Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Just In: Unilorin Portal Hacked - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just In: Unilorin Portal Hacked (1208 Views)

Lizard Scare In Unilorin : Students And Lecturers Run For Their Lives / Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / Evans, JAMB Snake & Jacob Zuma Featured In UNILORIN's Criminology Exam Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Unilorin Portal Hacked by Unilorinofofo(f): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Just now, it was discovered that University of Ilorin website has been hacked.
More details later
https://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng

Re: Just In: Unilorin Portal Hacked by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Most likely due to misconfigurations.
You will be alarmed to know that most university websites/portals in Nigeria contain many vulnerabilities and all it takes is to scan and use the right exploits and you're in.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Unilorin Portal Hacked by iamgenius(m): 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Most likely due to misconfigurations.
You will be alarmed to know that most university websites/portals in Nigeria contain many vulnerabilities and all it takes is to scan and use the right exploits and you're in.
Too much vulnerabilities. It doesn't worth it hacking their website. They don't care at all. Their webmasters only know how to collect huge salary, and doing little updates.
I remember a school website hacked in South West during undegradute admission. Believe me, they did all regs manually.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ansa Me Abeg: When Iz Waec Comin Out? / . / Help! Diploma Vs Ond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.