Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) (20249 Views)

No Sign Indicating 'One Way' On Oworonshoki Road / Julius Berger Commences Repair Works On MCC, Onitsha Pedestrian Bridge(photos) / LASG Plans for Closure Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway For 4 Months Repair Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
Repair works have started at the Anthony- Oworonshoki Road area of Lagos. Anthony is an urban place that has a close road network with Oshodi and Oworonshoki is closer to the dreaded 3rd Mainland Bridge. It will be recalled that the reconstruction of the 32-kilometre Apapa-Oshodi-Oworonshoki-Ojota in Lagos was performed last year by the Minister of Power, Works, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The reconstruction of the road’s Section 1, Sub-section A, will begin from the Olorogun Michael Ibru Boulevard (former Creek Road) end of Port Novo Bridge and Liverpool road, in Apapa, through Coconut, Beachland Estate interchange bridge, Cele Bus Stop, Anthony Village, to Old Lagos Toll Gate.

The whole length of the road will be paved with reinforced concrete by Dangote Industries Limited at a whopping cost of N73 billion, using the Road Trust Fund policy.

The fund is a form of public, private partnership, conceived to accelerate the provision of federal roads by allowing private sector operators to collectively fund road projects in exchange for tax credit.

“The Road Trust Fund policy gives private sector operators an incentive to fund infrastructure with the government. This is an innovative and laudable scheme, we are putting our money upfront,” said the President of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

For those coming from MMIA, you must have noticed some additions to the pavement by HITECH team, well, it seems they are upgrading the road and they are going all the way to Ojota.

AutoReportNG got some new pictures of this road and how the workers are faring, see below...

[img]https://1.bp..com/-0OOBO7tINUA/XZc3TnZo6QI/AAAAAAAAgPk/iVJ9UyvnKy0PImelJgGO71YyI2kOu1lFgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/70690926_508722973299754_9142828755671056384_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-C4JkDm6UXbM/XZc3TgyuIiI/AAAAAAAAgPo/s_c1qvxqocA1s7I_5cnAZVzployMRTN5ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/71087937_508722473299804_7061380466070257664_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Obgz9WeX02M/XZc3WNuGlcI/AAAAAAAAgP0/qIFbNDeQJ7I6b7x4mAu4kqFURVSxhZ7AwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/71288718_508722466633138_3125009816498470912_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-rzdj1fvP0kQ/XZc3WM2y30I/AAAAAAAAgP4/NhpckC7eotUNzih2oqV6QFH0VancXNttQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/71376421_508723163299735_4224125096102461440_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-hO_P57N7cQY/XZc3ZMY6EDI/AAAAAAAAgQE/niWyvZPUqZIBLpJHKMGSVjk1kqFVl0yiQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/71484362_508722563299795_7722965962646880256_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-FbvSRp3lH6E/XZc3acsFKDI/AAAAAAAAgQM/7slMLMwm-uMDqHTawf1LXTgLTIBszPqTACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/71804991_508722503299801_7209539915611111424_o.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/10/see-on-going-repair-works-at-anthony.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
Gradually, we are getting close.

See more of these constructions in Oshodi, Anthony and more below

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
Lagos is an overhyped piece of garbage. Stay in your state of origin and do business there. You will flourish. Those doing business in Anambra and other eastern state can testify. Abokìs who haven't left Kano can testify too.

17 Likes

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by ainas247: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
cool see fixing road without drainage come to apapa oshodi road to see the same thing.

dominate Google page 1 with your business
fast ranking result

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by madenigga(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
Lagos state is trying. By the time I become governor of IMO state Lagos would have gone very far, but I would try to reach its level

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Spaxon(f): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
........ in other news, i think i'll be leaving this country to my village in Akwa-Ibom grin cheesy

..............................................................i missed NL so much
where's Nwamaipke

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by karnafiu03(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nice one
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Topccy007z: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Good development
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Femich18(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
ok
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Royalfurnitures: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
The project is a laudable one but it's going on too slowly, commuters are really suffering on that road now but I know when the job is done, everyone will enjoy it

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by naijaguy123456(m): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
Na ya people spoil our Lagos . Now we will start controlling your coming to Lagos, maybe a boarder check or something.
KingAzubuike:
Lagos is an overhyped piece of garbage. Stay in your state of origin and do business there. You will flourish. Those doing business in Anambra and other eastern state can testify. Abokìs who haven't left Kano can testify too.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Commentor: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
ainas247:
cool see fixing road without drainage come to apapa oshodi road to see the same thing.

dominate Google page 1 with your business
fast ranking result

There's drainage along that road.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Sirpaul(m): 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
and it is taking forever .....SMH
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by sylve11: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Those people who aren't doing business in their states but in lagos aren't making it and they are fools, isn't it? stop hating jare. undecided cool

5 Likes

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by bestower: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
One day God will delivered you from your useless utterances.... Yes! One day.
KingAzubuike:

11 Likes

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Exc2000: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
cool

if PDP had did half of this walahi they would have ruled us for more than 60 years, but common PDP secetariat they looted and abandoned it,

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by xboyelyusuf(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
Right here i see a State with lots of challenges, but trying to fix them on daily basis.
Kudos to Lagos. I wish them Goodluck and success.
#OneNigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by ainas247: 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

There's drainage along that road.

okay
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by BlueRayDick: 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
They are not 4cking repairing any road! those idiots are only messing with us raising the median on that expressway causing unnecessary traffic

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
madenigga:
Lagos state is trying. By the time I become governor of IMO state Lagos would have gone very far, but I would try to reach its level

I'll be the Lagos governor then, and Lagos would be far off grin
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
That's a good one.
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Spallanzani: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:
But your people are moving into the garbage in droves via Chisco night bus in their thousands everyday

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by handsomeyinka(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Getting close to where?
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by immortalityk: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
KingAzubuike:
These people never disappoint
That your anambra with all the scheming u guys are doing won't match Lagos
U don't even have mouth to talk
The people killing themselves because of Lagos are even from this nonentity tribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by handsomeyinka(m): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Getting close to where?.
Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by OmoManU: 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
God bless Buhari
God bless Asiwaju
God bless Aliko Dangote

The rate at which this government is working all the Nigerian thieves calling themselves 'masses' will not like it just because they won't be able to personally be getting underserved monies like they used to. A government should invest more in infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Repair Works On Anthony-Oworonshoki Road In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
Spallanzani:

But your people are moving into the garbage in droves via Chisco night bus in their thousands everyday

Instead of you to be happy with her comment, you are trying to insult her

Shey it won't be better if they go and develop their own region and allow the south west to flourish?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After / Okada & Bus Drivers Collide In Anambra, 2 Die On Spot, Others Injured (Graphic) / Nwankwo Nicky Odira is a scammer( BRITISHNAIJA )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.