Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer (2742 Views)

My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) / How To Successfully Understand A Used Car Dealer In A Used Car Auction! / ANYONE NEEDS TO BUY A CAR FROM COTONOU & NEEDS A CAR DEALER...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by owenaze: 10:35am On Nov 05, 2010
This is to inform ALL Nairalanders to avoid doing any business with this ALABI4GOOD/ADEMLABI guy. I wanted to get a car thru him some days ago but noticed he was not sincere with me. For two weeks now he has been in possession of my N20,000.00 and has refused to pay back.

ALABI4GOOD/ADEMLABI you lack integrity and you do not have your client's interest at heart. Make no mistake you will be paying more than this sooner than you think.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Consensus: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2010
shocked shocked
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by onezirozan: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2010
adelambi over to you.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by sultaan(m): 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
Wetin wrong with this poor man?
Plenty people don lose Million Naira here you come dey make noise for N20k
Abeg that one na retainer for him to find car for you.I think you be o ne of those people looking for N200k car grin
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by gidigbam(m): 6:43am On Nov 07, 2010
sultaan or what ever ur foolish name is,even 1naira is too much money to be taken by trick,so if adelambi is ur cohort u beter warn him to return the money to the owner,u talk of people looking for 200k car,i gues ur the type that treck around lagos or jump 4rm okada to morue,foolish man.

1 Like

Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by ayusman16(m): 9:07am On Nov 07, 2010
sultaan:

Wetin wrong with this poor man?
Plenty people don lose Million Naira here you come dey make noise for N20k
Abeg that one na retainer for him to find car for you.I think you be o ne of those people looking for N200k car grin

Bros. This ur comment is uncalled for. You must not encourage or take sides in issues like this except ofcourse you were privy to the deal. Lets join hands and bring credibility to the auto section and Nigeria as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by drmax(m): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2010
Sulta, your comment is insulting to all NL. Integrity is very important here and for your comment, you deserve to be delisted immediately!

1 Like

Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 07, 2010
Sorry to hear about your issues, Owenaze.

What exactly happened? Was the 20k a deposit / retainer for Ademlabi to actually search for a car for you, and was there a time frame for this to take place? If so, two weeks isn't an unreasonable period, unless it's more of a lack-of-communication issue?

Have you tried contacting Ademlabi directly, and if yes, what was the outcome?

I hope you get things sorted in good time. Any amount of money's too much to lose.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by ademlabi(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2010
The saying that (customers are always right) is 100%  correct but in this case you are absolutely WRONG Mr Nosa. I am just getting to see your thread now,You should not call me a dishonest person cos i am NOT dishonest and have NEVER been dishonest with you. You did not trust me and my effort from the beginning which is wrong when you are in business with someone.Let me break it down for those who do not know what actually happened between me and Mr Nosa (Owenaze on NL).

The initial plan was for me to get him a 2002 Avalon from Cotonou and deliver it to his doorstep in PH,we talked on price,specification and all that and we agreed on 1.2m down to Lagos and some money for the driver that will drive it down to PH so he sent me 25k on 22nd of Oct which was on a Friday, 5k for transportation and the other 20k for the deposit of the ride.

I was unable to hit Cotonou that same day, so I went to Cotonou on Monday with my co-dealers in search of the ride.Due to his tight budget, we had to search properly for the one that fits into the budget and his options.We finally got one and i took some pictures about 4 of them and sent the pics to him immediately i got home.

He checked and sent me a text that i didnt go anywhere, He complained that i sent him few pics like i just got some old pictures of the ride and sent it to him. I read the text and i was dumbfounded. People that have been to Cotonou could explain how tasking Cotonou could be. I called him and said ok, I would get you as many pictures as you want the next day which was on Tuesday then I suggested he send his representative so that he sees the car before we make the full payment.

We went in search of the ride the next day, we saw a black one that was just great, clean in and out with a very clean and sound engine.I took more than 10 pictures of it, snapped the paper on which the VIN was written then i made deposit of 20k on it and made an agreement with the dealer to come up with the full payment 2 days max. It was the best bet and i know it might be sold if we dont make a deposit which serves as a commitment j cos i wont like it if he missed the ride.I have gotten three (3) 2002 Toyota Avalon on NL so i know exactly what i am talking about.

I sent him all the pictures he asked for and he was still in DOUBT and he insisted i send the VIN which i did.To cut the long story short, he sent his representative to meet me on Thursday, but i was not available cos i had to deliver a ride in Ibadan that morning so i left his rep in care of my right hand man Sholasho whom is my co dealer. They went to check on the ride, and he said he did not like it so they went on in search of another, they got different types but he complained about one thing or the other, few minutes later he said he was tired and needed some rest, they took him to our agents office while they still went on in search of the ride. They got some and spotted their location.As they were about coming back to call his attention at the office, they were informed that Mr Nosa s representative went ahead with another dealer in search of the ride so they went back to the market for their business.

My plan was to meet up with his representative when i am done in Ibadan that day but my plans changed and it took about 3 days before i could get back home.When i got home, they explained everything to me in details.I later went to the dealer whom i made the deposit to but he refused to give me the deposit and said we had an agreement 2 pay up in 2 days that i have prevented him from selling the ride. I called Mr Nosa and explained everything to him but he didnt want to listen. I know money is easy to come by so i dont play with peoples money.

I have lost count of the number of cars i have gotten on NL, or to talk of the good people that have sent Millions of naira to me to buy and deliver their cars which i did ? I dont take what does not rightfully belongs to me. PLease and please DONT spoil my name, thats what i least expect here cos I have gat my name and integrity to protect.

thank you.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2010
Thank you, Ademlabi. Your explanation sounds very plausible.

Owenaze, I understand your pain. But one thing is clear - a deposit is just that, a deposit. Which is a "promise to complete", and is generally non-refundable. A refund of a deposit is at the holder's discretion, it's a privilege, not a right. I gather you got a car elsewhere, probably at a price more suited to your budget. Regardless, it would have been better, and a darn sight more honourable, if you'd contacted Ademlabi, and just come clean. You'd changed your mind. It would have been down to him and the seller of the car, to decide if they'd give you your deposit back.

Clearly, you've gone about things the wrong way, and in doing so, have created a false impression, that Ademlabi has wronged you, and absconded with your 20K, which doesn't appear to be the case here. Please, if I'm wrong (I don't think I am though) then state your side of things, so this can be wrapped up, before if becomes a 10-page mud-slinging match.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by GBT(m): 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ poster if this is the case please we are all adult and there are better means of resolution than the one you have taken.
I think it would have been better you folks sit this down and come to a compromise than this?

@ Poster kindly call him directly rather than thru a third pary and sort issues out
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by femy2010(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2010
Only one that has been to the Cotonou auto market would know how tasking it is and deposite made are never refundable.
Pictures can never b like the real thing.
Trust is key.
The dealer very much understand the fact that any good delivery made would always breed him newer patronage and since the buyer is willing to send payment to the dealer then he should at least have faith and trust in the dealer.
Money is hard indeed but equally sad for one to walk a whole day in the sun and rain and still not make a buy.
My advice for the future is if you are busy and unable to head to Cotonou with your dealer then tell him your spec,desired color and desired mileage and am sure he would deliver exactly what you asked for.
Like my bro Siena said,lets end the thread and move on.
Inbtwn,its a great new productive week ahead,lets start it with joy.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by GeorgeD1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2010
i think this is purely a case of communication breakdown btw mr ademlabi and mr owenaze. both should try and resolve this issue privately.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by sultaan(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2010
gidigbam:

sultaan or what ever your foolish name is,even 1naira is too much money to be taken by trick,so if adelambi is your cohort u beter warn him to return the money to the owner,u talk of people looking for 200k car,i gues your the type that treck around lagos or jump 4rm okada to morue,foolish man.

Me foolish?! make siddon see.

ayusman16:

Bros. This your comment is uncalled for. You must not encourage or take sides in issues like this except ofcourse you were privy to the deal. Lets join hands and bring credibility to the auto section and Nigeria as a whole.

Credibility went down the drain a long time ago, we are probably search for it in the sewer now; guess what keeps showing up Cr*p
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by RICHIEBOI1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2010
I always believe there is two sides to every story. @poster pls state your own side of the story. We have heard from your accuser. @sultan, i never expected such comment from you. i have always respected your comments in this forum. i expected you to listen to both sides of the stories before making careless statements.  angry
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by Fogman(m): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2010
Poster, if what Adelambi said is right, u owe him an apology for this character defamation. You should know that any deposit made during transaction is unrefundable, most especially if u default. If your story is contrary, lets hear it.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by sholasho(m): 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ Poster,
I will only come in after your next comment on here if still need be anyway.

@ Siena especially THUMBS UP to you. You are nothing but ABSOLUTELY Matured Person. Thanks alot i really like the way you handle things.
But i wont come in to this thread not until after mr. Nosa reply the thread thats if need be anyway.

As to Sultaan, i respect you so much and i have always been following your thread here, dont understand why you are handling this particular one this way. Well i believe you will make adjustment sha.

Femy2010,
You really know as e dey go. U are a dealer (cotonou dealer) for that matter.
When deposit is made u know what it is sha.
I go still talk for the thread later after Mr. Nosa don talk na then i go talk wetin eye see that day na. You go hear me soon.

But i swear I was congratulating Mr Nosa on the new XLS Inspired delivered for him 2 days ago or so o!.
But i dont know why people act like this.
You are Pre - ordering a 2000 model for 1.4m which will take like 3 weeks or a month before it gets to you and Ademlabi wants to delivered 2002 for 1.2m in 3 - 4 days. Be reasonable now.
Ha! i no go talk now i really want t hear your side from you sha.

Please and please dont tarnish any body's image here anyhow. Its a forum.

Regards
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by sholasho(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2010
Chealseabmw,
Where u dey? Abeg come clear their doubt here o!.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by alabi4good(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2010
Point of clearity; Alabi4good and Ademlabi are different individuals, so your thread should not be Alabi4ood/Ademlabi it should be Ademlabi alone though we know each other and we ve done business one way or the other on few ocassions.besides,i dont know this mr owenaze and i have never done business with him before.so,why should you falsely accuse me when you havent contacted me before

Deposit is a non refundable payment made to show serious interest in patronising the dealer.It serves as a part payment and it is mostly made in Naira pending the time the full payment would be made in CFA. The deposit is always returned back to the buyer once the full payment is made in CFA. This is a very simple issue compared to major ones and it should be resolved amicably between the two parties involved, so,mr owenaze, we are all waiting for your reply on this one
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by coldwater(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2010
All I can say is I have bought a car ( Camry 2003 XLE ) through Larryshow/Sholaso/Ademlabi from cotonou, They are sincere, honest and deliver to promise, I was in cotonou with them and witnessed what they go through in search of cars for clients,
Ademlabi >>>>. Plz get in touch with the OP and sort it out,
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by femmy2010(m): 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2010
One thing am sure of is that NL and NLers are the goodwill many a dealers count on and where we make ends meet such dealers wont soil it.
We Cotonou Auto dealers though trying to make ends meet take great pride in serving you our many esteem nairalanders and guest alike.
Many a nairalanders are skeptical when it comes to making payment upfront for a buy option they want to procure from Cotonou,i understand the doubts and fear but we have brought trust,reliability and kept our promises regarding Car procurement.
Getting a clean 02 Avalon for N1.2m is very impossible in the Nigeria auto market and only a dealer that is ready to walk almost endlessly and that has very close tie with the lebanese auto importers in Cotonou can make such buy possible.
I take it that a breakdown of communication was what lead to the initiation of this thread but in future lets always try to understand ourselves offline as dialogue is the key.
I have not met any of my fellow Cotonou dealers but we still compare notes and any good job done by one is always a motivation for the others.
There exist an healthy Rivalry between us and any undue mud use to soil the garment of intergrity of one affects us all.
Note also that if any is wrong we would also maintain a common voice at condeming such.
Ademlabi,continue with your good work and your honesty would always pay.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by sultaan(m): 1:26am On Nov 08, 2010
Yes people have lost million here.

N20k is nothing but fuel money, for him to be hurt by N20k when looking for a deal, he's obviously not use to leg work.

I am sarcastic because some people don't know what a retainer is; if you give a seller N20k to hold a car for a certian period of time, you have potentially prevented him from selling at higher margin, and that is what you paid for.

There is no reason to scream over N20k, its fuel money wait till he gets a used car.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by bigfather(m): 6:40am On Nov 08, 2010
I wonder why the guy has not even come out to say anything. I get so pissed when you come out to accuse someone of defrauding you and you keep quiet. angry
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by ademlabi(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2010
@ Owenaze,
Over to you,
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by kayoday(m): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2010
Somehow i seem to have an idea of what owanneze is complaining about having dealt with one of the Cotonou car dealers. From adelambi post, owenaze relied on the him to get him a very clean car as most of them do promise online or during personal discussion off the forum. But most cases what you get there is far from clean. Some picture are far from what you see on ground.

@adelambi
Was his representative there when u made the choice and made deposit for the car? cos u wrote "we".

My Personal Experience.

Once travelled with one of nairaland dealer to Cotonou in search of a Toyota Corolla 2003(Europen Model) or Toyota Camry 97 -99 (Pencil Light), On getting to Cotonou i was shocked at the kind of cars (some of them need to be worked on, some had very high mileage ,some had visible rust on their body) that was being recommended to me to purchase. I told him that was not the first car nor second so i have an idea of what a clean car looks like. Sold my first car here on nairaland after 2 yrs of use and it was far neater than any of the cars i was being advice to buy. Apparently all he was after was for me to buy any car for him to get paid his commission. Imagine an agent convincing me to get a car of 170millage when i told him i dont like it , wanted something below 130 mileage. He was of the opinion that if it gets out of the port and the minor issues fixed i might notbelieve it is same car again. But i rather not own a car than to buy anything short of my expectation. To cut my story short i left Cotonou without buying any car then began my problem.

The dealer wanted his full payment of 50k cos according to him he got me a lot of car but i was deliberately refuse to buy. I insisted that i will give him 20k for his troubles and transport this did not go down well with him. He finally accepted and i left.

Whenever you have to buy in Cotonou make sure u go there personally as dealers choice likely not to meet ur expectation. Reach payment agreement for the transaction in case you buy or not.

1 Like

Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by gestapo(f): 11:53am On Nov 08, 2010
Thread bookmarked cool cool
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by femmy2010(m): 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2010
Interesting piece by KAYODE.
It is indeed a sad one for a dealer to ask to be paid when the buyer didnt make any buy(that is indeed a thread starter).
I understand the fact that some dealers might be over-zealous or inhumane but never the scenario with them all.
I have gotten many a cars for many nairalanders and I have decline buying for some If i anticipate I wont be able to get what they desire.
My advice to future buyers is to make their terms,specs and other condition clear and a sent mail and acceptance response email goes a long way at solving future disagreement like the one in view.
Many NLers and guest alike are too busy but still need a clean buy option and we NL Cotonou dealers wouldnt stop dishing out the very best of service.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by FindOut(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2010
Fellow Forumites,
It's so easy to jump behind my computer, or pick up my mobile phone,log on to Nairaland,and create any topic I so desire in the auto section, & since nobody gets to 'approve' my topic, in a few minutes,its out there for the world(over 600,000 forumites) to see, Inspired,german007,Kunle-A e.t.c., are respected dealers on this forum. I could just wake up & create a thread tarnishin anyone of them's image by posting lies, or half truths, or suspicions. A lot of damage could be done to their reputation just because of a topic I started.
I have to say I passed by this thread without viewing at least 5 times before I decided to open it, but i am quite sure that many people won't even bother to open the thread,but just pass by with d mindset of "Ademlabi is dishonest". I have seen quite a number of cases on this section where dealers were accused,but later vindicated,but who knows how many potential clients they might have lost during that process

During the recent case of Ayusman vs Banix, someone (BizBooks i think)made a suggestion of an arbitration section here on d auto section, I'm not sure if anything has been done in that regard. I think Monitor 1 & Seun should see that dis is created fast, It'll serve as a "police station" where clients can take their complaints if unfairly treated. If the dealer doesnt respond quickly(tume frame to be determined by Arbitrator), or from his response,it is clear that he us dishonest, then a thread can be created or a sort of "public notice" releases from the arbitrator pertaining to the dealer for the whole world to see. Sure enough, the arbitrators will have their own thread & anyone interested in doin a "background check" on any dealer can go in there to see whats happenin & may even xontribute to any current cases going on.
This is just a forum,yeah,but lots of deals worth millions are sealed here so there should be some form of law & order, there is anyway,coz we have moderators,we have rules,, But more can be done not only to protect customers,but also to protect the dealers. Thank usmiley [color=#550000][/color]
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by alabi4good(m): 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2010
@owenaze

i still wonder why you havent responded, but anytime you wish to reply,make you make the following corrections

1.Ademlabi and alabi4good are two different individuals,you made a mistake in including alabi4good in your threat when you havent even contacted me before

2.Apologise to all NLers especially Ademlabi for taking trying spoil his name and reputation, i just dont know why people fond joy in trying to bring another brother down.

3.Apologise to Alabi4good for falsely including his username on your thread when you havent even contacted him before,

common Mr Man,be a man and come out of your shadows
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by fm7070: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2010
somtimes, some customers are very difficult to satisfy.
why has @owenaze refused to talk on NL after his damaging allegation?
You sit back in PH and want the best of Avalon. You could have spared 1 day to see how hectic going to cotonou can be.
Maybe you've never been there and that is why you didn't appreciate those who went there in search of cars for you.
Why not try to take your money there by yourself and see if you won't cry back home at the end of the day.
Ademlabi: keep your name, protect it at all cost. Trust is a big CAPITAL in business.
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by GeorgeD1(m): 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
owenaze seems to have disappeared into thin air after making his allegations
Re: Alabi4good/ademlabi: A Dishonest Car Dealer by bigfather(m): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2010
George_D:

owenaze seems to have disappeared into thin air after making his allegations

Nor mind am ! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Superb Full Option 2003 Acura Tl ( Toks ) 1.3m Pix Attached / Peugeot 607, 2005 V6 For Sale & 07 Toyota Camry / Honda Civic 2005 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.