Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil (2323 Views)

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / If God Is Good, Why Don't I Have Enough Money? / The Prophet (Beirut, Lebanon, 1983 Revisited) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Nobody: 11:42am On May 25, 2015
I just can't explain it.

The front page is full of bad news, young girls and boys used for ritual purposes , 400 women/girls murdered in cold blood in Iraq, Boko Haram wipes half a town off the map , family break down , multiplication of pretenders , fake people , users and abusers, religious freaks wrecking havoc all over the place, diseases, weather disasters etc.

How can the world be such a haven of injustice, one part of the world vomiting out food (bulimia ) while the other part struggles to eat 2 square meals. Fathers killing sons and sons killing fathers. Churches now almost brothels or places of abuse and fraud, the same place where people are supposed to find peace and succour has also become grossly evil and mostly business centres.

I am really struggling to understand why a good world has become so evil , and please don't feed me with that ' the reason for this evil is the devil ' crap , after all God destroyed the early world because of the wickedness of man and not the devil.

Who do we run to in these times of turmoil and extreme evil
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 25, 2015
Because allah sent a tyrant called mohamed to come and spread evil in this world.

1 Like

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by missKiffy(f): 12:02pm On May 25, 2015
Cos there are evil people in the world
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by enilove(m): 12:38pm On May 25, 2015
Adam caused it by disobeying God .

Satan now has power to cause diff evil to befall man .

That is why God is going to destroy this world so as to bring the evil to an end. But the disobedient who do not accept Jesus Christ shall be destroyed and only the true children of God shall be part of the new world.

Being a Christian does not qualify you to inherit this eternal life but complete holiness and grace of the Lord Jesus.
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Rilwayne001: 12:48pm On May 25, 2015
Jagoon:
Because allah sent a tyrant called mohamed to come and spread evil in this world.

Ignoratio elenchi undecided
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by BodyKiss(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2015
Jagoon:

And what is your God doing about it? Let me guess... He's waiting for the judgement day when he will have the last fight with devil. Hollywood.

1 Like

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by NumberOne2(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2015
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of EVIL is for GOOD men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Leave God out of it. Man himself is evil but he is always quick to blame God or Devil.

Questions for You
What good are you doing in your immediate community?
Can those around you say you are a good person?
Start from yourself. Look in the mirror and ask yourself "am I improving or destroying this World"?
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Rilwayne001: 12:54pm On May 25, 2015
enilove:

Thought xtians said Jesus is the New Adam, that he came to die for the adamic sin, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by ebamma(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2015
Because it creator according to the Bible is evil too
Imagine that scene where those kids call Elisha bald head in the Bible and he uses his powers to summon lions to kill them all
This is a man favoured by God and he doesn't even reprimand Elisha for the act
Ask yourself this
How will the good guy be friends and favor a man who kills kids who make fun of him?

3 Likes

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by ebamma(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2015
enilove:

Satan now has power to cause diff evil to befall man .

That is why God is going to destroy this world so as to bring the evil to an end. But the disobedient who do not accept Jesus Christ shall be destroyed and only the true children of God shall be part of the new world.

Being a Christian does not qualify you to inherit this eternal life but complete holiness and grace of the Lord Jesus.
Do you guys even reason at all before saying this?
A supposed God brings you into this world not on your own accord
He puts you in a garden with a woman and tells you not to eat a particular fruit
The bad guy comes and trick you one day into eating that forbidden fruit and then God emerges and tells you that you will suffer for the rest of your lives and your kids too will suffer based on that single act of disobedience,
If your father who is supposed to love you and wish you well, did that to you
Will you still love and respect him and even worship him?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 25, 2015
The world was not created good.
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by enilove(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Thought xtians said Jesus is the New Adam, that he came to die for the adamic sin, isn't it?

That is right.
Have you accepted him as your Lord and personal saviour ?

For those who do not believe are condemned already .

The bible makes us to know that there is going to be an end to this world systems and a new world free of evil shall be recreated by God . This was why Jesus came and is coming the second time to take his saints to heaven during rapture and after that no more reconciliation for man kind and the evil and the suffering will be beyond what man has ever witnessed.

Revelation 21:1-8, 25-27 KJV
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. [2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. [4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. [5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. [6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. [7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. [8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. [25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. [26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. [27] And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

This world was corrupted by the very first sin of Adam and a new one shall be brought down to be inherited by children of God who believe in Jesus ,the new Adam ,and HOLY BY KEEPING HIS COMMANDMENTS .

THESE SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD:
Galatians 5:19-21 KJV
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

THESE ARE EXPECTED OF THOSE FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD:

Galatians 5:22-24 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Jesus is the way ,the truth and life .
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Rilwayne001: 2:23pm On May 25, 2015
enilove:

That is right.
Have you accepted him as your Lord and personal saviour ?

I don't undecided

For those who do not believe are condemned already

how about those who believed?

The bible makes us to know that there is going to be an end to this world systems

When? undecided

Since jesus came to eradicate the adamic sin, all these suffering which you alleged to have been caused by Adam ought to have stopped, perherps jesus died in vain undecided

and a new world free of evil shall be recreated by God .

What is delaying it from being recreated for over 6000years now?

This was why Jesus came and is coming the second time to take his saints to heaven during rapture and after that no more reconciliation for man kind and the evil and the suffering will be beyond what man has ever witnessed.

Why didn't he do that in the first coming? why the second coming? the bible says the generation during when jesus was alive will not pass before jesus will come, many generations have passed after then undecided

[

2 Likes

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:53pm On May 25, 2015
Because of you Frosbel
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by FortresOfChrist(f): 3:00pm On May 25, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Because of you Frosbel

Please be serious for once in your lifetime wink
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by plaetton: 3:29pm On May 25, 2015
It's evolution, dummy!(not you Frosty, grin)
Humans are animals, animals that have reached the pinnacle of biological evolution, but who are now struggling with social evolution.

A good understanding of the human psyche, the human mind, how the two opposite hemispheres of f the human brian struggle to override each other's neural impulses is the only way to understand good, evil and the social dynamics that influence human interactions.

I have also argued vigorously in my threads that we don't have as much freewill as we think we do.
Our will are encumbered by so many forces beyond our conscious control.
Take for example, Sunspot cycles. Very few people know how much the cycles of the Sun affect our behaviours and attitudes, that include fertility, famine, social conflicts, wars and peace.
How about the 100 trillion microbes that make up 90% of our body cells. Since microbes have been shown to exhibit social behaviour, then we can simply imagine how much of our social behaviours are instigated or directly influenced my our microbial overlords.

This is why self-awareness , reason and continuous self assessment is the best means of charting a coherent and consistent path of harmony.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 25, 2015
Well, sometimes I imagine that God might have struck a deal with the devil.

A deal that would see Satan rule over the world for some years, deceiving and haunting people whilst God watch from a distance.

It would be a win-win situation, one that'd see God pick his true followers amid the chaos that has been inflicted by the devil, whilst Satan get to enlarge his following, the 'deceived' ones that would join his party in hell, that's if such place exists.

If my imagination is anything to go by, then I make bold to say Satan is currently ruling the earth.

1 Like

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by gatiano(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2015
Before Muhammad, the romans have been vampires and wolves. Think again.
Jagoon:
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by gatiano(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2015
God/Allah possesses both good and bad. God has the complete knowledge of both good and bad. The thing is God is composed of Dominant genes and recessive genes. They made a new people out of their recessive genes. These new people are the cause of all evil you can ever imagine or known. These new people began with Adam and Eve (they were not the first man and woman, infact, they are not in the first sextillion people). God knows evil but does not have the experience of it. He is God, He has to experience it all. Here We are experiencing evil, gaining the knowledge of evil. And We have concluded. "evil doers, the devils, are disaggreeable to live with, they can't be repaired, they would only be destroyed, but before then, they will be forced to repair and replenish all that they have spoilt and damage.
frosbel:
I just can't explain it.

The front page is full of bad news, young girls and boys used for ritual purposes , 400 women/girls murdered in cold blood in Iraq, Boko Haram wipes half a town off the map , family break down , multiplication of pretenders , fake people , users and abusers, religious freaks wrecking havoc all over the place, diseases, weather disasters etc.

How can the world be such a haven of injustice, one part of the world vomiting out food (bulimia ) while the other part struggles to eat 2 square meals. Fathers killing sons and sons killing fathers. Churches now almost brothels or places of abuse and fraud, the same place where people are supposed to find peace and succour has also become grossly evil and mostly business centres.

I am really struggling to understand why a good world has become so evil , and please don't feed me with that ' the reason for this evil is the devil ' crap , after all God destroyed the early world because of the wickedness of man and not the devil.

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by malvisguy212: 10:03pm On May 25, 2015
frosbel:
I just can't explain it.

God created everything and called it good, however we are told that the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil was in the midst of the garden, why dint God just cut it off in the first place? Because God want to create humans who will worship Him and love him, bible say without trial true love cannot be possible, true love required two option(evil and good)so God allow evil to exist in other for man to chose from good and evil.

The decision you chose can affect other people in Luke chapter 12 it say;

"Do you suppose that I came to grant
peace on earth? I tell you, no, but
rather division; for from now on five
members in one household will be
divided, three against two, and two
against three. They will be divided,
father against son, and son against
father; mother against daughter, and
daughter against mother; mother-in-
law against daughter- in-law, and
daughter-in-law against mother-in-
law." ( Luke 12:51-53)

So you see, spiritual choices causes division.Jesus said that the division between His followers and those who oppose Him will widen as time goes on:

"Then they will deliver you to
tribulation, and will kill you, and you
will be hated by all nations on
account of My name." ( Matthew 24:9)

So, the reason why there is no world
peace is because most people have
chosen to oppose God and do their own
thing. Jesus said that God will allow this
unrighteousness to continue for quite a
while, then bring a quick end to the
persecution of the righteous:

"For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred
since the beginning of the world until
now, nor ever shall. And unless those
days had been cut short, no life
would have been saved; but for the
sake of the elect those days shall be
cut short." ( Matthew 24:21-22)

It is at this time that God will judge the
world and the unrighteous. Following
this, God will destroy the universe and
create a brand new one.
THIS IS GOD CONCEPT OF PEACE
Jesus, the Prince of Peace, did not come
to give peace to the world, but to give
peace with God to the individual:

Therefore having been justified by
faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ.
( Romans 5:1)

This peace comes through repentance.
Unfortunately, many people do not know what true repentance means, repentance is not simply saying a prayer and going along with one's own
idea of what is right. It is believing God
and responding in that belief. Thank you.
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Nobody: 6:46am On May 26, 2015
gatiano:
Before Muhammad, the romans have been vampires and wolves. Think again.

Glad you agree that mohamed was a tyrant. Whereas the roman tyranny ended with their empire, mohamed's tyranny continues till this date through m0rons inspired by him.

1 Like

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by mujahid1339(m): 9:15am On May 26, 2015
Jagoon:

Glad you agree that mohamed was a tyrant. Whereas the roman tyranny ended with their empire, mohamed's tyranny continues till this date through m0rons inspired by him.
STFU you fool! what tyranny when western wars alone this century has killed 100X more than the so-called 'terrorist'
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Nobody: 10:07am On May 26, 2015
mujahid1339:
STFU you fool! what tyranny when western wars alone this century has killed 100X more than the so-called 'terrorist'

What is this dunce saying

3 Likes

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by gatiano(m): 10:27am On May 26, 2015
Your Parent must have had a sad time because of your poor performances in your studies. Where did I mention that Muhammad was a tyranny. When the so called terrorists learn about the crusade which has never stopped till this very moment, They go woooow! They are still infants compare to the beast(as described in the Bible), You know who the beasts are, Your blind materialistic love for them won't let you admit the truth.
Jagoon:

1 Like

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by gatiano(m): 10:27am On May 26, 2015
He taught you a fraction of a fraction of the truth.
Jagoon:

What is this dunce saying
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by simplex2: 10:28am On May 26, 2015
One religious group is waiting for their savior to DESTROY the world...
Another religious group is busy destroying it themselves...
Religion is the undoing of any society.

Let Jesus come soon and take these hypocrites out of this place and let us make the world a better place.
Let allah take his own followers to his paradise.
The world will be a better place without these folks.

4 Likes

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by gatiano(m): 10:32am On May 26, 2015
Let the white jesus too come and rapture his people (his beloved christians in the lord) away ooo.
simplex2:
One religious group is waiting for their savior to DESTROY the world...
Another religious group is busy destroying it themselves...
Religion is the undoing of any society.

Let Jesus come soon and take these hypocrites out of this place and let us make the world a better place.
Let allah take his own followers to his paradise.
The world will be a better place without these folks.
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by simplex2: 10:55am On May 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
God created everything and called it good,

Because God want to create humans who will worship Him and love him, bible say without trial true love cannot be possible, true love required two option(evil and good)so God allow evil to exist in other for man to chose from good and evil.

Another empty ramblings!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by Nobody: 11:46am On May 26, 2015
NumberOne2:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of EVIL is for GOOD men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Leave God out of it. Man himself is evil but he is always quick to blame God or Devil.

Questions for You
What good are you doing in your immediate community?
Can those around you say you are a good person?
Start from yourself. Look in the mirror and ask yourself "am I improving or destroying this World"?

it is not about me , it is about others.

Besides, what does my good works have to do with rape, ritual murder, sexual deviance, corruption, natural disasters, fratricide , matricide, genocide , prolicide , hate, slander etc

Do people suffer just for the sake of it or is there a final goal ?

And when we add your hell fire into the equation you have a monstrous plan for 99% of humanity .

1 Like

Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by NumberOne2(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2015
frosbel:

it is not about me , it is about others.

Besides, what does my good works have to do with rape, ritual murder, sexual deviance, corruption, natural disasters, fratricide , matricide, genocide , prolicide , hate, slander etc

Do people suffer just for the sake of it or is there a final goal ?

And when we add your hell fire into the equation you have a monstrous plan for 99% of humanity .

So why didn't you add suicide to the list? Who is responsible for that? God? Devil? Drugs?

Until you and mankind generally realize that change comes internally, planet Earth will continue to suffer.
Jesus knew this and sent the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to dwell IN US. Change comes from WITHIN. Look in the mirror and start changing from there.
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by vooks: 1:22pm On May 26, 2015
frosbel:
I just can't explain it.

If you don't believe in evolution, watch Frosbel
Re: If This World Was Created Good Why Is There So Much Evil by plaetton: 2:21pm On May 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
God created everything and called it good, however we are told that the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil was in the midst of the garden, why dint God just cut it off in the first place? Because God want to create humans who will worship Him and love him, bible say without trial true love cannot be possible, true love required two option(evil and good)so God allow evil to exist in other for man to chose from good and evil.

The decision you chose can affect other people in Luke chapter 12 it say;

"Do you suppose that I came to grant
peace on earth? I tell you, no, but
rather division; for from now on five
members in one household will be
divided, three against two, and two
against three. They will be divided,
father against son, and son against
father; mother against daughter, and
daughter against mother; mother-in-
law against daughter- in-law, and
daughter-in-law against mother-in-
law." ( Luke 12:51-53)

So you see, spiritual choices causes division.Jesus said that the division between His followers and those who oppose Him will widen as time goes on:

"Then they will deliver you to
tribulation, and will kill you, and you
will be hated by all nations on
account of My name." ( Matthew 24:9)

So, the reason why there is no world
peace is because most people have
chosen to oppose God and do their own
thing. Jesus said that God will allow this
unrighteousness to continue for quite a
while, then bring a quick end to the
persecution of the righteous:

"For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred
since the beginning of the world until
now, nor ever shall. And unless those
days had been cut short, no life
would have been saved; but for the
sake of the elect those days shall be
cut short." ( Matthew 24:21-22)

It is at this time that God will judge the
world and the unrighteous. Following
this, God will destroy the universe and
create a brand new one.
THIS IS GOD CONCEPT OF PEACE
Jesus, the Prince of Peace, did not come
to give peace to the world, but to give
peace with God to the individual:

Therefore having been justified by
faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ.
( Romans 5:1)

This peace comes through repentance.
Unfortunately, many people do not know what true repentance means, repentance is not simply saying a prayer and going along with one's own
idea of what is right. It is believing God
and responding in that belief. Thank you.
C'mon man. Grow up.
All this " blame it on Adam " is too stale for adults. It's meant for little children.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola - The Man That Started The First Christian Revi / If Today Is Your Last Day On Earth What Would you Do?? / The Trinity Disproved! A Quinternity Found Instead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.