Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons (19405 Views)

Bbnaija 2019: Abuja Audition, Crowd Storms Venue (photos, Video) / Bbnaija 2019: Crowds Storm Enugu Audition Ground As Early As 6am (Photos) / Why BBNaija 2019 Is Holding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Amanee(f): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
Types Of Spirits That Cause 'Near Success Syndrome' - The BBN Example

BBNaija 2019 has finally come and gone and in the ensuing few weeks, Nigerian youths will be caught up in the euphoria of following up with the lives of ex-housemates and the winner. I didn't personally follow the show but the little I was able to discern with the help of Nairaland and Twitter has formed this thread.

Sometimes, shows as mundane as Big Brother Naija "Pepper Dem" version may not be educational on face value but I see everything in life as a lesson and if you look, even shows like BBN have a lot of lessons to impart to everyone.

Without further ado, let's look at the Types of Spirits that causes near success syndrome - BBN example.

Instigation Cindy

This spirit is sometimes personified in people that we know, family members even people we refer to as friends. People like Cindy in BBN. Those people that are eager to tell you what was said about you behind your back, to tell you who called you stupid , who disrespected you, who gossiped about you and what have you; but when you react, when the fight starts, they will be the first to hide in the corner, act neutral , watch and laugh, while you make a fool of yourself. An instigator is the worst enemy. Beware of the Cindys’ in your life. After all said and done, nobody will remember the instigators like Cindy, but your reaction will forever be imprinted in everyone’s hearts. It may even cost you your success.

Anger

Yes, Mercy's hair flip right into Tacha's face coupled with the stream of insults can provoke anyone to anger. But giving into that anger is what seperates winners from losers and more importantly, 30M richer from 1m and bogus promises richer. You mustn’t react every time you are pushed to anger. You might be right, but will end up apologizing because of your reaction. Tacha was right to have defended herself, but her defense unfortunately involved getting physical, hence, her disqualification. Thus, she ended up being the one giving the apology. You mustn’t react every time you are offended because you are right.

Engaging in unnecessary battles

This is a spirit that has seen many men and women reach the brink of success but never actualize it because they spent a lot of time and energy focusing on unnecessary battles. In Tacha's case, barely few days to the final, she chose a battle that took her own head. Sometimes it is good to swallow one's pride and take one for the team. Team You! Before you pick that battle: Is it close to your wedding day? Your exam? Your traveling out? Your promotion? An upcoming important event in your life? What is at stake for you? You don’t have to be a walk over but sometimes, you take one for the team. Team You!! It doesn’t make you stupid! It makes you wise! Engaging in unnecessary battles on the other hand, keeps you from not reaching the finish line.

Do you know who I am?

The pride that comes with this spirit has hindered a lot of us from achieving great things. This was clearly Tacha’s year! Tacha’s game! But in order to show ima kwa onye m'bu? Mercy took what could have been hers. Sometimes it might be in your home, in your car, in your business, or in what belongs to you; but you still need to forget who you are, maybe join the queue, maybe don’t respond, or maybe follow the entire process. Sometimes you need to forget that your important role/ image/position. We marvel when we see billionaires like Bill Gates on a queue but imagine him in the process of trying to form do you know who I am, shoves another customer?
Imagine the law suits that will follow when the shoved person will form hip, leg and liver fracture from the gentle shove? Imagine the public outcry and the inconveniences that might follow? Won't it be better if Bill Gates jejely respects himself when he’s in public and joins the queue?

This here might be a game, another tv entertainment, but there is an element of BBN 2019 game in all of us. We sometimes lose it big, miss out on important things in life because we were unnecessarily trying to prove something in the right place, at the wrong time.

A word is enough for the wise.

Source: https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2356981527884771&id=100007188392842&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6745004307564123287%3Amf_story_key.8029180493907235067%3Atop_level_post_id.2356981527884771%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100007188392842%3Asrc.22%3Astory_location.5%3Aview_time.1570443065%3Afilter.h_nor&__tn__=%2As-R

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by iCauseTrouble: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
FTP on a Monday..... This week is blessed for me

4 Likes

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Yukyaky: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
So much lesson to learn

4 Likes

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Kendumazy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
BBN matter again! Okay. We dey wait for Near failure syndrome too.
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by drips8(m): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
Tacha just blew her shot at the money in some seconds.

6 Likes

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by NwaNimo1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
Not my market.....my time is money.
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by marshalcarter: 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
shebbi dis tin aff finish let us hear word oooooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Carmit(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
All these space Booker's should be banned jare angry angry

How will a sane person type just a Letter

1 Like

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by TrollKiller(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
true talk. like for mercy, share for tacha

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by NigPatriot(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
lipsrsealed

IN summary we all should pray for "cindys" in the life of our competitors... Btw there is no assurance that Tacha would have won if she reached the finale. Based on votes Mercy got higher votes than Tachas previous vote before disqualification.

3 Likes

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Soso990240(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
Op u try. Cindy was d devil dat prevented Tacha from winning. In as much as I hate Tacha's attitude, she had a huge Fan base.. I pray she changes and becomes successful in d nearest future.
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Pulsenaija: 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
lol

Download Batwoman S01E01, season 1 Episode 1 – Pilot

https://pulzenaija.com/movies/download-batwoman-s01e01/
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by wonyi: 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
Well Said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Harrison4adam(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
If you a Tacha fans ...Bleep you all. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Yinxies(f): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Thank God the show has ended
You can now buy 1,2,3 Bedrooms in Fairfield Apartments, Lekki and pay over 10years! Payment as low as N90,750 per month with full access within 24 months. Call or Whatsapp 08112222019 for details

1 Like

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Regiomontanus(m): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
I wonder what would be running through Tacha's mind.
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by psalm1man(m): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nice points. But then, we all humans... When emotions take over, na grace not to react. It takes a special level of self-control.

If you insult me lasan, me I will give it back to you hot hot ni o. embarassed

Bring all your giftcards and bitcoins, I will give you cash. cool

2 Likes

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by smartoliver(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
Well.. After all said and done, we'll forget about it cause most Nigerians always live in the moment and are very quick to forget the past. This was just a show, now that it's ended, let's remember that Buhari is still the president and nothing in this country is working well .

4 Likes

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Houstency(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by nauto6: 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2019
Good
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by ppreye(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
It leads acute to depression. Kai! Tacha would have won hands down
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by mrvitalis(m): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
U people talk as if this is the end of tacha

She went in their for the game and she got it
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
Mercy has won that the after success syndrome
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by yunafa(f): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
Amanee:
Types Of Spirits That Cause 'Near Success Syndrome' - The BBN Example

BBNaija 2019 has finally come and gone and in the ensuing few weeks, Nigerian youths will be caught up in the euphoria of following up with the lives of ex-housemates and the winner. I didn't personally follow the show but the little I was able to discern with the help of Nairaland and Twitter has formed this thread.

Sometimes, shows as mundane as Big Brother Naija "Pepper Dem" version may not be educational on face value but I see everything in life as a lesson and if you look, even shows like BBN have a lot of lessons to impart to everyone.

Without further ado, let's look at the Types of Spirits that causes near success syndrome - BBN example.

Instigation Cindy

This spirit is sometimes personified in people that we know, family members even people we refer to as friends. People like Cindy in BBN. Those people that are eager to tell you what was said about you behind your back, to tell you who called you stupid , who disrespected you, who gossiped about you and what have you; but when you react, when the fight starts, they will be the first to hide in the corner, act neutral , watch and laugh, while you make a fool of yourself. An instigator is the worst enemy. Beware of the Cindys’ in your life. After all said and done, nobody will remember the instigators like Cindy, but your reaction will forever be imprinted in everyone’s hearts. It may even cost you your success.

Anger

Yes, Mercy's hair flip right into Tacha's face coupled with the stream of insults can provoke anyone to anger. But giving into that anger is what seperates winners from losers and more importantly, 30M richer from 1m and bogus promises richer. You mustn’t react every time you are pushed to anger. You might be right, but will end up apologizing because of your reaction. Tacha was right to have defended herself, but her defense unfortunately involved getting physical, hence, her disqualification. Thus, she ended up being the one giving the apology. You mustn’t react every time you are offended because you are right.

Engaging in unnecessary battles

This is a spirit that has seen many men and women reach the brink of success but never actualize it because they spent a lot of time and energy focusing on unnecessary battles. In Tacha's case, barely few days to the final, she chose a battle that took her own head. Sometimes it is good to swallow one's pride and take one for the team. Team You! Before you pick that battle: Is it close to your wedding day? Your exam? Your traveling out? Your promotion? An upcoming important event in your life? What is at stake for you? You don’t have to be a walk over but sometimes, you take one for the team. Team You!! It doesn’t make you stupid! It makes you wise! Engaging in unnecessary battles on the other hand, keeps you from not reaching the finish line.

Do you know who I am?

The pride that comes with this spirit has hindered a lot of us from achieving great things. This was clearly Tacha’s year! Tacha’s game! But in order to show ima kwa onye m'bu? Mercy took what could have been hers. Sometimes it might be in your home, in your car, in your business, or in what belongs to you; but you still need to forget who you are, maybe join the queue, maybe don’t respond, or maybe follow the entire process. Sometimes you need to forget that your important role/ image/position. We marvel when we see billionaires like Bill Gates on a queue but imagine him in the process of trying to form do you know who I am, shoves another customer?
Imagine the law suits that will follow when the shoved person will form hip, leg and liver fracture from the gentle shove? Imagine the public outcry and the inconveniences that might follow? Won't it be better if Bill Gates jejely respects himself when he’s in public and joins the queue?

This here might be a game, another tv entertainment, but there is an element of BBN 2019 game in all of us. We sometimes lose it big, miss out on important things in life because we were unnecessarily trying to prove something in the right place, at the wrong time.

A word is enough for the wise.

Source: https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2356981527884771&id=100007188392842&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6745004307564123287%3Amf_story_key.8029180493907235067%3Atop_level_post_id.2356981527884771%3Acontent_owner_id_new.100007188392842%3Asrc.22%3Astory_location.5%3Aview_time.1570443065%3Afilter.h_nor&__tn__=%2As-R
WELL SAID AND PROPERLY OUTLINED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Buoyancy127(m): 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
Lesson indeed buoyancy for ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by faithfull18(f): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
smartoliver:
Well.. After all said and done, we'll forget about it cause most Nigerians always live in the moment and are very quick to forget the past. This was just a show, now that it's ended, let's remember that Buhari is still the president and nothing in this country is working well .
Lol, hmmn.
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by topianotope: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Lesson learned thanks to op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by Dygeasy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
Re: Near Success Syndrome: BBNaija 2019 Lessons by MoIbrahim: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
I am here till Day 99, no leave no transfer! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2019: The Immorality Show Nigerian Youths Love / Mara And Clara (Phillipino Soap Opera) / Bbnaija 2018: Miracle Wins Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.