Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery (3750 Views)

Tecno POP 5P Launched In Nigeria With HD+ Display And 5,000mah Battery / Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Review - 6,000mah Battery King / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Unboxing -- A Phone With 5,000mah Battery! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by beejayvince(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Xiaomi released the Redmi 8A two weeks ago, and now we have the Redmi 8. Both phones are quite similar in specifications but have different bodies.

The Redmi 8 comes in a glass body, sporting Xiaomi’s new Aura Mirror design. It has a 6.22-inch HD+ IPS LCD screen with a notch to house the selfie camera.

On the rear of the device sits a dual-camera setup. The main shooter is a 12MP f/1.8 Sony IMX 363 sensor with 1.4μm-sized pixels and dual PD. The second unit is a 2MP depth sensor. Under the camera setup is a fingerprint sensor.

The Redmi 8’s camera comes with a number of AI features. It has AI scene detection with 33 profiles. These profiles range from scenery to plants, pets, and even six India-specific modes.

Under the hood, the Redmi 8 is powered by the Snapdragon 439 SoC, the same chipset in the Redmi 8A. You can now get a 4GB RAM option and up to 64GB of internal storage.

The Redmi 8 comes with a battery of 5,000mAh with support for up to 18W fast charging. However, you only get a 10W adapter in the box.

The phone comes with wireless FM radio. It has a 3.5mm headphone jack, an IR blaster, and P2i splash protection.

Redmi 8 Price and Availability
The Redmi 8 comes in two memory variants – 3GB RAM + 32GB internal storage and 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage. It will be available in three color options – Onyx Black, Ruby Red, and Sapphire Blue.

The 3GB+32GB version comes at a starting price of INR7,999 (about $113) while the 4GB+64GB version starts at INR8,999 (about $127). Sales of the device in India will begin at midnight on October 12 on the Mi website and Flipkart.

The 4GB+64GB variant of the phone will also be available in Ukraine at a price of UAH4,499 (about $182).

Source: https://www.smartphonecamp.com/xiaomi-redmi-8-unveiled-with-snapdragon-439-and-5000mah-battery/

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by yungsmart(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
Aswear Xiaomi fvck up Big time. SD 439 this is a complete downgrade.

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by ZesusHVWritter(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
yungsmart:
Are you complaining about the chipset due to its figure count or you have done a comparison between it and the previous 632 found on the redmi 7?

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by yungsmart(m): 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Are you complaining about the chipset due to its figure count or you have done a comparison between it and the previous 632 found on the redmi 7?

Lol I know it is not about numbers even adreno 530 is better than adreno 610. But go check the comparison with 632 at kimovil.com
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Ayebaeapretai(f): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
Haq Haq Haq Sd 439 grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
yungsmart:

Lol I know it is not about numbers even adreno 530 is better than adreno 610. But go check the comparison with 632 at kimovil.com
I don't need to check. I know, it's why I asked if you knew, if you have checked the comparison not only on that site you just quoted but on other site. Then I ask, what are you complaining about? Other than 632 is bigger than 439 in terms of figure?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by yungsmart(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

I don't need to check. I know, it's why I asked if you knew, if you have checked the comparison not only on that site you just quoted but on other site. Then I ask, what are you complaining about? Other than 632 is bigger than 439 in terms of figure?
Bigger than in figure lol. Now I know you don't know. 632 scored 119000 points in antutu compared to 439 85000 points. It is not just bigger it is better
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Obaiyski(m): 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2019
yungsmart:
I think They only want Redmi8 to compete in prize with phones on the same segment like Hot8 with P22 chip, that's the reason they reduce the chip and now added few features that are not in Redmi 7

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Baddestguyp(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
Disappointed in Xiaomi sha...poor chipset...
They wanna start what Oppo does
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by drjprince: 6:14am On Oct 10, 2019
Ayebaeapretai:
Haq Haq Haq Sd 439 grin grin grin
as if tecno and infinix can use this on their flagship self,this phone still stand its ground with tecno flagship undecided
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by KendrickAyomide: 8:05am On Oct 10, 2019
Am not using Tecno and infinix in my life again
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by MrBONE2(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2019
yungsmart:

grin

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Osasnidas(m): 9:04am On Oct 10, 2019
I am eyeing the Xiaomi redmi 8a, i will get it come december or January grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Ayebaeapretai(f): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2019
drjprince:
as if tecno and infinix can use this on their flagship self,this phone still stand its ground with tecno flagship undecided
Zero 6 has SD 636 so what are you saying ?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by abumeinben(m): 9:42am On Oct 10, 2019
Hitting Samsung up there with higher SD.

Hitting techno and family down there with lower SD.

Good plan.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by yungsmart(m): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2019
Obaiyski:

I think They only want Redmi8 to compete in prize with phones on the same segment like Hot8 with P22 chip, that's the reason they reduce the chip and now added few features that are not in Redmi 7

Yeah you are right like the 5000mah battery Sony imx 362 camera. Gyroscope
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2019
yungsmart:

Bigger than in figure lol. Now I know you don't know. 632 scored 119000 points in antutu compared to 439 85000 points. It is not just bigger it is better
Okay let me do the usual.
The sd439 is less energy consuming because it was manufactured on 12nm semiconductor why the 632 is produced on 14mn.

The sd439 has a better architecture of big little chip arrangement with 4x1.95 and 4x1.45 cores alignment, this helps the chipset to designate proper work load according to demand. Tasks like calling, Facebooking and other less intensive tasks are executed and maintained by the 4x1.45 cores which reduces memory and energy consumption.

The sd632 has a more parallel core arrangement. With 4x1.8 and 4x1.8 cores, these core segmentation means the chipset is less memory and energy efficient, but can perform even the less demanding of tasks with high cores which enables the cores score those high ratings you found on antutu and other ratings.
But in everyday use, the 439 will do much better all round when compared to the 632.

I can go on, but when discussing about lowend devices the major focus is on battery and memory. And the sd 439 does it better than 632 or any chip from snapdragon lower than the sd636.

Like I initially stated, what worries you is the difference in figure and you confirmed it by quoting the the antutu score of both chipset then stopped there, forgetting every other aspects that makes up a good chipset.
Xiaomi is a global company, with a lot of things to consider before launching a device. The redmi 8 is coming to triple the performance of the redmi 7 by taking everything to a better level.
What am actually waiting for before I give the redmi 8 my complete support is the camera shoot out test against midrange devices powered by the sd655 and above.
But so far, I am not disappointed yet.
In fact, I will recommend the redmi 8 and note 8 to anyone, but I wouldn't recommend the note 8 pro to anyone because I personally don't see any edge mtk has over a snapdragon chipset in terms of performance and battery management.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by yungsmart(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

The sd439 is less energy consuming because it was manufactured on 12nm semiconductor why the 632 is produced on 14mn.

The sd439 has a better architecture of big little chip arrangement with 4x1.95 and 4x1.45 cores alignment, this helps the chipset to designate proper work load according to demand. Tasks like calling, Facebooking and other less intensive tasks are executed and maintained by the 4x1.45 cores which reduces memory and energy consumption.

The sd632 has a more parallel core arrangement. With 4x1.8 and 4x1.8 cores, these core segmentation means the chipset is less memory and energy efficient, but can perform even the less demanding of tasks with high cores which enables the cores score those high ratings you found on antutu and other ratings.
But in everyday use, the 439 will do much better all round when compared to the 632.

I can go on, but when discussing about lowend devices the major focus is on battery and memory. And the sd 439 does it better than 632 or any chip from snapdragon lower than the sd636.

Like I initially stated, what worries you is the difference in figure and you confirmed it by quoting the the antutu score of both chipset then stopped there, forgetting every other aspects that makes up a good chipset.
Xiaomi is a global company, with a lot of things to consider before launching a device. The redmi 8 is coming to triple the performance of the redmi 7 by taking everything to a better level.
What am actually waiting before I give the redmi 8 my complete support is the camera shoot out test against midrange devices powered by the sd655 and above.
In fact, I will recommend the redmi 8 and note 8 to anyone, but I wouldn't recommend the note 8 pro to anyone because I personally don't see any edge mtk has over a snapdragon chypset in terms of performance and battery management.

I get you it is coming with Sony imx 362 . Now you are so engaging and comfortable to converse with unlike one dilapidated brained brined itzneowizy
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by yungsmart(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

What am actually waiting before I give the redmi 8 my complete support is the camera shoot out test against midrange devices powered by the sd655 and above.
In fact, I will recommend the redmi 8 and note 8 to anyone, but I wouldn't recommend the note 8 pro to anyone because I personally don't see any edge mtk has over a snapdragon chipset in terms of performance and battery management.

Antutu scores merges everything together That doesn't stop it from being a downgrade. Because you just focused on the CPU neglecting the GPU which will be unable to play heavy games
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2019
yungsmart:

I get you it is coming with Sony imx 362 . Now you are so engaging and comfortable to converse with unlike one dilapidated brained brined itzneowizy
I try to maintain a path which is for the sake of enlightenment when deliberating on issues generally.
Being sentimental or agitated usually abandons the motive of debate which is to acquire more knowledge as regards to the matter in deposition.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Itzneowizy(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2019
yungsmart:

I get you it is coming with Sony imx 362 . Now you are so engaging and comfortable to converse with unlike me that has a dilapidated brained brined
undecided
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by CharlesJok3r: 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
yungsmart:
I read the Redmi 8 3/32gb will be selling for $100 if that is true then this is a very good bargain.
I don't think MI fvcked up considering the price they will be selling this Redmi 8. Plus the Redmi 8 is equipped with USB type C, 18W charging, 5000mAh battery...

CPU & GPU on Redmi 7 is better but Redmi 7 is more expensive

https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdragon-439-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-632
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Olanivalue(m): 12:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
CharlesJok3r:

I read the Redmi 8 3/32gb will be selling for $100 if that is true then this is a very good bargain.
I don't think MI fvcked up considering the price they will be selling this Redmi 8. Plus the Redmi 8 is equipped with USB type C, 18W charging, 5000mAh battery...

CPU & GPU on Redmi 7 is better but Redmi 7 is more expensive

https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdragon-439-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-632
baba rubbish is rubbish why will I use my money to buy rotten � tomato. Abeg no give speech here..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by drjprince: 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
he was right undecided
Itzneowizy:
undecided
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by drjprince: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
Ayebaeapretai:
Zero 6 has SD 636 so what are you saying ?
and how much was it sold?

can zero 6 stand redmi note 5 pro
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by CharlesJok3r: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
Olanivalue:
baba rubbish is rubbish why will I use my money to buy rotten � tomato. Abeg no give speech here..
Lol
Let's wait for the final price. If it is selling for more than $100 then it is rubbish.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2019
Its the camera am more concerned about.1.4um. that's what same pixel size with Samsung flagship, though optimization may not be the same. But yet it has PDAF
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
yungsmart:

Antutu scores merges everything together That doesn't stop it from being a downgrade. Because you just focused on the CPU neglecting the GPU which will be unable to play heavy games
Indulge me. What gpu is the 439 using and what gpu is the 632 using and how do they differ in performance?
Just to be exact. Have you seen a detailed gaming video review of a device housing the sd439 vs a device being powered by 632?.

So you know, the 439 or 632 are not made for midrange or high-midrange devices expecting either of these chipsets to do well while playing heavy games means you have misplaced priorities when considering a device that is powered by these chipsets.
There is a reason why lowend devices are powered by these chipsets and not midrange devices.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by yungsmart(m): 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Indulge me. What gpu is the 439 using and what gpu is the 632 using and how do they differ in performance?
Just to be exact. Have you seen a detailed gaming video review of a device housing the sd439 vs a device being powered by 632?.

So you know, the 439 or 632 are not made for midrange or high-midrange devices expecting either of these chipsets to do well while playing heavy games means you have misplaced priorities when considering a device that is powered by these chipsets.
There is a reason why lowend devices are powered by these chipsets and not midrange devices.

You still don't get my point, you know what I give up

Adioss

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
yungsmart:

You still don't get my point, you know what I give up

Adioss
Except you have kept your point unsaid all these while, while analysing other issues, then you have made your point and your point has been dealt with by me. Or you have a point you are yet to make.

(1) (Reply)

11 Million Phone Lines in Nigeria (teledensity now 9.2) / Tecno Should Stop Lying To Its Customers / What's Your Best Dating App On Your Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.