Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,207 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum (29443 Views)

Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years / I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Air Peace Provides Food Items For Hundreds Of Less Privileged In Makoko, Ajegunl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by itu404(m): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
Don't know what you are seeing ,but am seeing contentment, happiness and peace with nature and way of life and that is beautiful and makes nonsense of those who steals and rob others.

2 Likes

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Akuneshiobike(m): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
This is incredible

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by ludoliu(m): 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
itu404:
Don't know what you are seeing ,but am seeing contentment, happiness and peace with nature and way of life and that is beautiful and makes nonsense of those who steals and rob others.

i also feel this place is so beautiful, lovely, peaceful, artistic in some way.

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by MrSly(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
madenigga:
Millions are just wasting there. That's not meant to be a slum, that's meant to be a large piece of real estate.

The fact that they used wood as it's foundation and it stretches down to the bottom of the lagoon that shows you that the location the slum is located is shallow, with a little sand filling that place u would get a good land from there. Then use it and build low cost high rise to accodate all the inhabitants, a win win situation for both the owners and the government
Easier said...
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
TheCalculator:

I don stay Adekunle area na, na dere we dey go buy fish.

Even my NYSC CDS Group do family planning awareness for Makoko, come see as we dey share CD
Mehn, Naija is a fourth world Country not even third world.
It is well.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
I pity the person that will give any girl staying in this area head cry
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Geenosko: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
This is really sad hey
I really wonder how people survive there cry
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Legendguru: 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Mizwisdom(f): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
This area consist of Ilajes and Ijaws, they are both Fishing communities, their primary occupation is Fishing. This is the reason they live close to Riverbanks. They are not poor, if you have the opportunity of visiting them you will find that inside those wooden structures they have satellite dishes, fridges, generators, and other amenities they need. Their phones are the latest in town. This is how they have been living way back in history and they still maintain their lifestyle
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Bighead9: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

olori nla, that picture os from waste afonja land grin

You are begging for Pictures of Eastern Slums, I must warn you, all the Pictures are gorry sight. Very graphical and disgusting. grin grin grin

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

Trash.

The East is a slum, you and all Nigerians knows this. grin grin
Funny enough, you are showing us pictures of South West and tagging them east... grin

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Bighead9: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
Rgade:

Funny enough, you are showing us pictures of South West and tagging them east... grin

You know your East better than anybody. That's why most Igbo's will do anything to relocate out of that Slum. grin grin

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

You are begging for Pictures of Eastern Slums, I must warn you, all the Pictures are gorry sight. Very graphical and disgusting. grin grin grin
so why are uou posting pictures of ogun states swimming pool grin

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
[center][/center]
Bighead9:

You know your East better than anybody. That's why most Igbo's will do anything to relocate out of that Slum. grin grin
just like cone headed afonja monrons relocate from your backward dirty afonjaland to lagos(bini and eguns land)
even to ph and onitsha to hustle agbo for a living
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

afonjaland is the dirtiest place in nigeria grin
ibadan and oyo won the award this year grin
ogun stare last year

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Bighead9: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:
[center][/center]
just like cone headed afonja monrons relocate from your backward dirty afonjaland to lagos(bini and eguns land)
even to ph and onitsha to hustle agbo for a living

You can never find any non Igbo in that Slum called, Onitcha. I rather relocate to Sambisa forest, than to live in Onitcha or anywhere in the crime infested East.

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
bighead9
no wonder your people relocate to lagos (eguns amd bini land) to claim lagos indigene grin
while some will go and husttle agbo in igbo land( onithsa imo and ph)

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Kaylexzy(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
ludoliu:
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cn1KXRTXdY[url][/url]

Some call it a disgusting slum, some were born there and call it home. One thing remains for sure, it has to change in a way or another.
What do you think about this incredible Makoko ? How should it be developed ?

Y'all just come, take photos of the hood just for laughs right?
It is a crappy place to live in, Yes!
But, at least some of us are pulling through against all odds.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
ludoliu:
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cn1KXRTXdY[url][/url]

Some call it a disgusting slum, some were born there and call it home. One thing remains for sure, it has to change in a way or another.
What do you think about this incredible Makoko ? How should it be developed ?

Fabulous! Fantastic! Very nice job.
But why did you say "my beloved slum"? Are you from there? Lol.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

You can never find any non Igbo in that Slum called, Onitcha. I rather relocate to Sambisa forest, than to live in Onitcha or anywhere in the crime infested East.
criminal afonja men are dying silently in efcc underground prison in far away north
and nothing u can do about it

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
grin
Bighead9
more criminal waste brothers on efcc death row grin

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
do you need more pictures of cone headed criminals from land of wasted crime angry

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Bighead9: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:
grin
Bighead9
more criminal waste brothers on efcc death row grin

All those ones dey learn for where your people dey. grin grin grin

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by eagleonearth(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
Powersurge:
Well, I was born in a place worse than this. My primary education was in that place. Today I am a graduate from one of the first generation federal universities.

The journey is far from palatable. But when your government fails you, try not to fail yourself. I am not where I need to be but I am definitely far from whence I started.

To everyone trying to weather the storm, may God be for you, a light when other lights have gone out. God's speed!!!
a place worse than Makoko, where is that?
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bighead9:

All those ones dey learn for where your people dey. grin grin grin

lier ,,
afonjaland is the head office of crime , curruption originated from wasted land of afonja

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by doctore212(m): 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Pls, do they have olosho house.

Am thinking it will be cheap.

Does anyone have a good contact.
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by tck2000(m): 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kaylexzy:

Y'all just come, take photos of the hood just for laughs right? It is a crappy place to live in, Yes! But, at least some of us are pulling through against all odds.
true
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by tck2000(m): 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kaylexzy:

Y'all just come, take photos of the hood just for laughs right? It is a crappy place to live in, Yes! But, at least some of us are pulling through against all odds.
true

1 Like

Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by JoEmily: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2019
The work is very stressful, giving you a lot of pressure and I have found an interesting, entertaining thing that you can feel. Try these awesome shell shockers with you!
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by JoEmily: 9:45am On Mar 09, 2020
A perfect and safe choice for everyone is here >> shell shockers
Re: Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum by JoEmily: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2020
There is no need to apologize when you have high standards. People who really want to be a part of your life will know how to reach that standard. Is my choice games for girls really great standing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road / Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.