Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban (20271 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Charged By FA For Smashing Everton Supporter's Phone / Thomas Tuchel And Antonio Conte Charged By FA After Chelsea Vs Tottenham Clash / Ronaldo Angry As Bernardo Silva Wins Nations League Best Player - Fans Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
Despite all this jingles and adverts against racism in football some players still promote it secretly and they will say its a joke......I wait for the day one continent will pull out of the world cup and form their own

2 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Niflheim(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
This is racism?

DAFUQ IS ZIZ SHEET!!!

The last time when Madonna's kids(the black kids she adopted) were massaging her feet, some fools were claiming that it was "FORCED LABOUR WITHOUT SALARY", now this one?

Madonna's kids at the time were not up to 11 years old!!!

How can your mother tell you to massage her feet and a FOOL will claim that it is child abuse?

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Xkalaban(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
baiaon:
Lets not fool ourselves here.No white person can truly be a black persons "friend".Bernardo Silva tweet was a backhanded insult directed at Mendy which he is trying to pass off as a "joke".Sterling and mendy are supporting silva because their paymasters told them to

Well I don't get it when some folks start getting all emotional when ppl start acting racist or their actions are perceived as such. If u call me black monkey I'd call u a white trash or yellow pig pending on ur color. I'm proud to be a nigga and shld some fool try to get @me for being black, I'd respond in kind.... grin

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by CrestMan: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Someone cannot play with his colleague in peace again? undecided

Even Mendy said B. Silva was just playing and didn't mean anything.

Nothing will come out of it.

BTW, when will the black colour stop playing victim to abuses/insults as if they are disadvantaged? cool

2 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
I guess I am racist now.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by donoro(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
I hope he misses Liverpool match cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by erons22(m): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
I guess I am racist now.
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by paradigmshift(m): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Kwanza:
83% and he is still charging his phone.

anything wrong with it ?
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by VicM6: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
After woman fear social media... if u know u know.
Even thou you tell ur sister say 'Bleep u' as joke, you go pay the price o.....
Thank God say whatsapp no dey allow awon werey see wetin u dey post unless dem get ur contact if not, many people for 9ja for don land jail tire..... lol

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Killmonger17: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
So we d blacks would continue 2 play disadvantaged to d whites 4 d rest of our lives on Earth.........
Chisos!!! person don troway mess 4 d bus wen I enter...its tacharing

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
Kwanza:
83% and he is still charging his phone.
paradigmshift:
anything wrong with it ?
Exactly .. you typically charge to 100% cheesy
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Kwanza: 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
grin grin
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by kunlero111: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
As it is right now, one can't really be sure of what is right or wrong on this racism issues. I strongly believe Benardo Silva didn't mean it that way....and the real racists are out there, dem no go arrest them. This is like a case of leaving leprosy to cure eczema.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
I have concluded, its not racism but after seeing the picture and the cartoon, i changed my mind immediately. The pics combined speak volumes.
He deserves 6games ban seriously.
Too bad of him.

2 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Oasis007(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
einsteine:

Did you see where the friend that this was done to sent a letter of support?

Calling every thing racism trivialises actual racism.

Listen up Man.... The damn Post was made on Twitter - one of the largest social Media in the World! Did you see the Numbers of Favs and Retweets? You think most Whites that retweeted did it for fun?!

BTW..... I am certain Mendy was pained but had to let go cos they are Friends. See the Lips ffs! Don't you know Mendy does open Mouth during Games and has big Lips? The Action is Racism, the Intent ain't matter pls!

3 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by fortran12: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
It's racism no matter how you see it, some things you don't joke about especially after doing it twice.
That's like calling him a negro while laughing and claiming it's a joke.
You can't make anti-semitic jokes no matter who you are, you're gone career wise.
The person who the tweet is aimed at was not offended.so so why be offended on behalf of someone else. Mandy even responded to the tweet.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by uunwanaobong3: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
Mr man, IF THAT NEWS WAS A GOOD NEW FOR MANCITY U FOR BRING AM COME FRONT PAGE?
always happy for mancity downfall as if mancity dey give u orgasm.
By the way how friendship joke between two childhood friends (silva and mendy) take be recist...over the years we have seen people both black and white being compare with a cartoons that depict them and no body was ban.
And is FA telling us that the chocolate company that uses the picture as a mascot, racist? If they are racist why cant spanish government ban them! Why are black people still working for the so call racist company, why do england import the so call racist chocolate to their country.
My broda, racism is the thing of the mind and not picture comparism. the person that notify the whole world about bernado tweets is more racist than bernado, because it is only evil man that will mistaken a good will to be evil. Even mendy was enjoying the joke in good conscience & berndo mean no harm. But we all know that FA is always looking for evidence to nail city.

2 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Chingykay77(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
It's racism no matter how you see it, some things you don't joke about especially after doing it twice.
You can't make anti-semitic jokes no matter who you are, you're gone career wise.

so you mean all this while i have been calling my friends omo ale ni e(you be bastards) means they are truly bastards ?

guy.....bernado silva have black players in his teams both country side and club side and he plays with them........ moreso incase you forgot he and mendy came from monaco and they both made a cool pair ..........so how is it racism?

so if Ronaldo do the same to marcelo na racism abi?

2 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Adakintroy2: 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

They are both friends it's not. Racism is in tented to offended. This did not I n anyway offend the reciever. Their are element of subjectivity in this thread things. I may call you a fool and also call my friend a fool. But we both know in our hearts if it's meant to be an insult.

Aside we too sensitive this days. Any little thing is we take offence. The one that they are suppose to react to with fans they will ingore. Na the one that two friend are just silently exchanging their own banter na them go take seriouse.
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Adakintroy2: 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

They are both friends it's not. Racism is in tented to offended. This did not anyway offend the reciever. Their are element of subjectivity in this hings. I may call you a fool and also call my friend a fool. But we both know in our hearts the one intended to be an insult.

Aside we too sensitive this days. Any little thing we take offence. The one that they are suppose to react to with fans they will ingore. Na the one that two friend are just silently exchanging their own banter na them go take seriouse.
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by uunwanaobong3: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
AND IF THAT SAME JOKE WAS DONE BETWEEN TWO BLACK FRIENDS OR PLAYERS WILL IT BE CALLED RACISM AND WILL FA INVESTIGATE IT? OR IF IT was MENDY THAT SEND A SIMILAR WHITE CARTOON PICTURE TO BERNADO, WILL BE INVESTIGATED??
HONESTLY, I BELIEVE IT IS HIGH TIME WE BLACKS STOP THIS NONE-SENSE LOW SELF ESTIME INFERIORITY COMPLEX ALL IN THE NAME OF RACISM AND FOCUS ON WHAT IS OUR MISSION HERE ON EARTH.. Let us not always demand pity and respect from the white, WE SHOULD EARNED THIS RESPECT BY OUR ACTIONS AND CONTRIBUTION TO HUMANITY. The earth is for all races... Honestly the white are praying and hoping for the black to be technologically advance, independent and playing a leading in the world so that together the entire race of man can join hands to move the world together (look at china), BUT african and blacks have refused to develope instead they keep playing a blaming game.
I cant just imagine what would have happen in UN, ECOWAS, EU, AU etc if it was the white south african killing black nigerians and africans.

2 Likes

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
Adakintroy2:

They are both friends it's not. Racism is in tented to offended. This did not anyway offend the reciever. Their are element of subjectivity in this hings. I may call you a fool and also call my friend a fool. But we both know in our hearts the one intended to be an insult.

Aside we too sensitive this days. Any little thing we take offence. The one that they are suppose to react to with fans they will ingore. Na the one that two friend are just silently exchanging their own banter na them go take seriouse.

Direct your preaching to the English FA, there are laid down rules and he violated the rule so he will be punished.
You comparing the word fool with a racist word even shows you don't get it.
Racism is not a thing to joke with simple.
By the way it wasn't silently exchanged it was posted on social media which is what made it an offence in the first place.
Because in Nigeria everything na paddy-paddy you see nothing wrong with it instead claiming it is innocent banter.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Chingykay77:

so you mean all this while i have been calling my friends omo ale ni e(you be bastards) means they are truly bastards ?

guy.....bernado silva have black players in his teams both country side and club side and he plays with them........ moreso incase you forgot he and mendy came from monaco and they both made a cool pair ..........so how is it racism?

so if Ronaldo do the same to marcelo na racism abi?

Is bastard a racist word? Do you even have an idea what racism is? They're talking about racism a global issue you're talking of stupid banter.
So if a slave master feeds his slave it makes slavery okay?
Your ignorance is disturbing.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by paradigmshift(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

mumu..
what is wrong with it, give a simple answer but u fooling urself.
gerarahere
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Chingykay77(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Is bastard a racist word? Do you even have an idea what racism is? They're talking about racism a global issue you're talking of stupid banter.
So if a slave master feeds his slave it makes slavery okay?
Your ignorance is disturbing.

YOU ARE MAD
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by TGMISKY(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
Someone can't joke with his friend again.
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
Chingykay77:

YOU ARE MAD

I would have been disappointed if you said anything reasonable. You can't rise above your level.
Go and get a life you ignorant tool.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by uunwanaobong3: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
baiaon:
Lets not fool ourselves here.No white person can truly be a black persons "friend".Bernardo Silva tweet was a backhanded insult directed at Mendy which he is trying to pass off as a "joke".Sterling and mendy are supporting silva because their paymasters told them to
For this particular statement that u make "no white person can truely be black person friend" it shows that u are a racist, and your heart is filled with hatred for the white, u do not deserve to be called human cos u are evil.... I am a black man with a black skin and i am proud of it, and if anybody call me a black man or associate the colour of my skin to black skin i am happy cos that is who i am and my heritage., i have so my white friends who are very good we laugh and make jokes of our being and race, i never get annoyed, they never get annoyed, i respect them and they respect me. I repeat racism is the thing of the mind.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by holuphisayor(m): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
Just tell us you guys want to weaken city grin
Mandy sef never complain.
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Bellotelli: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
This is just an ordinary banter among friends. I do get mocked by friends sometimes because of very dark skin color and we all laugh over it. Just like Sterling has explained. We should be careful with what we say and post on social media cos people tends to interpret based on their own understanding.

1 Like

Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by Adakintroy2: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=MASTERCHIEF0847 post=82772829]

Direct your preaching to the English FA, there are laid down rules and he violated the rule so he will be punished.
You comparing the word fool with a racist word even shows you don't get it.
Racism is not a thing to joke with simple.
By the way it wasn't silently exchanged it was posted on social media which is what made it an offence in the first place.
Because in Nigeria everything na paddy-paddy you see nothing wrong with it instead claiming it is innocent banter. [/quote

Everything is a thing to joke with even God or death. It depends on the context. This context is one between friends. Blacks refer to themselves as Nigas all the time.
Re: Bernardo Silva Charged By FA Over Mendy Tweet And Could Face Ban by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=Adakintroy2 post=82775174][/quote]
Bernado is not black. Have a seat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona / UECL: Orban Scores Fastest-ever Hat-trick To Lift Genk / Ronaldo's Al Nassr Eliminated From The King's Cup By 10-man Al Wehda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.