Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features (1833 Views)

TECNO Hios Micro Intelligence: A Tool For A Smooth Mobile Experience / My Infinix Note 5 Review After One Week / My Honest Infinix Hot 5 Review And What I Don't Like About The Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by Uchechiokpara39: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2019
So Tecno has released a new and latest version of its iconic Tecno HIOS Launcher, the Tecno HIOS 5 Launcher, and as it is with every new, it sure do comes with quite a handful of features which a lot of persons out there such as myself are gonna find interesting.

But before we start discussing these features one after the other, let us take some time to discuss first, what HIOS is all about.

HIOS Meaning
So the question is; “What does HIOS Stand For?”. Well for those who don’t know, HIOS is simply an acronym for “Hardware Independent Operating System“.

Now i want you to forget about those jargon i wrote up there and just focus on the real life translation of this thing. Well in real life, HIOS is not any sort of Operating System whatever, but instead, it is just a launcher or a UI, just like every other smartphone brand likes to ship their phones with their own in-house customized and proprietary launcher (UI), the likes of Samsung One UI (Formerly Touchwiz), the likes of Huawei EMUI, Xiaomi’s MIUI and so on, so does Tecno has the HIOS.

So you see, there’s really no big deal about it, just a Chinese smartphone company that is trying to be unique in some kinda way. So with that out of our way, now let’s go ahead to discuss fully the features, of our new Tecno HIOS 5 Launcher Version.. #Enjoy

13 New Features Of Tecno New HIOS 5 Launcher

1. Smart Panel
Well for those who don’t know, Smart Panel is more like Tecno’s own version of Samsung’s Edge Panel, you know, all you just have do is swipe from the edge of your display and a number of apps, tools or features will be quickly accessible to you, so it’s just a very quick way of doing things or accessing apps that matters most or are most important to you. See pic 1.

And here’s what Tecno has to say about it themselves..

Smart panel has all your favorite and frequent-used features, also localization services. You can access smart panel from any screens.

You can take a selfie from smart panel within 2 steps. Capture all the beautiful moments.

You can open the scan & pay from smart panel within 2 steps. Scan and go like a breeze.

2. Recharge King (Scan To Recharge)
In addition to Smart Panel which tries to make things done and easily accessible to people in the shortest time possible, HIOS also comes with a pre-installed app that tries to make things even more simpler and quicker, by using a scan-to-recharge technique. See pic 2

So what is it? Well, Simple, it is called the Recharge King app , a lot of people might have already known and even used this app in the past from Google Play Store. It simply saves you the stress of typing in the digits of an airtime recharge voucher, by allowing you to make use of your phone’s camera to scan the digits, and it automatically loads up the airtime in the already pr-selected sim card of yours. And guess what, all these things takes place in just a matter of seconds.

3. Data Switcher
So instead of the old and stressful method of going into your phone’s main settings menu and then searching for “Networks and Connectivity” before you could switch data from one of your Sim Cards to the other, Tecno HIOS 5 has made things a lot more easier by bring the Data Switcher toggle right into the Notifications Toggle icons. See pic 3.

So all you have to do is...

Pull down your notifications menu toggle icons (I guess you already know how to do that right?)
Next is locate the Data Switcher toggle and tap on it.
You will be given options to switch from the current enabled sim card to the other one, or you could just switch off the data connection completely. As simple as it sounds.

4. AI Read Mode
Now if you’ve been using “Eye Care” mode on previous Tecno devices, then shouldn’t come as a surprise to you. It works pretty much in the same way as Eye Care does, but in this case, we know have a little bit of artificial intelligence, that is baked into it. See pic 4.

And what does it do? Simple, now instead of you having to manually switch it on and off, probably in the evenings when you’ll be needing it the most like you do on Eye Care, in this case, it does the job of turning itself on and as well turning itself back off, automatically. And not only does it do just that, it can as well intelligently recognize your environment and adjust it’s color temperature automatically, so your device’s screen will always be at the perfect settings for your eyes, no matter what time of the day or environment that you find yourself in.

5. Intelligent Voice Broadcast
So this is more like Tecno’s own take on Google’s Voice Assistant using its HIOS 5 Launcher. But unlike Google’s Voice Assistant that is more polished and can even help you get some complex tasks done in just a couple of seconds, Tecno’s Intelligent Voice Broadcast only helps you to read aloud stuffs such as your text messages, Messages and notifications from your Social media accounts, it tells you when you have an incoming call, helps you broadcast the weather, etc. See pic 5.

Personally i feel this might turn out to be just a gimmicky feature than an actual usable one, i mean like “Who the hell will want their phones to be reading out aloud their text messages and social media messages all the time or even in public?”. So i don’t see it as something that anybody is gonna be making use of, it’s just for the moment you know.

6. Smart Photo Cleanup
Alright, so the Smart Photo Cleanup is a pretty simple to use and straight forward app, and what it helps you to do is saving you more phone storage space by looking for photos that are maybe too dark, blurry, or similar, it then groups them, and gives you an option to delete them if you wish. See pic 6

So gone are the days of after taking a lot of photos maybe at an event or an occasion, then you take an additional time in sorting out which one stays and which one leaves. With the smart Photo Cleanup, the heavy lifting is done for you, and all you just have to do is just press the delete button, and that’s all.

Find out more on below link
https://www.thecorrectblogger.com/2019/06/tecno-hios-5-launcher-review.html

Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by Uchechiokpara39: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
See pic 5 and 6

Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by mbond1992: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
What's a good microphone for Gopro Hero 7?

I've mostly used my Gopro so far for photos and stupid little videos, but now I'm starting to get into more videography with it. I have a few mounts, a waterproof housing, and other stuff, but I want to get a good mic for it too. This article: https://www.photographytalk.com/the-14-best-gopro-accessories-in-2019 recommended the Rode Videomic Go, and it looks and sounds like a good option, but never having bought a mic before I have no idea if it really is a good buy. Anyone have experience with it? Or is there a better option? I don't want to spend a giant mound of money, so keep that in mind!

On another note, anyone have a good remote they can recommend for the Hero 7? Thanks!
Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by Abfinest007(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
I swear Tecno is still backward bcuz these features are not new

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by devbojj: 6:29am On Oct 04, 2019
These features are all nice knowing that tecno is pushing and moving the Nigerian market with up to date features and also want to do more for us.

Nice of them....will read and finish the article

Uchechiokpara39:
So Tecno has released a new and latest version of its iconic Tecno HIOS Launcher, the Tecno HIOS 5 Launcher, and as it is with every new, it sure do comes with quite a handful of features which a lot of persons out there such as myself are gonna find interesting.

But before we start discussing these features one after the other, let us take some time to discuss first, what HIOS is all about.

HIOS Meaning
So the question is; “What does HIOS Stand For?”. Well for those who don’t know, HIOS is simply an acronym for “Hardware Independent Operating System“.

Now i want you to forget about those jargon i wrote up there and just focus on the real life translation of this thing. Well in real life, HIOS is not any sort of Operating System whatever, but instead, it is just a launcher or a UI, just like every other smartphone brand likes to ship their phones with their own in-house customized and proprietary launcher (UI), the likes of Samsung One UI (Formerly Touchwiz), the likes of Huawei EMUI, Xiaomi’s MIUI and so on, so does Tecno has the HIOS.

So you see, there’s really no big deal about it, just a Chinese smartphone company that is trying to be unique in some kinda way. So with that out of our way, now let’s go ahead to discuss fully the features, of our new Tecno HIOS 5 Launcher Version.. #Enjoy

1. Smart Panel
Well for those who don’t know, Smart Panel is more like Tecno’s own version of Samsung’s Edge Panel, you know, all you just have do is swipe from the edge of your display and a number of apps, tools or features will be quickly accessible to you, so it’s just a very quick way of doing things or accessing apps that matters most or are most important to you. See pic 1.

Smart panel has all your favorite and frequent-used features, also localization services. You can access smart panel from any screens.

You can take a selfie from smart panel within 2 steps. Capture all the beautiful moments.

You can open the scan & pay from smart panel within 2 steps. Scan and go like a breeze.

In addition to Smart Panel which tries to make things done and easily accessible to people in the shortest time possible, HIOS also comes with a pre-installed app that tries to make things even more simpler and quicker, by using a scan-to-recharge technique. See pic 2

So what is it? Well, Simple, it is called the Recharge King app , a lot of people might have already known and even used this app in the past from Google Play Store. It simply saves you the stress of typing in the digits of an airtime recharge voucher, by allowing you to make use of your phone’s camera to scan the digits, and it automatically loads up the airtime in the already pr-selected sim card of yours. And guess what, all these things takes place in just a matter of seconds.

3. Data Switcher
So instead of the old and stressful method of going into your phone’s main settings menu and then searching for “Networks and Connectivity” before you could switch data from one of your Sim Cards to the other, Tecno HIOS 5 has made things a lot more easier by bring the Data Switcher toggle right into the Notifications Toggle icons. See pic 3.

Pull down your notifications menu toggle icons (I guess you already know how to do that right?)
You will be given options to switch from the current enabled sim card to the other one, or you could just switch off the data connection completely. As simple as it sounds.

4. AI Read Mode
Now if you’ve been using “Eye Care” mode on previous Tecno devices, then shouldn’t come as a surprise to you. It works pretty much in the same way as Eye Care does, but in this case, we know have a little bit of artificial intelligence, that is baked into it. See pic 4.

And what does it do? Simple, now instead of you having to manually switch it on and off, probably in the evenings when you’ll be needing it the most like you do on Eye Care, in this case, it does the job of turning itself on and as well turning itself back off, automatically. And not only does it do just that, it can as well intelligently recognize your environment and adjust it’s color temperature automatically, so your device’s screen will always be at the perfect settings for your eyes, no matter what time of the day or environment that you find yourself in.

So this is more like Tecno’s own take on Google’s Voice Assistant using its HIOS 5 Launcher. But unlike Google’s Voice Assistant that is more polished and can even help you get some complex tasks done in just a couple of seconds, Tecno’s Intelligent Voice Broadcast only helps you to read aloud stuffs such as your text messages, Messages and notifications from your Social media accounts, it tells you when you have an incoming call, helps you broadcast the weather, etc. See pic 5.

Personally i feel this might turn out to be just a gimmicky feature than an actual usable one, i mean like “Who the hell will want their phones to be reading out aloud their text messages and social media messages all the time or even in public?”. So i don’t see it as something that anybody is gonna be making use of, it’s just for the moment you know.

6. Smart Photo Cleanup
Alright, so the Smart Photo Cleanup is a pretty simple to use and straight forward app, and what it helps you to do is saving you more phone storage space by looking for photos that are maybe too dark, blurry, or similar, it then groups them, and gives you an option to delete them if you wish. See pic 6

So gone are the days of after taking a lot of photos maybe at an event or an occasion, then you take an additional time in sorting out which one stays and which one leaves. With the smart Photo Cleanup, the heavy lifting is done for you, and all you just have to do is just press the delete button, and that’s all.

Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by nnaomaog(m): 6:30am On Oct 04, 2019
A brand that is kin on changing Nigeria Phone market...that what you folks are....nice features

Uchechiokpara39:

HIOS Meaning

1. Smart Panel

3. Data Switcher

4. AI Read Mode

6. Smart Photo Cleanup

Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by psoul12: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2019
Competition is key in every industrial and thats what this brand brought...

Uchechiokpara39:

HIOS Meaning

1. Smart Panel

3. Data Switcher

4. AI Read Mode

6. Smart Photo Cleanup

Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by devbojj: 6:32am On Oct 04, 2019
psoul12:
Competition is key in every industrial and thats what this brand brought...

Yes...competition is key...nice one...
Re: Tecno HIOS 5 Review And Its 13 Best New Features by Mohbola(f): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Polytrons New Transparent Glass Phone!!! / How To Make A ROM Backup Or Dump Of An MTK Phone Using Sp Flash Tool Read Back / Infinix Hot Note X551

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.