Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,702 members, 7,840,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

You Own This World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Own This World (882 Views)

If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil / Th End Of This World Is So Near: For Real: [make Sure You Read This]: / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Own This World by Joagbaje(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise ().

Many times, as I study and meditate on God’s Word I can’t but shout for joy. Look at the opening scripture again; it lets me know that I own this world, for according to the scriptures, God gave the whole world to Abraham and his seed. That seed is Christ; and if you belong to Christ, you’re Abraham’s seed and therefore an heir according to the promise.

Some people are fighting over states, cities, municipalities, etc., trying to gain influence and control; wanting to be a Senator, Mayor, Governor, or even the President. There’s nothing wrong with that, but for me, I own everything; I own the whole world. If anybody doesn’t agree with it, it makes no difference; I have proof! My proof is the Word of God. If there’s anyone to tell who truly owns this world it ought to be God, for He made the world. And He has said in

1 Corinthians 3:21-22.
“…For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours.”

So as a child of God, it’s not a mere boast but absolute reality when you say “I own this world; all things are mine!” Let this be your mentality and your talk. You say “Father, I thank you today, because the whole world is mine!” Now, if the world is yours, that means you should never be lack-conscious, since you’re and heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. That means everything the Father owns, belongs to Christ and therefore to you. In Psalm 50:12, God said “…the world is mine, and the fullness thereof…” As God’s heir, and a joint-heir with Christ, the whole world is yours, and the fullness thereof.

Let it become your present-hour way of thinking that you won this world. There’s a legal document to that effect – God’s Word. So it doesn’t matter who challenges you or thinks you’re nuts for making such a bold declaration; it doesn’t change anything! You still own this world. So walk tall; square up; chest out; chin out; talk big; for you own this world.
Re: You Own This World by Zikkyy(m): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2010
Joagbaje:

Look at the opening scripture again; it lets me know that I own this world,

Joagbaje:

I can’t but shout for joy.

I don’t know why you are shouting Jo. No be today na. Man has been calling the shots for thousands of years, so no be new thing. It just that man has not really done a good job of managing the world. I just pray man will not destroy the world before Jesus returns  sad

Joagbaje:

I own everything; I own the whole world.

Oya, begin claim na. No come come my village come claim land sha, e no go pay you  grin

Joagbaje:

“I own this world; all things are mine!”

Before you ‘corner’ everything for yourself, note that it’s a joint ownership with some others  angry

Joagbaje:

“…For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours.”

Reading this quote up to verse 23, I see an arrangement that places Jo at the bottom of the ‘claim pyramid’.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 (New International Version)
", So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas[a] or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God".

God, Jesus, church (members), then Jo/Oyak. What this means is that you are answerable to the like of mabell. So Jo/oyak owns the world, then Jo/oyak is owned by the cec members, who in turn belong to Christ. Interesting  grin
Re: You Own This World by aletheia(m): 5:05am On Nov 06, 2010
Zikkyy:

Oya, begin claim na. No come come my village come claim land sha, e no go pay you  grin

grin grin grin

But seriously: Joagbaje can you show me in scripture where Abraham was promised the whole world? This world that I believe will be totally destroyed by fire. I am much interested in learning that please. Thanks for your response.

Joagbaje:

. . .for according to the scriptures, God gave the whole world to Abraham and his seed.
Re: You Own This World by tpia5: 5:53am On Nov 06, 2010
well, you have the zeal [or a form of it] but are rather hazy on interpretation/meaning.

@ poster.
Re: You Own This World by Joagbaje(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2010
aletheia:

grin grin grin
But seriously: Joagbaje can you show me in scripture where Abraham was promised the whole world? This world that I believe will be totally destroyed by fire. I am much interested in learning that please. Thanks for your response.

Romans 4:13
13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world,[ was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Re: You Own This World by aletheia(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
OK. You answered part of the question. The second part was: Is it this world that will be destroyed by fire, that was promised?

How do you explain this verses?

2 Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

1 John 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 

2 Pe 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Heb 11:13-16.  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 13:14  For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Rev 21:1-3  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Re: You Own This World by thehomer: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2010
Joagbaje:

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise ().

Many times, as I study and meditate on God’s Word I can’t but shout for joy. Look at the opening scripture again; it lets me know that I own this world, for according to the scriptures, God gave the whole world to Abraham and his seed. That seed is Christ; and if you belong to Christ, you’re Abraham’s seed and therefore an heir according to the promise.

Some people are fighting over states, cities, municipalities, etc., trying to gain influence and control; wanting to be a Senator, Mayor, Governor, or even the President. There’s nothing wrong with that, but for me, I own everything; I own the whole world. If anybody doesn’t agree with it, it makes no difference; I have proof! My proof is the Word of God. If there’s anyone to tell who truly owns this world it ought to be God, for He made the world. And He has said in

So as a child of God, it’s not a mere boast but absolute reality when you say “I own this world; all things are mine!” Let this be your mentality and your talk. You say “Father, I thank you today, because the whole world is mine!” Now, if the world is yours, that means you should never be lack-conscious, since you’re and heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. That means everything the Father owns, belongs to Christ and therefore to you. In Psalm 50:12, God said “…the world is mine, and the fullness thereof…” As God’s heir, and a joint-heir with Christ, the whole world is yours, and the fullness thereof.

Let it become your present-hour way of thinking that you won this world. There’s a legal document to that effect – God’s Word. So it doesn’t matter who challenges you or thinks you’re nuts for making such a bold declaration; it doesn’t change anything! You still own this world. So walk tall; square up; chest out; chin out; talk big; for you own this world.

No you don't own the world and the things in it. If you think you do, then you may try going to an electronics shop and walking out with a nice plasma screen television without paying some money. You may just find yourself with such pronouncements either in a prison or a hospital.

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Evidence Confirming The Celebration Of Christmas From The Bible / How Did You Get Born Again? / Who Are The Synagogue Of Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.