Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience (1794 Views)

Awonusi Victor Olusegun Of UNILAG Nude Photo Scandal: "My Phone Was Stolen" / Monica Osagie, Lady In The OAU Sex For Mark Scandal (Pictured) / Kisuze Edward, Ugandan Lecturer Suspended Over Sex Scandal (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
Thank you "Lord BBC" for this disgusting documentaries that show case the rotten tomatoes scandal that exist in nigeria universities.

I will tag my personal experience as : Dr Iranloye of LUTH ( Department of physiology and her student Dr Yakubu of the department of physiology) school of post graduate University of Lagos.

My own experience is not sexual but a top scale deliberate victimization of a proud and a pompous student. This event happened 8 years ago .

Scene 1:

Few weeks into the commencement of the programmme Msc physiology. I walked straight to her office, my project supervisor who also doubled as the cordinator of postgraduate studies. my pompous me walked to her and introduce myself to Dr mrs Iranloye. I started by saying my name is Dr yakubu ....and i will like to finish my project work before the end of the programme, for this reason i will appreciate if she can give me my project thesis so as not to clash with my daily bread( since am a practising medical doctor at a private hospital in Lagos).

Bearing in mind my naivety of just coming out fresh both from medical school and Nysc. And one techniques medical student use in college is called opthalmology or eye service , to sell yourself to your tutor that you are a serious type. To my chagrin. This really backfire.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by AeroplaneApple: 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Present
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by immortalcrown(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Before moving to scene 2. Am not so happy for the kind of damage or set back this bbc documentaries will potray to the rest of the world about our educational system that is as rotten as a rotten tomatoes albeit am pleased that this institution can use this opportunity to reshape and reform itself and become a beacon of hope to millions of youth who look forward to academic excellence and opportunity to blow as we say it locally when you graduate from.a tertiary institution.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2019
Dr iranloye ( The teacher) vs Dr Yakubu ( the student) of the CMUL Department of physiology.
Congrats to Dr Iranloye , For her new post as the HOD of Dept of Physiology CMUL. I wish you successful tenure in your new role. Haaaaaaa.

Scene 2:
Dr Iranloye reply me as follows and i quote her word for word: excuse me young man , you called yourself a doctor and you are also working. who ask you to combine work and postgraduate studies together. Didnt you read through the school of postgraduate prospectus. it is not allowed for you to work and do postgraduate course together. you either resign from your job and face the Msc progmme squarely or you face your medical job and leave the skool Msc progmme. I will never allow you to combine these two together. And if you dare me , i will not allow you to graduate or finish this progmme.

When next we meet, i want to hear from you that you have resigned from your job."

Her reposte was a thunder and a tsunami to my ear drum.

my mind quickly flashed to my fellow colleagues who were taking Msc programme in Harvard at the same year like me ( who were all my classmate and we graduated together at Mbbs level) with different kind of opportunities like scholarship, some of them opportunities to earn money within the harvard system by engaging as a Graduate Assistant. etc.

in unilag, no hostel, no scholarship, And you want me to be handicapped just because am a graduate student in cmul.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by daddytime(m): 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hmm
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
Scene 3: Last part.

From our first encounter to the end of d progmme. Iranloye gave me a closed marking like all those EPL defenders. Asking me whenever our path crosses if i have resigned. Resigned bawo. Are you going to put food on my table. U still want me to collect pocket money from my mum and Late Dad after spending this years to graduate in Nigeria typical university as MBbs( 6+ 3+3+2+2+7+x) years where
6 years in pry
6 years in secondary
2 years in ond
2 years taking jamb failing jamb
7 years to read for mbbs
x years for all numerous strike in Nigeria educational calendar
1 year for house job
1 year for nysc

Total years of ::::25Years of investment and scholar assistance from my poor parents . Who squeeze themselves out to make me a man. And just because i wish to ice and crown my graduate degree with Msc. i should remain poor doctor with no means of livelihood. Dr iranloye u are Mad. koni da fun eeeee.

Taking 25 years ( A quater of 100years
assuming i live up to 100 yrs on this earth) of investment and scarce resources to become a doctor.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
Thank you bbc for giving me The Lungs to breathe out this Frustrating Naija education life experience once again. My personal experience

Revisiting Bbc scandal ends here. For now.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by Martinez39(m): 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
@starstaz

Did you end up combining both or did you choose one?
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
Martinez39:
@starstaz

Did you end up combining both or did you choose one?

I combine both of course. And she stick to her Threat of the Bargain to prevent me from earning my Msc.

The progmme was 9 Months. She denied me myThesis. And Threatened me my academic work will suffer, if i proceed to complain to the skool or request for a change of project supervisor.

I was very lucky in life that i was already a Medical doctor and i do not keenly need the Msc to put food on my table. The Msc was just an aesthetics to my personal ego after all. I knew someone else in my shoes or lesser profile would have compromise .

I have opportunity to tarnish her then as i have previledges and access to Prof Osibogun thru my Mum. My mum insist i engage the provost of the Cmul of the time, prof Osibogun. But i stood such opportunity down. Just to experience how vicious and Toxic Dr Iranloye can be as a female lecturer.

Funny things was that i called her for a meeting a week after my classmate Msc colleagues did their graduation. And she said:::::
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
She said ::: Oh u did very well in your course work. Just a pity that u cannot graduate becos of ur outstanding Thesis. Just pay for the new session ( skool fees) and i will re-assigned u to another project supervisor."

After u have allowed me to waste resources both material and kinds to her foolish victimization. And she has used me to settle her personal coding scores.

1 Like

Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
The take away from.my own personal experience is

That we have not just few but many toxic lecturers in our citadel of knowledge with different bully style. some will experience it as sexual harrasment, some student can experience it as victimization , while some others can also be in form of religion intolerance. Above all it depicts the way our society is.....Dysfunctional Society.

Psychopath lecturers. Toxic Genes.

4 Likes

Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by Homeboiy: 7:19am On Oct 08, 2019
If na me that woman go dey run and nobody de pursue her

2 Likes

Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2019
Can you imagine
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by MicroSweet(m): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
My own experience involved a Catholic Reverend Dr. Sister. Women could be wicked... SHe was the HOD that year.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by dayleke: 4:01pm On Oct 08, 2019
Nice.
I can bet you feel better now after letting it out.
You kept it bottled up all these years?

1 Like

Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
dayleke:
Nice.
I can bet you feel better now after letting it out.
You kept it bottled up all these years?

Nice 2. Feeling beta:::yeah.

She herself (Iranloye) is reading dis piece-shit.
We cooked together.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by dayleke: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
starstaz:

Nice 2. Feeling beta:::yeah.

She herself (Iranloye) is reading dis piece-shit.
We cooked together.

Say what?
Whatcha mean?
You married her?
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
dayleke:

Say what?
Whatcha mean?
You married her?

Reading this shit::: i mean , i personally delivered a copy of this text to Her Whatsapp.

Married her bawo::::: No. There was no atom of amorous relationship between us. We are both clean as snow on sexual part.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by LadySarah: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
Naija.
Power.just little power and you will see the beast in ppl
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by dayleke: 1:48am On Oct 09, 2019
starstaz:

Reading this shit::: i mean , i personally delivered a copy of this text to Her Whatsapp.

Married her bawo::::: No. There was no atom of amorous relationship between us. We are both clean as snow on sexual part.

Ok cool.
Now I get it.
I wonder what's going through her mind as she was reading it.....
Regrets, maybe?
Or even no care at all....

Wish you da best bro....
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
Every disappointment is a Big blessing.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by GreatSage: 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
I feel your pain bro.
Nigeria education system is frustrating.
Just imagine my own scenario, after spending 2years for my ond, i spent another two years vying for a bsc programme via direct entry. I applied to futa, passed their exam, was denied admission and was later told that only one N.D holder waa admitted via direct entry. Why were we not told from the onset?
Recently i gained admission via utme, it would be ideal for me to start from 200lvl since i have the qualifications for 200level admission ( age isn't on my side tho) but my wonderful institution has no provision for such.

1 Like

Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
GreatSage:
I feel your pain bro.
Nigeria education system is frustrating.
Just imagine my own scenario, after spending 2years for my ond, i spent another two years vying for a bsc programme via direct entry. I applied to futa, passed their exam, was denied admission and was later told that only one N.D holder waa admitted via direct entry. Why were we not told from the onset?
Recently i gained admission via utme, it would be ideal for me to start from 200lvl since i have the qualifications for 200level admission ( age isn't on my side tho) but my wonderful institution has no provision for such.

Keep pushing bro.

As for the age, it doesn't matter once there is a will .
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by ksbusari(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
have experienced a nagging lecturer. I can't mention names here cos' I still have a lot to do in the schl. this lecturer would not read my thesis on time. he was selected to grade me on my thesis bt he just couldn't stand seeing me in his front.the Man particularly is a sadist.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 2:15am On Dec 07, 2019
ksbusari:
have experienced a nagging lecturer. I can't mention names here cos' I still have a lot to do in the schl. this lecturer would not read my thesis on time. he was selected to grade me on my thesis bt he just couldn't stand seeing me in his front.the Man particularly is a sadist.

U ll Overcome. I hope u are not " cornering " someone so beautiful the man has special interest in. just a joke.
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by ksbusari(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2019
starstaz:

U ll Overcome. I hope u are not " cornering " someone so beautiful the man has special interest in. just a joke.
😀😀
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by starstaz(m): 9:02pm On May 31, 2020
" Oxford University once ensured academic productivity by reviewing employment every five years. Until tenure in Nigerian universities is justified by productivity, the rot will continue on the campuses"

Thisday Editorial. (credit).
Re: Revising Bbc Scandal: My Personal Experience by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 31, 2020
Very interesting post.
Unfortunately the conditions surrounding the pursuit of full-time MSc/PhD degrees in Nigeria were not properly clarified by the Op. By interpretation, most Nigerian Universities will tell you that you cannot undertake a postgraduate programme classified as full-time while at the same time holding a full-time job. This is not unique to Nigeria. In fact most foreign universities will indicate on your visa the number of hours you are allowed to work weekly as a full-time student. This is usually 20 hours and flouting it you risk having problems with the immigration office. There are obvious reasons while the Universities generally adopt this stance, starting from the fact that distracted students who end up being unable to complete their programmes on term will rarely admit that the fault is theirs, but instead will blame the lecturer or the system.

Many Universities in Nigeria will overlook this but that doesn't mean that the rule doesn't exist. The Op made a mistake not seeking advice before going to spill his beans before the lecturer like that. Most PG lecturers in Nigeria will not go about asking you if you have a full-time job or not, but going to volunteer that information to your supervisor is a bad idea especially if that supervisor doesn't like you.

And after the Op did that he could have handled it with tact. The rule says that you cannot combine full-time PG study with full-time employment. You either resign the employment or convert your PG study to part time. But a letter approach is to inform the woman that your employment was part-time/locum. The rule permits that.

This should be a lesson to others interested in full-time PG study in Nigeria. You either take a part-time PG programme, or you keep your mouth shut about having a full-time employment especially if no one is asking you. Believe me that rule exists and it is not that lecturer you dislike that manufactured it.

(1) (Reply)

NMC Olympiad Informatics Past Questions And Answers, NMC Past Questions. / 2009-2010 Ume: BUT WHY? / Yaba Tech Hnd (full /part Time) Form Now On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.