Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made (1907 Views)

John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player / Amal Fashanu, My Daughter Pays The Bills - John Fashanu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Maniagist1: 6:44am On Oct 05, 2019
Tammy Abraham’s decision to snub Nigeria for England has not gone down well with former England international and Wimbledon FC star, John Fashanu, who believes the 20-year-old made the wrong footballing decision.

The Chelsea academy graduate became a subject of tussle between the English FA and the Nigeria Football Federation after posting scintillating performances for the Blues in the ongoing league campaign.

But England manager, Gareth Southgate, moved ahead of Nigeria by including Abraham in his squad to face Bulgaria and Czech Republic for the Euro 2020 qualifier much to the disappointment of many Nigerians who had hoped that the in-form striker will commit his future to Nigeria.

And Fashanu, who also featured for the Three Lions has told the Chelsea striker to have a rethink so as to prevent history from repeating itself- citing his own case as an example.

I’ve now been living in Nigeria for 14 years and I know that I made the wrong choice not playing for Nigeria.

For him right now, everything looks like England is fantastic and wonderful. But it is only like I did, as he gets older he will realise that Nigeria is his motherland and as we have our problems in Nigeria, England also has its problems.

What I want to tell Tammy Abraham is to make the right choice and play for his motherland which is Nigeria. He will have more time and make more appearances playing for Nigeria but the truth is he will make more money playing for England.

It is now up to him (Tammy) to decide if he wants to play for Nigeria more than 50 times or if he wants to make $1m.

But as a patriotic Nigeria I would have loved him to play for Nigeria. Don’t make the same mistakes that we elders made then.

As an elder in the game, I can only offer advice. My advice to Tammy is to forget about money because money will come and go.

Come back to your motherland and play for the country which I didn’t do. That’s my advice because now I know where I went wrong. I made a lot of money but I only played for England twice.

I could have still made money with the Nigeria national team and made more appearances and helped the country to win many trophies and do wonderful things.

Now I look back and see some of the mistakes I made and I don’t want him and other young Nigerians to make the same mistakes that I made.

The Wimbledon legend though admitted that the final decision lies with the 21-year-old player.

At the end of the day we must understand that his choice is his own choice.

Though, we can influence his choices but he is a young man and a wonderful player who is in the best year of his life and he knows what it’s like.

Read more here; >>>>>>>>>>>>><https://maniagist.com/2019/10/05/fashanu-begs-tammy-abrahams-dont-make-the-same-mistake-i-made/

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Maniagist1: 6:44am On Oct 05, 2019
cry
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Commentor: 6:54am On Oct 05, 2019
Belated but accepted apology.

1 Like

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:58am On Oct 05, 2019
grin
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by emeijeh(m): 6:59am On Oct 05, 2019
Fash the flash!

Tammy is 21?
I thought he turned 22 that day he played and scored in the champions league?

3 Likes

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 05, 2019
Better advice him k

By the way,
I help businesses grow through Social Media Promotions For as low as #1000, I will run adverts for you
Check Siggy
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by kolafolabi(m): 7:19am On Oct 05, 2019
I don't think Abraham has any intention of staying in Nigeria after retiring from football. So, no mistake at all.

1 Like

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Tolexander: 7:20am On Oct 05, 2019
kolafolabi:
I don't think Abraham has any intention of staying in Nigeria after retiring from football. So, no mistake at all.
John Fashanu couldn’t have also thought of coming to stay in Nigeria based on his family history, but fate brought him to stay in Nigeria which is actually a paying decision for him.

He may eventually have reasons to come and stay in Nigeria, we can never say.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Zicoayomi(m): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2019
them no dey tell persin!

1 Like

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Belated but accepted apology.

[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by kolafolabi(m): 7:34am On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
John Fashanu couldn’t have also thought of coming to stay in Nigeria based on his family history, but fate brought him to stay in Nigeria which is actually a paying decision for him.

He may eventually have reasons to come and stay in Nigeria, we can never say.

No one knows tomorrow .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by femi4: 11:14am On Oct 05, 2019
If its money, Chelsea is paying him good money
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by lereinter(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2019
Satanic advice

1 Like

Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Kakamorufu(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2019
Its too late
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by amajato: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
Vacancy

Executive Assistant

Location.. Benin city

Requirements..

Good command of English Language ( oral and written)

Must be computer literate (corel draw, Microsoft,)

General IT knowledge

Male or Female

Must be resident in Benin city or willing to relocate at your own expense.

Send your cv to vokesmaja@gmail.com
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by BravoDe: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
Southgate will sub in Tammy Abraham at 88mins, then he won't be called up for the real euro game.
Shey Tammy can bench sterling, Kane, sancho ni?
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by drips8(m): 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
He will be benched when if ever loses his form and I don't see Southgate replacing Kane with Abraham anytime soon.
Re: Fashanu Begs Tammy Abraham’s: Don’t Make The Same Mistake I Made by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tammy can go and Bleep his self for all I fuckiii care angry

(1) (Reply)

Mane Build Mini-stadium In His Village In Bambali, Senegal (photos) / Transfer News: Tiago Mendes Turns Down Monaco And Zenit To Rejoin Chelsea / Advice To All Gamblers (story Of My Life)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.