Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Should I Take These Certifications In This Order: CEH, CISSP, OSCP! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take These Certifications In This Order: CEH, CISSP, OSCP! (435 Views)

Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" / CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Take These Certifications In This Order: CEH, CISSP, OSCP! by kimijhaveri: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2019
You'll be surprised to know that there are about 3400 plus jobs for security professionals over the internet. In my experience of 10 years, one thing that I've learned and understood is that whatever certification you take up must complement your experiences. However, once it comes to getting yourselves professionally trained as an Ethical Hacker or a Cyber Security or an Offensive Security Certified Professional the one thing that takes a toll on your head is developing an understanding of all of this in the right order.

In my 10 years of experience, one thing that I can vouch for is our industrial experience complementing our learnings. Being a professional with such an experience has been significant in my learning. Where my experience has been crucial in helping me identify and understand the CISSP concepts in a better manner.

For professionals lacking such level of experience no need for you to get disheartened since you can opt for at least CEH where you require a minimum of 2 years of work experience which can kickstart your careers. And 3 years down the line you can get yourselves enrolled for a CISSP training which will not only take your career to the next level but it'll also make you more efficient.
On the other hand, OSCP aspirants must have a basic knowledge of CS background and Linux. This means even freshers can get themselves enrolled for this certification provided they're familiar with concepts like Python, Linux, and CS Background.

Coming back to the original question 'what's the ideal way to get yourselves trained as [url=https://www.mercurysolutions.co/ia-cyber-security-certifications-training-courses?utm_source=nairaland%5BSN%5D&utm_term=5%20oct%202019]CISSP, CEH, OSCP professional[/url]?' the idea behind having an experience is to be able to comprehend what's there in the course which complements your work experiences. Depending upon the required work experiences aspirants with zero work experience can start from OSCP certification and two years down the line you can equip yourself as an Ethical Hacker. This will boost your career and get you in a good financial position. Later 3 years down the road you can then take up a CISSP certification. For further queries check out.

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Good In Life Comes Easy But Consistency Makes The Difference / Juventus Star Player Ronaldo Meet River State Governor / The Power Of SAYING No. Book By James Altucher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.