Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today (10988 Views)

El-Rufai Builds Kabala Costain 230m Bridge (Kaduna Urban Renewal Project) / Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) / Lagos Closes Costain Bridge, Roundabout, Issues Travel Advisory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by titiloyeblog: 8:08am On Oct 03, 2019
The Lagos State government will today October 3, shut down the Costain Roundabout inwards Funso Williams Avenue for three months.

A statement from the government says the closure, is to help facilitate the completion of the ongoing construction of the bridge.

The Federal Government had embarked on building a new flyover bridge to replace the existing one whose headroom had been inadequate for the speed train being proposed to connect Apapa ports for wet and cargo freight services.

In the statement released, the government issued a travel advisory for commuters and motorists on the road, urging motorists coming from Funso Williams Avenue enroute Apapa Road/Iganmu to Apapa to make use of Alaka to Eric Moore to Abebe Village (Nigerian Breweries) and continue the journey, while those heading to Lagos Island from Funso Williams can connect through Eko Bridge from Ijora Olopa or Apongbon.

''Those heading to Lagos Island from Orile can use Iganmu Road to connect Eko Bridge through Costain. Motorists coming from Lagos Island that have no business in Costain and its environs can make use of Eko Bridge to Funso Williams Avenue.

Those foing Costain Roundabout, Alaka, or Ebute Meta can take Apapa Road to Abule Nla Road to connect Funso Williams Avenue by Leadway Assurance building to continue their journey'' the statement reads

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/10/lagos-state-government-to-close-costain.html

2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by majamajic(m): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2019
Na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Onyi90(m): 8:29am On Oct 03, 2019
Yawa

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by ableguy(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2019
Wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Jayslicky: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2019
shocked

We all know how the bridge will still turn out, 6months after reconstruction it will return to it's former state.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by kokomaster3d: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2019
LAGOS NO GET GOVERNOR ABEG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by maklelemakukula(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2019
Traffic will finish people today

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by lanrexdo(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2019
Welcome to new hold up!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

3rd mainland bridge will be over worked on!!!

In this lagos, you don't own a bike.. Be ready to die of hold up!!!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Peejayx01(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2019
This Lagos state, I will finally visit there someday

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Skycil: 8:31am On Oct 03, 2019
Hmm
���
Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by BUSHHUNTER: 8:31am On Oct 03, 2019
Lagos is overrated here in Germany no hold up no go slow.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by iamawara(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2019
Nice one. I pray it will not take months

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Dozie32(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2019
Please wait ooo!! I've been hearing Lagos! Lagos!! Lagos!!! Is Lagos located in Africa or Asia?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Shenky(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2019
Lagos and their road wahala all the time undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by realestniggah: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2019
I suppose the end result will be worth it

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Depot(m): 8:32am On Oct 03, 2019
Operation park your cars. Bikers oya, its hamma time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by tophumble(m): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2019
Operation more traffic hold up along that route for the next three months

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Exc2000: 8:33am On Oct 03, 2019
Proactive, responsive and progressive governance

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by smithsammy(m): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2019
lanrexdo:
Welcome to new hold up!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

3rd mainland bridge will be over worked on!!!

In this lagos, you don't own a bike.. Be ready to die of hold up!!!
Yes o. Bike does the Job.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Idaraesit98(f): 8:34am On Oct 03, 2019
3months loun loun
Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Pabloosas(m): 8:34am On Oct 03, 2019
Ok
Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Rexnegro(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2019
okay
Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by wizkidblogger(f): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2019
na wa oo
Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by OakConsultNG: 8:39am On Oct 03, 2019
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by nwamabo247(m): 8:44am On Oct 03, 2019
hope there other easy altanative.PLEASE dear nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.see my signature below for more details.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by starbright4real(m): 8:52am On Oct 03, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government To Close Costain Bridge Today by Olaikpu10: 9:06am On Oct 03, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
Proactive, responsive and progressive governance
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap/affordable Hotels In Lagos Pls / Canada To Lift Travel Ban On 10 African Nations, Boost Border Testing For COVID / Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.