver1: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:
OP, I am sorry about the situation. I also understand that you are under pressure- but it is not right to disclose the name of the receiver on a public forum.

-He is probably a good Nigerian, wondering where money came from and waiting for the next working day to report to his bank.

What you should do?
Contact your bank's e-team, via call or their social media page. Give them details of the erroneous transfer. They will contact FBN to RESTRICT the account. That is if FBN isn't your bank too. Same bank is always easier.

1. The soft way: The RM will call the customer, explain to him and he will transfer it back to you with his church mind.

Whichever way you choose, call your bank's e-team first. They work 24hrs. Sorry this came late...

You smart
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Brio984(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
dingbang:
goodmorning Brio984. I understand your predicament, i just called you on phone. you'll need to visit any first bank branch closest to you to lodge the complaint and your money will be reversed. Cheers
I just did that sir.. it's going on well.
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Brio984(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
pocohantas:

What you should do?

thank you very much ma
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Call your bsnk Asap
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by pocohantas(f): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
Brio984:
thank you very much ma

Has it been resolved?
Re: Help I Mistakenly Transferred 195k To A Wrong Account by Makavelli25: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
Brio984:
thank you very much ma
Has this been resolved. I just made same mistake first bank also

(1) (Reply)

Imagine What Sterling Bank Sent Me / If You Have Been To Emeka Offor Plaza In Onitsha Pls Share Your Experience / What Viable Business Can One Do With N20m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.