Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan (42509 Views)

Conversion Of Petrol Vehicles To CNG To Cost Between N300,000 To N600,000 – FG / Innoson Supplies 10 Vehicles To Kogi State Government (Photos) / Innoson Motors Delivers 77 New Vehicles To FRSC - Exclusive Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by AutoReportNG: 11:58am On Oct 08, 2019
The Director-General of the National Automotive Design and Development Council, NADDC, Jilani Aliyu, has disclosed that plans are underway to make locally-made vehicles readily available for Nigerians to buy and make payments in at least five-year instalments.

Speaking with newsmen at the ongoing GITEX 2019 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Mr Aliyu stated that his agency was collaborating with JAIZ, WEMA and Zenith banks with a view to providing single-digit financing for made-in-Nigeria vehicles.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-kYIsHPhrgi8/XZxl8ytANnI/AAAAAAAAgVo/zroVT9KLGKIVU34RTyl8K2cs1fW6Yo8oACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Made%2BIn%2BNigeria.jpg[/img]

According to him, in about three months’ time, Nigerians will be able to put down 10% and drive off made-in-Nigerian vehicles and pay over five years.

He said: “Instead of continuing to be importing fully-built vehicles from overseas, we are working towards promoting and sustaining the production of vehicles in the country.

“This effort will give us brand new vehicles that would be fuel-efficient, very modern and it will create tens of thousands of jobs.

“It will help grow the economy and it will also stop us from being a dumping ground for old and dilapidated vehicles.

“We feel that with this scheme in place, Nigerians can now buy and drive new vehicles. Nigerians deserve more than that,” Mr Aliyu stressed.

On the prices of these vehicles, the D-G said the vehicles are cost-effective, affordable and in tune with the environment.

“Of course, the objective of manufacturing these vehicles locally is to be cost-effective, affordable and very in tune with the environment and elegance. So we are looking at the price much, much lower than what we have today, probably between three and five million Naira,” Mr Aliyu disclosed.

On his efforts towards making Nigeria one of the vehicle-manufacturing countries to reckoned with, Mr Aliyu said: “We as a government body, we encourage the private sector to produce vehicles in Nigeria through the National Automotive Industrial Development Plan, NAIDP.

“NAIDP is a program that has five cardinal elements to help promote local production of vehicles.

“Those elements are investment promotion, which is to work with the private sector and encourage and support them in bringing money into Nigeria to set up their factories.

“Then we also have an infrastructure plan to provide the necessary infrastructure for the industry to set up and be sustained.

“We also deal with standards to make sure that the components that go into the vehicles meet minimum global standards.

“Then we also have training where every year we train thousands of Nigerians on mechatronics so that they understand the new automotive technology and be capable of fixing and maintaining these vehicles professionally.

“We as well deal with market development. First, we promote the production and then work with stakeholders, end-users and the companies to help people to be able to buy these vehicles,” Mr Aliyu noted.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/10/nigeria-made-vehicles-to-be-ready-soon.html

31 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by AutoReportNG: 11:58am On Oct 08, 2019

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Nbote(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2019
Don't understand why some of dis our ppl chose to sell stories outside d shores of dis nation jus to look gud... We only hear about these things wen dey go abroad. Dats how a minister went to launch a NigerianAir logo in London and flew anoda airline back and till date d airline is only in d logo.. Make we dey see

209 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Simplyleo: 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
Very good.

I need to drive a car with zero mileage to see how it looks like.

As in be the first original owner, not the ones wey oyibo don drive taya.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by meavox: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
Simplyleo:
Very good.

I need to drive a car with zero mileage to see how it looks like.

As in be the first original owner, not the ones wey oyibo don drive taya.

Unfortunately, it will NEVER be a good experience because of the terrible roads. We need to change Nigeria's structure otherwise noting will work properly.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Simplyleo: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
meavox:

Unfortunately, it will NEVER be a good experience because of the terrible roads. We need to change Nigeria's structure otherwise noting will work properly.
Anyhow, I sha want to have a taste of it. Will reserve it only for smooth roads like in Abuja.

But in lagos, tokumbo SUV will do the job for me.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Nbote(m): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
Jus recently One of d major stakeholders in d automotive industry admitted regrets over his investment in an assembly becos d govt wasn't serious about it's policies whixh made him invest in d first place

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by theenchanter: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
Adonbilivit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by oz4real83(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2019
I will only believe this only when Ajaokuta and Aladja steel companies are working efficiently. A country without a functioning steel industry will only tell lies as they are doing now with this report.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2019
These ones have seen mumu

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Carmit(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2019
This gives me joy....

Nobody should come and start saying rubbish here ooo... As if you can make anything angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Nmezor(f): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
Not buying this

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by bestman09(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
angry

I pray o! I need that Innoson G80 suv

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
I son arrive

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by donprinyo(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
Give us nepa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Kendumazy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by solmusdesigns: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
Nice plan
Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by TheExecutioner: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
I'll believe it when it happens.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by jaxxy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
I will not buy a Nigerian made vehicle just cos it’s made in Nigeria unless it meets international standards or worth the price tag.

Because of the dysfunctional economy private businesses are running at ridiculous cost to produce basic products.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Abbeyme: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
That would be great sha
Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Carmit(m): 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
AryaSand:
These ones have seen mumu

Do you know how many automobiles are produced in Nigeria already?...

Please do due diligence before you resume your E-pundit job angry
Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Starboytwo(m): 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
I like this...

Na small small he dey start...

We go dey alright Las Las

Before 2030 I expect "Power" to be fixed... I can't wait for the day "up nepa" will be a history....

Your kids won't understand when you tell them, we use to shout Up Nepa back in the days grin

This country is mad, that's why I like it, as a "OG" there are no rules, use any mad style and collect your own... Partner with fellow mad men and make mad money....

"Woh everybody lole oo" wahrah leverybody

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Depressed101: 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
AkpaAmu9:
[s][/s] shut up
AkpaAmu indeed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by selemempe: 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
What happened to NigerianAir sef

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by seangy4konji: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
Please let's hear word...

You don't make anything. Only assemble to call it 30 million for a chick jeep that can't even carry a transformer..

Abeg grow up jor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Carmit(m): 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
bestman09:
angry

I pray o! I need that Innoson G80 suv

Before that one go come down eenh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Xclusiveme: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
What a great news, let's start form somewhere.
Insurance should be implemented in the country
Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2019
seangy4konji:
Please let's hear word...

You don't make anything. Only assemble to call it 30 million for a chick jeep that can't even carry a transformer..

Abeg grow up jor

Lol!
Same way they promised us National Air Carrier that we haven't seen since it was launched more than a year ago. This Government is all about Lies. Sakamanje!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan by Chrysz(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2019
Our leaders should lead by example...

Let them get it first and we follow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying Your Car From Cotonou / Celebrity Kids And Their Cars (Photos) / Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.