Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) (2622 Views)

The Adventures Of Czar / The Adventures Of A Nigga / STORY: Keeping Up With The Adventures Of Slutty Ngozi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by princessboy12(f): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
My name is wale but everyone in my town call me walata
I'm a troublesome guy to the core, handsome and very intelligent..
My adventures began the day I got the news from my uncle to come and live with him in Lagos...
Sit back and enjoy

1 Like

Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Devilpen(m): 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
When will you concluded the previous one.....
It's not easy but you gat try to...
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by princessboy12(f): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
Devilpen:
When will you concluded the previous one.....
It's not easy but you gat try to...
Which previous one bro
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by princessboy12(f): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
"I am going to call out names of some students who were found in the dilapidated building beside this school which we have placed a warning that none of you should go to, these students were caught bullying an innocent man,
David Apata!! Kunle Oyetayo!!! Wale Adebisi!!! Come outside now!! " The principal of Igbokoda grammar school called out.
I walked out majestically with my guys as I climbed the assembly podium, the principal kept blabbing and calling us all sorts of names, the verdict was us to be given 12 strokes of the cane, David was the first to receive the cane, as he received the first stroke he cried out and all the students laughed at him till he received the last stroke, Kunle followed suit and he was welcomed by the mocking and jest of most of the female students, when it got to my turn the assembly ground was very quiet it was only the sound of the lashes hitting my buttocks that could be heard, no student dare to laugh at me most especially the female students because almost all of the are crushing on me..
I forgot to introduce myself, My name is Wale Adebisi I am Nineteen years old but I look twenty-five the beards on my face could do the talk for me, I am very fair in complexion and spotless, I have dimples and a very cute gap tooth in fact I am every woman's dream, who wouldn't fall for my look? I am in my final year in secondary school, I am in science class and the most intelligent in the whole school but I am a troublesome fellow...
After the beating, the vice principal adviced the SS3 students to prepare well for the WAEC which is commencing the next week...
Fast forward to the last day of WAEC...
"Toyosi please give me your number so I can always stay in touch with you" I begged toyosi the queen of our school
"Walata see Ehn me and you cannot date o, as u dey see me so Ehn I Don turn to lagosian o, I'm going to Lagos tomorrow so how do you expect me to date someone in the village when there are fine fine girls in lagos" she hissed and walked out on me..
I was very sad because the only girl my heart beats for among all the girls in the school just turned me down, I love Toyosi but she doesn't like me because I'm not financially buoyant, and no be say dem no dey rush me o but nah her love I dey consider o...
I walked home dejectedly and I saw a crowd in front of our house, some are murmuring, some are crying, I walked briskly into my compound to find out what happened but I was denied access to enter the House
"Emaje ko wole o, u know say he dey write exams " a man said as people held me
I released myself angrily from them and ran inside, I saw my mother and I inquired what happened from her
"Wale, baba e tiku o" my mom cried
I ran into my father's room and met his lifeless body covered with a white material.. I cried bitterly until my eyes could weep no more..
My Father was buried the same day as we have no money to keep him in a morgue...
Two weeks after the burial I received a call from my father's younger Brother Uncle Shola, that I should come and start staying with him in Lagos to ease the burden off my mother, and he promised to sponsor my two younger sisters who were still in secondary school.. I was very happy when I received the alert of twenty thousand naira and an SMS from uncle Kola that says
"Use 5,000naira to transport yourself to Lagos and give the rest to your mother, my address :14 kokumo street, Allen avenue, ikeja"
I was very happy as I dashed out of the house to make use of the ATM, on my way home I told every single person I met on my way that I'm going to Lagos the next day, I got home and shared the news to my mom, she was very happy while my sisters cried that they will miss me, I arranged my loads and waited earnestly for morning to come, at midnight I was thinking of a lot of things, I thought of meeting toyosi in Lagos, I thought of exploring the whole of Lagos, in fact it got to a point that I thought of using my hand to shift the wall clock hands to make the morning faster, at exactly 5am I woke up and dressed up, at 5:25am I was ready As I went to wake my mom up, she prayed and adviced me, I couldn't go to my sisters room as I wasn't ready to console anyone that morning.. Off I went to the garage.
My Adventures began in the bus, with a lady sitting beside me.

2 Likes

Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Hardes(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
following.
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Sliss(m): 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
Following bumper to bumper
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by sparta191(m): 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2019
nice. update please.
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Ann2012(f): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
I don balance here
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Emex100(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2019
Ann2012:
I don balance here
Na wetin you like be this. You no even ask of me. How are you and the family sweetie

1 Like

Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Ann2012(f): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2019
Emex100:

Na wetin you like be this. You no even ask of me.
How are you and the family sweetie
grin cheesy

We dey fine
Urs nko?
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Ann2012(f): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2019
Emex100:

Na wetin you like be this. You no even ask of me.
How are you and the family sweetie
grin cheesy

We dey fine
Urs nko?
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Emex100(m): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2019
Ann2012:
grin cheesy
We dey fine Urs nko?
Dem dey too dey chop for my head......lol

1 Like

Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by princessboy12(f): 7:25am On Oct 11, 2019
This girl fine scatter, she is fair and plump, her Yansh con finish work... I kept thinking of the logic I would use to strike a conversation with this angel.. The bus started and we headed to Lagos. .. Hmm hmm I kept clearing my throat, when we got to Ibadan iwo road some passengers came down while some of us bought drinks and snacks, I bought two plastic drink of bigi apple and two sausage rolls I offered one drink and sausage roll to the angel sitting beside me hoping that I will strike a conversation from there, "Ah Broda eseun o, ewo ebi tin pami latoro" that was what this girl said, I couldn't believe my ears upon the tushness so this girl nah village girl, I just hissed and looked away, the way this girl was devouring the snacks Ehn even a newly freed prisoner wouldeat better, I regretted buying it for her as she didn't worth the lose...
I ate my snack in silence as I noticed this girl touching me, "bro, bro, please can I ask you a question? " the girl asked me, again I was impressed with her and the way her accent is you wouldn't believe that she was the same girl that spoke the local dialer some minutes ago,
"Yes, how may I help you? " I replied smiling
"please this is my first time of traveling to Lagos alone and I was told to go get a bus going to Maryland " she said.. Which kind soap this one now how would I tell her that I'm also traveling for the first time also, I thought as I faced her... "Ah ah is not far nah, once we get down from the bus I will take you to where you will get a bus to Maryland " I said.
"thank you so much Ehn, that's what I've been thinking too cos I heard that once you don't know anywhere in Lagos people will take advantage of you" she said
"I've been living in Lagos for the past three years" I told her the lie of the century
"wow, I didn't even ask for your name? " she said
"My name is wale but everyone calls me walata, and you? "
"my name is toyin" she replied..
We kept gisting as we get to Lagos but the bus hasn't gotten to the final bus stop, she asked me "walata where are we now" I felt heat immediately as hot sweat were coming out from my body, well I had to package and look for what to tell her, "we are at oshodi " I replied her after all I have been hearing of the great oshodi right from the village...
"Mr man Are you new here? " the man sitting next to Toyin asked
"Ehn Ehn are you New year ko, first of January ni, you will not mind your business, aproko" I answered the man
"don't mind him o we are at Ojota and we will soon get to the bus stop " the man told Toyin..
The kind bad eye I used in looking at the man Ehn ...
The thought of how to take Toyin to ikeja kept haunting me, I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the driver saying "Gbogbo ero!!" .. And I saw people coming down from the bus, I immediately jumped out of the bus and I saw Toyin running after me "walata na wa for u o, u no even wait for me" she said breathing profusely..
I didn't know where I got the courage from as I Held her hand and we started trekking, the time was 11am, "mushin !!mushin!!! mushin!!! " conductors called out... I grabbed her hand as we entered the bus, "150 ni mushin o" the conductor said.. Toyin paid for my fare also, we got to mushin and we entered another bus going to yaba that one cost us another 300naira which came from toyin's purse again.. As at then the time was some minutes to 1pm... Don't forget we are going to ikeja oo.. When we got to yaba we entered another bus going to oyingbo which is 50naira per passenger Toyin told me she had no money with her again and I paid for two.. When we got to oyingbo Toyin told me "walata is Maryland that far, cos my uncle told me that once I get to where the first bus drop us Maryland is just like 300naira from there, now I've spent so much and it's almost 2hours now we've not gotten to Maryland "
What she said touched me and I decided to confess to her "Toyin see this is also my first time of traveling to Lagos, though I've been here with my dad when I was 10years old but this is my first time of coming alone" I told her
She started cursing me and cried, after I've begged her tirelessly we both agreed to ask people, we saw a man and asked him to direct Toyin how to get to maryland and how I will get to ikeja "where are you people coming from? " he asked
"Ojota" we chorused.
"then how did you guys now got here" he asked
"we are just entering different buses " I said..
He gave us the description and we thanked him as Left, Toyin headed towards where she will get bus to Maryland and I followed her, she looked back and saw me "you better stop following me iwo eleribu Omo yi" she cursed
I was left to my fate as I saw Toyin entered a bus.. I only had 100naira with me...
How do I get to ikeja from oyingbo with just 100naira

2 Likes

Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by 198800Mam(m): 1:06am On Oct 12, 2019
MORE UPDATES
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
lovely write up

where is the op, come and update o
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by kakakoshina(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2019
dead on arrival! if it can take the op months without update what do you call that?
Re: The Escapades Of Wale Walata( Adventures Of A Village Champion) by TheCork(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
princessboy12:
This girl fine scatter, she is fair and plump, her Yansh con finish work... I kept thinking of the logic I would use to strike a conversation with this angel.. The bus started and we headed to Lagos. .. Hmm hmm I kept clearing my throat, when we got to Ibadan iwo road some passengers came down while some of us bought drinks and snacks, I bought two plastic drink of bigi apple and two sausage rolls I offered one drink and sausage roll to the angel sitting beside me hoping that I will strike a conversation from there, "Ah Broda eseun o, ewo ebi tin pami latoro" that was what this girl said, I couldn't believe my ears upon the tushness so this girl nah village girl, I just hissed and looked away, the way this girl was devouring the snacks Ehn even a newly freed prisoner wouldeat better, I regretted buying it for her as she didn't worth the lose...
I ate my snack in silence as I noticed this girl touching me, "bro, bro, please can I ask you a question? " the girl asked me, again I was impressed with her and the way her accent is you wouldn't believe that she was the same girl that spoke the local dialer some minutes ago,
"Yes, how may I help you? " I replied smiling
"please this is my first time of traveling to Lagos alone and I was told to go get a bus going to Maryland " she said.. Which kind soap this one now how would I tell her that I'm also traveling for the first time also, I thought as I faced her... "Ah ah is not far nah, once we get down from the bus I will take you to where you will get a bus to Maryland " I said.
"thank you so much Ehn, that's what I've been thinking too cos I heard that once you don't know anywhere in Lagos people will take advantage of you" she said
"I've been living in Lagos for the past three years" I told her the lie of the century
"wow, I didn't even ask for your name? " she said
"My name is wale but everyone calls me walata, and you? "
"my name is toyin" she replied..
We kept gisting as we get to Lagos but the bus hasn't gotten to the final bus stop, she asked me "walata where are we now" I felt heat immediately as hot sweat were coming out from my body, well I had to package and look for what to tell her, "we are at oshodi " I replied her after all I have been hearing of the great oshodi right from the village...
"Mr man Are you new here? " the man sitting next to Toyin asked
"Ehn Ehn are you New year ko, first of January ni, you will not mind your business, aproko" I answered the man
"don't mind him o we are at Ojota and we will soon get to the bus stop " the man told Toyin..
The kind bad eye I used in looking at the man Ehn ...
The thought of how to take Toyin to ikeja kept haunting me, I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the driver saying "Gbogbo ero!!" .. And I saw people coming down from the bus, I immediately jumped out of the bus and I saw Toyin running after me "walata na wa for u o, u no even wait for me" she said breathing profusely..
I didn't know where I got the courage from as I Held her hand and we started trekking, the time was 11am, "mushin !!mushin!!! mushin!!! " conductors called out... I grabbed her hand as we entered the bus, "150 ni mushin o" the conductor said.. Toyin paid for my fare also, we got to mushin and we entered another bus going to yaba that one cost us another 300naira which came from toyin's purse again.. As at then the time was some minutes to 1pm... Don't forget we are going to ikeja oo.. When we got to yaba we entered another bus going to oyingbo which is 50naira per passenger Toyin told me she had no money with her again and I paid for two.. When we got to oyingbo Toyin told me "walata is Maryland that far, cos my uncle told me that once I get to where the first bus drop us Maryland is just like 300naira from there, now I've spent so much and it's almost 2hours now we've not gotten to Maryland "
What she said touched me and I decided to confess to her "Toyin see this is also my first time of traveling to Lagos, though I've been here with my dad when I was 10years old but this is my first time of coming alone" I told her
She started cursing me and cried, after I've begged her tirelessly we both agreed to ask people, we saw a man and asked him to direct Toyin how to get to maryland and how I will get to ikeja "where are you people coming from? " he asked
"Ojota" we chorused.
"then how did you guys now got here" he asked
"we are just entering different buses " I said..
He gave us the description and we thanked him as Left, Toyin headed towards where she will get bus to Maryland and I followed her, she looked back and saw me "you better stop following me iwo eleribu Omo yi" she cursed
I was left to my fate as I saw Toyin entered a bus.. I only had 100naira with me...
How do I get to ikeja from oyingbo with just 100naira

How much please? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Bibijay123. / I Will Kill My Best Friend Tonight. / A New Anthology Of Short Fiction: Submissions Requested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.